The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

• 2 weeks later
On 6/15/2023 at 8:54 AM, Techwright said:

Citizen-X has an awesome look, @wei yau!  Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised I've not seen the look over at the costumes thread.

Thank you for the kind words, I have not posted Citizen-X over there, but perhaps I should

• 3 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Pearline - Spines/Bio Scrapper

qzQQ3o1.png

Pearline's online dating profile:

LF: M, F, open minded about non-humans.

Yes, that's not lighting, I change colors. 🙂 I’m a mutant blessed with chromatophores which are great for blending into your surroundings and fashion!

Some particular deal breakers for dating me: though most would describe me as petite at 155cm / 5’1”, size 0, I weigh 190 kilos/418 pounds.

I also, sometimes uncontrollably, sprout plates..think Miss. Stegosaurus America (ya no pics of that, not attractive).

So I'm compatible with someone that is invulnerable or similar.

When not fighting crime or corruption (no white collar criminals that think they're above the law need dm me) I read a lot, enjoy Netflix n Chill. I'd love to travel more, for other than super work, and I'd love to meet someone serious that I could travel with. But seriously, I'm not trying to be all 'lets meet and immediately plan wedding' but I'm getting on in age and I am trying to move on from flings. Cool? Dm me...<3

Origin

The mechanisms of Pearline Gauthier’s mutations are not known. She was born with skin that undulated in an array of colors and small spikes. Testing would show the spikes were made of calcium carbonate, not unlike seashells. Other DNA testing showed commonalities with Cuttlefish as to her chromatophores (color changing) and iridophores (light reflecting) cells.

She experienced an exponential growth in the speed to which she could grow spikes and armor in puberty, changing her life from a self-conscious and shy youth (It is somewhat easy for shyness to be amplified with natural camouflage of course) into a viable super hero.

In game, and I have multiple copies with different skin color. 

UthwcbQ.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later

Red Curry

CX3GUpm.png

• Mutant
  • Brute
  • Super Strength
  • Radiation Armor
  • Pyre Mastery
  • Species - Human
  • Ethnicity - English/Columbian
  • Height - 5'1" / 6'4"ish
  • Weight - varies from 45kgs/100 pounds to 133 kgs/295 pounds
  • Hair - Black / Red
  • Eyes - Brown / Yellow
  • Skin - Off-white / Red

Rena Marie Curry AKA Red Curry had a latent mutation that started manifesting in last adolescence. She began absorbing natural environmental radiation increasing her strength and size.

This was initially subtle by super heroic standards, on the scale of turning a petite young woman into an Olympic athlete temporarily. In hindsight, there was, even then, a slight red shade to her skin when “amped up.”

It was on a ‘take your child to work day’ with her father, who was a chemical physicist at a local nuclear power plant, that she fully became the ‘Red Curry’ her community knows and loves. She was rather instinctively drawn to the reactor. In a fit, she could only describe as a blackout, she smashed through several walls and hugged the reactor. Thankfully, nobody was injured. In fact, all the radiation that one might fear would be released, she absorbed. It took several years of study before she could redirect energy and use it for healing, on the rare occasion that the near invulnerability it provided her failed.

https://fbsa.homecoming.wiki/wiki/Red_Curry

____

I've turned this character into a beast over time and a lot of respecs, thought I should actually write a bio. In game, I have two costumes, regular small human in shorts and a school shirt and sneakers and big Red Curry which adds glowing eyes, red skin of course, and loses her shoes. In my head cannon, the shoes are the one issue they still haven't found the right stretchy material for the soles. 😛

She was originally SS/Fire, but just wasn't tough enough for general missioning/task forces, though never got her incarnated. IOd to a silly amount she is

• 45% melee defense
  • 90 smash, lethal, fire resists
  • 75 energy
  • 60s on cold, toxic, negative
  • so psionic is the only real hole at 25%ish
  • But with 400% regen and a heal, no biggie. 
  • And with the combo of fury, Meltdown, and Rage and IOs, regularly self-buffed damage at 375-400%. 

Edited by blackhand
  • Like 3

Blue Aria - Lead Singer and Leader of Super Girl Band

Blue Aria.jpg

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Hard Melody - Bass Guitarist for Super Girl Band.

Hard melody.jpg

• Like 3

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Di Di Guns - The first of several Dual Pistol Hotties!

Di Di Guns.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Runeslinger - My Badge Hunter.

Runeslinger.jpg

• Like 3

Tideway - Water/Time Blaster

Tideway.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later

Biru

Energy/Electric/Mu Scrapper

QtUFsWU.png

Indah ‘Biru’ Sukarnoputri

Early Life

Indah Sukarnoputri was born in Indonesia. Biru means ‘blue,’ a nickname from childhood due to her oddly firm favorite color, often insisting all her clothes be blue.

Biru was seemingly a born scientist. Her parents laughingly recall a constant refrain that she had a "hypothesis" from age 5. She blazed through school and started college a year early.

Portal Corp

After getting her Master’s degree, Biru became a chemist at Portal Corp where she worked on the continuing research on Superdine, studying safe short term uses.

One day at Portal Corp, there was a series of partial power failures and a portal began to oscillate in intensity and directionality. Ten people were killed outright.

Despite the best efforts of Portal Crop, Biru could not be found. Sensor and targeting data was fragmented at the time she disappeared, just before the portal exploded. It was a ‘needle in a haystack’ issue, with the added challenge that the ‘needle’ may have been disintegrated or disbursed atomically across the multiverse. All but her parents eventually gave up hope.

The Blue Pearl

Six months after the incident, Indah Sukarnoputri phoned home. A literal message in a bottle was piggybacked on a portal return signal with identification, coordinates, and a request to send a diplomatic detail.

A rescue party and xenoambassador were sent. They were greeted near a beautiful artificial reef pool by a blue, bioluminescent Biru waving excitedly and circled by a party of 1 to 2 meter tall cuttlefish-like creatures, with lavishly adorned shells.

Their hosts‘ name for themselves, Biru laughingly explained, was basically ‘home sapiens,’ in translation. “They call their shells ‘homes,’ so it makes sense!”

Biru would later explain she had been flung into this version of Earth nearly dead. The ‘homeys,’ as she calls them for short, raced to save her. Their medical technology was largely based around rapid healing. An approach that was not viable for humans without the right mutations, often going cancerous. Their best doctors and scientists were only able to save her through gene splicing. Novel process that it was, with them not understanding human metabolism, the DNA changes manifested in much more powerful ways in Biru.

Which when she first awoke, was very problematic. The homeys communicate electropathically. Biru could sense that they were trying to communicate, even if the ‘words,’ made no sense ….”seemed like math though” but her attempts at replying would stun the homeys.

The two species worked at it. Biru figured out that the messages they were sending her were essentially vector drawings. They resorted to sending signals to her directly with her using a tablet to draw her responses. Being fluent in five human languages, she mostly figured it out in a few months. ..”it is a bit like Chinese, except all the parts of speech have distinct shells…haa…and emotional and structural meaning is color based. Though that is like, the trade language, some of their languages are like abstract art just in simple sentences.”

“This was first contact for them. I lived like a celebrity mermaid in many ways. Oh ya, [shows her gill slits] gills!!…..working gills! I had a lovely foster family …and incidentally the DNA change cured my shellfish allergy…Ya getting back, so I didn't set right away to coming back because I had rather profound amnesia. But once my memory came back, while I could make casual conversation at that point, it took longer to explain portal technology. They had imagined there was sentient life out in the universe, but had assumed I had come from a spaceship.”

A year after returning to her own Earth, tourism to and from the Blue Pearl (their name for Earth) is thriving. Biru visits her foster family as often as she can between her continuing work both at Portal Corp and with Longbow.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

Lila Blackthorn 

7tos51V.png

Magic Blaster

Archery/Tactical Arrow

Hello fellow hero

Pardon me, Lila Blackthorn of clan Roothaven. Thou wouldn't befall to know the coordinates to ae certain “Blue pearl” ar mabe ”Fae Earth?”

Aye, I worry ‘tis futile. If the good gentlelady a’ Portal Corp can’t help…[looks forlorn]

Aye, I was minding mine own business one sun’d day, walking myown pet snail Shiny when I saw ae strange glowy tunnel. Like my dear mother oftsaid, an itchy nose asks for ae cut on the foot, but we went to see if treasure might be there.

Next thing we knew, we were in the mid of one of your 'streets' and neary hit by a 'car.' Mistress Liberty sete me to clan Longbow and I mighty appreciate the rich new bow and alchemical arrows, but alas, I miss me mum.

Origin

Lila is from a parallel Earth where magic is much more common and has been for ages. This fact greatly slowed any industrial revolution there might have been.

She stumbled through an interdimensional portal one day and landed in Dublin. Portal Corp has not been able to find out her origin despite assigning one of their best researchers to it. Irish Longbow took to orienting her.

Powers

• Reflexes/Dodging: Lila is intimately in tune with the natural forces around her. She may be fast and able to dodge easily, but she also can subtly control air to divert projectiles and similar.
  • Archery: Lila has 20/5 vision, (like an Eagle) which isn't uncommon for her species. She can also magically ‘see’ the wind and other natural forces. In all, this makes archery very natural for her.
  • Healing: She can heal herself and others rather rapidly, though her Longbow trainers, since coming to Primal Earth, have steered her away from that as she has made some mistakes not quite understanding the lack of innate magical ability in many people and the differences in human versus fae physiology. (she healed a bystanders’ back and they now have insect wings).
  • Stealth: She is also incredibly flexible (the wings do fold flat), coupled with her small size, can fit into very tiny spaces. Equipped with a stealth unit, she is often assigned surveillance missions.

Trivia

Lila was not primarily an archer before coming to Primal Earth. She was a beast master. However, the types of beasts here are not the ones she is used to. Longbow did an aptitude assessment and she scored most highly on archery.

Lila is still learning our version of English. Her first language is Irish and English in her dimension never had the influx of Franco Norman from a Viking invasion. (interestingly, there was a William the Conqueror, very similar up until the invasion, but the Anglo Saxons had giants that sunk most of their boats).

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later

I always appreciate people taking the time to flesh out their characters in this fashion.  This is about the extent of my RP...but I do wish there was more room to write the story I have for mine. 

Thank you for posting them.

Edited by Jynu
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

• 2 weeks later

The Sunflare Surfer is the all-time galaxy champion of solar and sun-flare surfing. Growing up on Talos Island, he spent most of his time surfing and hanging at the beach. When he eventually developed his mutant fire powers and tolerance for heat and radiation, he successfully tested himself by surfing the plasma waves and flares of the Earth's sun. He now goes from star to star looking for the biggest waves and flares to ride and competing in the galaxy's sun-surfing tournament circuit. There are very few who can compete with the Sunflare Surfer as many are just not that talented or can't stand the heat--literally!

Even though the Sunflare Surfer is also a registered "hero" with Paragon City's Hero Corps, he would rather be on a beach or the nearest star. Lately, he can generally be found off the coast and beaches of the Rogue Isles where the waves are "totally rad, dude!" Oh yeah... there is some villainy to stop there too.

(Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)

Sunflare Surfer 1.jpg

Sunflare Surfer 2.jpg

Sunflare Surfer 3.jpg

Sunflare Surfer 4.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1