Spines/Rad Procsplosion Build - Discussion Welcome

Spaghetti Betty

So out of all the years I've played this game, Spines is one set that I could just never grow to like. It's kinda slow, a little low on the damage spectrum, and really needs all of it's tools to prosper. Plus, it looks like bananas.

So, in my search to find a secondary to compliment Toxic-Banana-Shooting Man, I looked at Radiation Armor. I thought to myself, "Well, this is really proccable. In fact, so is Spines. Hmm.."

So I set out to the test server to make something fun. This is what I came up with:

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

death briar: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Spines
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(3), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(3), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Spine Burst -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Arm-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(40), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(40), ImpSwf-Dam%(40)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(5), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), TtnCtn-ResDam(9)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 8: Impale -- SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(15), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Dcm-Build%(33), Apc-Dam%(34), TraoftheH-Dam%(34)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(17), ScrDrv-Dam%(17), ThfofEss-+End%(19), Erd-%Dam(19), Obl-%Dam(21)
Level 18: Quills -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(21), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(A), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg(25), CldSns-ToHitDeb(27), TchofLadG-DefDeb(27)
Level 22: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- PndSlg-Stun%(A)
Level 26: Ripper -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(43), Obl-%Dam(43), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33)
Level 30: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(31), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), TtnCtn-ResDam(31)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(46), ImpSwf-Dam%(46)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Erd-%Dam(36), Obl-%Dam(36), AchHee-ResDeb%(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), ShlBrk-%Dam(37)
Level 38: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), Rct-ResDam%(42), Rct-Def(42)
Level 44: Water Spout -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48), Mrc-Rcvry+(48), PwrTrns-EndMod(48)
Level 49: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(9), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(13)
Level 22: Double Jump 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Nerve Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------

And, it just kinda works. Now, I know what you're thinking. "But Betty, nothing here is capped! WTF?!?!?!?" Don't worry, because this isn't a toon rigidly built for survivability. What it does do well is melt anything it touches.

It didn't really matter what I put it up against, most mobs just, well, fell over in a very short matter. +4 bosses especially just dropped dead, much to my shock. And if I found myself in a pinch, I had plenty of "oh shi-" buttons at my disposal, that I mostly just cycled through so I didn't have to worry about my green bar.

PROs

-Lots of damage!

-Impale is a "kill stuff faster" button!

-No endurance problems!

-Water Spout is fun!

CONs

-To hit debuffs make you sad

-Not the toughest thing around, but gets the job done

-Slow animations might get you killed

As always, thanks for reading. Any conversation is welcome and appreciated.

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Love it!  This is pretty much how I've been looking at my builds lately.

Good placement of the Avalanche proc and the Overwhelming Force proc -- you'll get a group flop every time you use Radiation Therapy or Ground Zero.

I'm a huge proponent of the AoE powers in Radiation Armor.  I think I would look at moving the Superior Critical Strikes proc from Impale to Radiation Therapy -- you go from having about a 50% chance to proc on a single target in Impale every (?6-8 seconds) to an essentially guaranteed proc (with multiple targets) every 20-25 seconds.  I've a big fan of near guarantee activations.

My goto in Beta Decay nowadays is Achilles Heel proc, Siphon Insight proc and/or Analyze Weakness proc, and endurance reduction if necessary.  I know you have the AH proc in Ground Zero, but you'd be adding additional chances for it to go off it it were also in Beta Decay.  And the +to hit procs stack and help solve some of your -to hit debuff woes.

Any reason to not 6-slot Particle Shielding with the last Preventative Medicine?

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I think I would look at moving the Superior Critical Strikes proc from Impale to Radiation Therapy

I thought about doing this, but decided with Impale so that my proc chance didn't flounder against a single target.

Beta Decay

Would the 2 procs equal more of a chance to land a hit than slotting it for defense debuff? That's how I have it slotted now, for about -20% def on affected targets. I guess I could replace the lone -tohit IO.

Any reason to not 6-slot Particle Shielding with the last Preventative Medicine?

The global recharge bonus wasn't integral to the functionality of the build. I ended up needing that slot somewhere else more. Couldn't tell you where exactly at the moment.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

3 hours ago, arcane said:

For this many procs I prefer Tanks. But it’ll be fun either way.

I agree, but I felt like a scrapper would've been a fun challenge to make work. A Tank equivalent probably wouldn't need as many extra support clicks.

2 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I thought about doing this, but decided with Impale so that my proc chance didn't flounder against a single target.

Would the 2 procs equal more of a chance to land a hit than slotting it for defense debuff? That's how I have it slotted now, for about -20% def on affected targets. I guess I could replace the lone -tohit IO.

The global recharge bonus wasn't integral to the functionality of the build. I ended up needing that slot somewhere else more. Couldn't tell you where exactly at the moment.

1.  I think you have a better chance of proc even with one target in Radiation Therapy, but Impale is up a lot more often.  I can see both ways, although Critical Strikes activating at the same time Fury of the Gladiator proc activating is a good thing.

2.  I've seen the two procs get me +60 to hit, but that's not all the time, obviously!  I think that defense debuff would work well on a team (I mainly solo) but that +to hit would work better solo (since your +to hit will stay active as you jump to the next spawn or use a ranged attack on someone out of radius).  Again, I can see both ways.

3.  Nods, yup.  I chase global recharge like it owes me money, so I would probably use Panacea for 5 slots and Preventative Medicine for 6 slots.  Bonuses slightly better for the latter (and the proc of course).

I've tried to like Spines and it's very difficult for me.  I've got a Spines/Ice scrapper that I am pretty neutral on.  I skipped Ripper entirely because I can't stand the flipping animation.

Keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

1.  I think you have a better chance of proc even with one target in Radiation Therapy, but Impale is up a lot more often.  I can see both ways, although Critical Strikes activating at the same time Fury of the Gladiator proc activating is a good thing.

2.  I've seen the two procs get me +60 to hit, but that's not all the time, obviously!  I think that defense debuff would work well on a team (I mainly solo) but that +to hit would work better solo (since your +to hit will stay active as you jump to the next spawn or use a ranged attack on someone out of radius).  Again, I can see both ways.

3.  Nods, yup.  I chase global recharge like it owes me money, so I would probably use Panacea for 5 slots and Preventative Medicine for 6 slots.  Bonuses slightly better for the latter (and the proc of course).

I've tried to like Spines and it's very difficult for me.  I've got a Spines/Ice scrapper that I am pretty neutral on.  I skipped Ripper entirely because I can't stand the flipping animation.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the input. I'll do more testing to see if the bonus tohit is more reliable.

And I understand about wanting more recharge. I might mock something up that chases more, but in this particular instance I ended up liking Preventive Medicine's set bonuses more as Spines' animation times pretty much was making me wait to click stuff anyways. It balanced itself out in a way.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
Changed some wording

Did some more testing. I was able to find some small tweaks that really rounded out the whole thing.

Spoiler

death briar revised: Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(3), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(3), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Spine Burst -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Arm-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(40), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(40), ImpSwf-Dam%(40)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(5), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), TtnCtn-ResDam(9)
Level 8: Impale -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(15), Dcm-Build%(33), Apc-Dam%(34), TraoftheH-Dam%(34)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(27)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(17), ScrDrv-Dam%(17), ThfofEss-+End%(19), Erd-%Dam(19), Obl-%Dam(21)
Level 18: Quills -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(21), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- TchofLadG-DefDeb(A), SphIns-%ToHit(25), AnlWkn-%ToHit(27)
Level 26: Ripper -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(43), Obl-%Dam(43), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(31), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), TtnCtn-ResDam(31)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(46), ImpSwf-Dam%(46)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Erd-%Dam(36), Obl-%Dam(36), AchHee-ResDeb%(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), ShlBrk-%Dam(37)
Level 38: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), Rct-ResDam%(42), Rct-Def(42)
Level 47: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48), Mrc-Rcvry+(48), PwrTrns-EndMod(48)
Level 49: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(9), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(13)
------------

@Yomo Kimyata, I tried a few of your suggestions. Oddly enough, putting Critical Strikes in Radiation Therapy resulted in a DPS loss. I'm no math wizard, but waiting for the ~20-25 sec for Radiation Therapy to recharge and then fire just didn't give me the same kill power as having it in Impale does. It could just be all in my head, but it felt better to me.

I also changed the slotting for Beta Decay, using the 2 +tohit procs. My accuracy definitely doesn't get floored as fast, but RNG was also not being kind to me. I'll have you know I found myself soloing 5 +4 Death Mages and I only cried a little bit. Then I got an Arachnos radio with at least 2 Tarantula Mistresses in every mob and I only cried a little bit. Ok, maybe I did a medium amount of crying tonight.

I think the most flexibility I get is from my Alpha pick. Nerve Core is my choice for soloing. I rarely have to worry about missing with it, but I'd probably switch to Musculature in a team where I can be carried by buffs.

Thanks again for the input.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:36 AM, Spaghetti Betty said:

Did some more testing. I was able to find some small tweaks that really rounded out the whole thing.

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Profile:
Level 8: Impale -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(15), Dcm-Build%(33), Apc-Dam%(34), TraoftheH-Dam%(34)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(27)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- TchofLadG-DefDeb(A), SphIns-%ToHit(25), AnlWkn-%ToHit(27)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A)
------------

@Yomo Kimyata, I tried a few of your suggestions. Oddly enough, putting Critical Strikes in Radiation Therapy resulted in a DPS loss. I'm no math wizard, but waiting for the ~20-25 sec for Radiation Therapy to recharge and then fire just didn't give me the same kill power as having it in Impale does. It could just be all in my head, but it felt better to me.

I also changed the slotting for Beta Decay, using the 2 +tohit procs. My accuracy definitely doesn't get floored as fast, but RNG was also not being kind to me. I'll have you know I found myself soloing 5 +4 Death Mages and I only cried a little bit. Then I got an Arachnos radio with at least 2 Tarantula Mistresses in every mob and I only cried a little bit. Ok, maybe I did a medium amount of crying tonight.

I think the most flexibility I get is from my Alpha pick. Nerve Core is my choice for soloing. I rarely have to worry about missing with it, but I'd probably switch to Musculature in a team where I can be carried by buffs.

Thanks again for the input.

The easy solution is to have Focused Accuracy, then you're the one who makes them cry. That would also let you drop Nerve and go for Musculature which ought to be a net gain. Speaking of Diagmagnetic thingy is pretty worthless as well and needs to be tuned by the devs. Either go for the resist (which actually is useless, but the 75% medium DoT makes a difference) or the 75% chance for DoT Degenerative (best middle ground since it helps for regular gameplay and against AVs where neither the res or the -tohit incarnates has an effect on AVs).

The procs in Beta Decay are doing you no favors. Might as well have the slots as two +5 recharge in Build-Up so you can punch through more often. Regardless Decimation proc is valueless due to its abysmal 1 PPM, anything you slot in its place will be better IMO.

Consider the math on Swipe + Lunge in the time it takes to use Impale (my own ST rotation with Spines is Ripper, Swipe, Lunge, Swipe. Repeat). Since you have a lot of endurance with the Radiation Therapy spam those slots could be scrounged from Health and Stamina. Mids says that the new and improved Impale does 465 in 2.64 seconds. A slotted Barb Swipe and Lunge take 2.9 second to animate and do 379 + 239 = 618.

Check this slotting. More damage than the previous slotting (old Impale did 317, new does 465) but some endurance discount, (near) immune to  -tohit, bit more recharge, bit more resistances (lowered S/L resistances on purpose since Barrier will give 5% that can be perma), etc. If you're fighting +3 (or +4 while having at least T3 Alpha) you're are 93% chance to hit making the Kismet not needed (if you do fight actual +4 or +5 then keep the Kismet).

I sacrificed some of your S/L defenses since they were so low as to only matter statistically. It's pretty difficult to pursue them while going proc bomb in any case.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(5), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(5), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Spine Burst -- HO:Nucle(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Arm-Dam%(9), Erd-%Dam(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(11), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(11)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam(15)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 8: Impale -- HO:Nucle(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(17), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(19), Apc-Dam%(19), TraoftheH-Dam%(21)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 14: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), AdjTrg-Rchg(21), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(23), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(23)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(25), ScrDrv-Dam%(25), ThfofEss-+End%(27), Erd-%Dam(27), Obl-%Dam(29)
Level 18: Quills -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(29), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- TchofLadG-DefDeb(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Ripper -- HO:Nucle(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Erd-%Dam(33), Obl-%Dam(33), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(34), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- HO:Nucle(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(40), ImpSwf-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Erd-%Dam(42), Obl-%Dam(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(45)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), Rct-ResDam%(46), Rct-Def(46)
Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(46), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(47), AdjTrg-ToHit(47), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(47)
Level 47: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(48), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(48)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
------------

The Swipe and Lunge build:

Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Barb Swipe -- HO:Nucle(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19), GldStr-%Dam(21)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(5), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(5), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Lunge -- HO:Nucle(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dam%(3), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(48), ImpSwf-Dam%(48), GldStr-%Dam(48)
Level 4: Spine Burst -- HO:Nucle(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Arm-Dam%(9), Erd-%Dam(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(11), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(11)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam(15)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 14: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), AdjTrg-Rchg(21), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(23), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(23)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(25), ScrDrv-Dam%(25), ThfofEss-+End%(27), Erd-%Dam(27), Obl-%Dam(29)
Level 18: Quills -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(29), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 26: Ripper -- HO:Nucle(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Erd-%Dam(33), Obl-%Dam(33), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(34), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- HO:Nucle(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(40), ImpSwf-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Erd-%Dam(42), Obl-%Dam(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(45)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), Rct-ResDam%(46), Rct-Def(46)
Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(46), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(47), AdjTrg-ToHit(47), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(47)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

The easy solution is to have Focused Accuracy, then you're the one who makes them cry. That would also let you drop Nerve and go for Musculature which ought to be a net gain. Speaking of Diagmagnetic thingy is pretty worthless as well and needs to be tuned by the devs. Either go for the resist (which actually is useless, but the 75% medium DoT makes a difference) or the 75% chance for DoT Degenerative (best middle ground since it helps for regular gameplay and against AVs where neither the res or the -tohit incarnates has an effect on AVs).

The procs in Beta Decay are doing you no favors. Might as well have the slots as two +5 recharge in Build-Up so you can punch through more often. Regardless Decimation proc is valueless due to its abysmal 1 PPM, anything you slot in its place will be better IMO.

Consider the math on Swipe + Lunge in the time it takes to use Impale (my own ST rotation with Spines is Ripper, Swipe, Lunge, Swipe. Repeat). Since you have a lot of endurance with the Radiation Therapy spam those slots could be scrounged from Health and Stamina. Mids says that the new and improved Impale does 465 in 2.64 seconds. A slotted Barb Swipe and Lunge take 2.9 second to animate and do 379 + 239 = 618.

Check this slotting. More damage than the previous slotting (old Impale did 317, new does 465) but some endurance discount, (near) immune to  -tohit, bit more recharge, bit more resistances (lowered S/L resistances on purpose since Barrier will give 5% that can be perma), etc. If you're fighting +3 (or +4 while having at least T3 Alpha) you're are 93% chance to hit making the Kismet not needed (if you do fight actual +4 or +5 then keep the Kismet).

I sacrificed some of your S/L defenses since they were so low as to only matter statistically. It's pretty difficult to pursue them while going proc bomb in any case.

Hide contents

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 2: Spine Burst -- HO:Nucle(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Arm-Dam%(9), Erd-%Dam(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(11), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(11)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam(15)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 8: Impale -- HO:Nucle(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(17), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(19), Apc-Dam%(19), TraoftheH-Dam%(21)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(48), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(48)
------------

The Swipe and Lunge build:

Hide contents

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Barb Swipe -- HO:Nucle(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19), GldStr-%Dam(21)
Level 2: Lunge -- HO:Nucle(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dam%(3), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(48), ImpSwf-Dam%(48), GldStr-%Dam(48)
Level 4: Spine Burst -- HO:Nucle(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Arm-Dam%(9), Erd-%Dam(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(11), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(11)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), TtnCtn-ResDam(15)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

Thanks for your suggestions. I skimmed the 2 builds, but I'll have to wait until I'm at my desk to really take a look at them.

I did consider Focused Accuracy, but found Hibernate as a good fall back plan when things started getting really crucial. If it does help make things deader, I'll make the switch.

As far as Impale goes, I'm biased because I like the way it looks, so that's on me. But I will give the swipe-lunge build a test drive just to see how it sizes up.

I'll come back with a progress report in a few days (hopefully).

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, @Sovera, I finally got around to trying out those 2 builds.

The first build with Impale I am a huge fan of. It's pretty much better in every aspect than the one I started. Focused Accuracy was a huge boon and allowed me to stomp +4 Arachnos with ease. I did notice there was 1 slot left over, so I decided to slot an Achilles' Heel proc in Beta Decay as a low committal option. I never once felt like I might've needed to replace it with a slot for Kismet so I think it'll stay there. I was rarely ever in danger, and I only took a loss against some Carnies mostly due to unfortunate circumstances. Overall, very satisfied with this one.

The second build, with swipe and lunge, was great as well, but I did end up having a wildly different experience with this one. Firstly, Critical Strikes wasn't slotted anywhere. I'm assuming that was just an oversight. I ended up testing a few places for it. Radiation Therapy, Throw Spines, and Lunge. It was the most consistent with Rad Therapy, but once again I was running into the problem where I preferred the smooth damage from having the proc in Impale over the spiky damage that having it in Rad Therapy seems to provide. If you had a recommendation for where to place it in this build, please let me know and I'll give that a try.

I don't want this to turn into an essay on Impale of all things. In terms of raw DPS, Barb Swipe and Lunge are better by a slight margin, however Impale does check a lot of boxes that I just personally look for. It's recharge is in that sweet spot where you can fit procs in it and still keep it as part of a rotation without thinking about the rotation itself too much. It looks like a meaty attack (this one is extra important!). Oh, and I can tab-target then hit 1 to figure out where my target is since I'm really lazy.

Either way, I'm more than likely gonna use your Impale build moving forward. It is a beast! Much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1