Advice sought for creating a stalker...

biostem

So I've read @Croax's guide on Stalkers, and while I understand the points brought up, what I'm trying to figure out is which combination best captures the "essence" of the AT, and which provide the best and/or most consistent performance in higher level play.  I have unlocked Incarnates on tankers, controllers, defenders, blasters, and sentinels, so I'm familiar with those ATs, but I want to work on a stalker as well.  Thank you for any advice you can provide!

*Note - I'm not really big into playing the IO set bonus meta-game, so please keep that in mind when offering up your suggestions.  Thanks again!

To capture the "essence" of the AT, I think your secondary would be Ninjitsu. It was originally just a stalker set and somewhat different from all the other armors. It's fits into the stealth theme and functions decently without the IO set meta. Your other options, if you don't want to delve into IOs, are probably SR and EA, as they will function better without the set bonuses than most the other armors. I don't think there is really a primary that defines the AT as much, so it's kind of whatever you want on that end. I would point you to one of the sets that has more AoEs for a better/consistent higher level of play without IO bonus meta. These would include Electric, Ice, Rad, Savage, Spines, Staff or Street Justice. Of those, Ice probably synergizes best with Ninjitsu because adding Ice Patch to Caltrops will wreak havoc on the AI and make enemies flop slowly on the damage patch.

If you ever do want to get into the IO meta, let me know 🙂 That's where I spend all my time.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
On 5/25/2022 at 10:42 PM, Microcosm said:

If you ever do want to get into the IO meta, let me know 🙂 That's where I spend all my time.

So I tried a bunch of different builds out, and am going with an energy/energy stalker.  She's about level 26 ATM, and other than running out of end in protracted battles, (should be resolved at 27 when I can slot a Numina's Convalescence +regen/+rec in health, and again at 28 when I get energy drain).  I've also kitted her out with 3 stalker's guile in 1 power, and the other 3 in another, to double up on the acc and defense set bonuses.  Further, I have the assassin's mark unique in yet another attack power, and the gaussian's unique in build up, all pretty much funded by one of my other characters that had a ton of merits saved up for a rainy day.  Please let me know if there are any other suggestions you have or advice you can offer.  Thanks again!

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, biostem said:

She's about level 26 ATM, and other than running out of end in protracted battles, (should be resolved at 27 when I can slot a Numina's Convalescence +regen/+rec in health, and again at 28 when I get energy drain).

So adorable that you think it's going to end then.

It's never going to end.

My poor deluded beautiful flower, welcome to EA.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

So adorable that you think it's going to end then.

It's never going to end.

My poor deluded beautiful flower, welcome to EA.

*glances at Energize and Energy Drain and wonders what is being said*

• Thumbs Up 3

If you're focus is theme then I'd have agree Stalker and Ninjitsu seem to go hand in hand.  Now if you want a quality armor there's all kinds of better ones.  The easy o play and build ones are SR and EA.  The ones with high potential with good building would be Ice and Invuln with the latter being my favorite armor on Stalkers.  

As far as attacks my favorite had been Street Justice since it just hits so hard and has some decent little pbaoe.  But if killing AVs is your thing then Energy Melee is what you want.  Total Focus, AS, ET and Snipe all being extreme damage attacks in a chain is real nasty, yeah its aoe damage is meh but you're playing the stalker to murder the biggest thing in your way as fast as you can.  

I've teamed with some nasty EM/Bio's as well, its kind of up to you on what you want to achieve and own your choice. 

• Thanks 1