That Combo That Makes You Feel Special

Crowcus Pocus

2 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I was getting 1:10-19. I think the average was like 1:11 or something.

Nice. Think I sit @1:30 with fu-focus-swipe-repeat on my claws/bio but just as with BZB, it ain't clean without ageless. Not even sure I ever tested with ageless.

14 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Nice. Think I sit @1:30 with fu-focus-swipe-repeat on my claws/bio but just as with BZB, it ain't clean without ageless. Not even sure I ever tested with ageless.

Correction.

FU-FOCUS-SNIPE-SLASH-FU-FOCUS-SLASH-SHOCK

I got to admit, I really like Shockwave even in the ST rotation. The KB-KD proc in it is just so much fun, and the fact I can put in the -RES proc is just aces. And the base damage/cast is super similar to Strike.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

I was getting 1:10-19. I think the average was like 1:11 or something.

Last one from me since I don't wanna turn this into a pylon thread, lol.

My energy's average is about 1:20ish, but I do occasionally get sub 1:05 kills when the stars align with BS>tf>Et>bs>snipe>ET* (if double focus). I think a lot of people don't game the ATO to it's fullest potential on energy scrappers in that thread.

I also think overall that for energy, aside from pylon shenanigans, that rad is a better pairing for it, after having messed around with bio. Either way, claw/bio and energy/rad are some top shelf characters to mess around on. Even without procs. Can't go wrong with either, they're both god tier.

Edited by ScarySai

3 hours ago, ScarySai said:

Last one from me since I don't wanna turn this into a pylon thread, lol.

My energy's average is about 1:20ish, but I do occasionally get sub 1:05 kills when the stars align with BS>tf>Et>bs>snipe>ET* (if double focus). I think a lot of people don't game the ATO to it's fullest potential on energy scrappers in that thread.

I also think overall that for energy, aside from pylon shenanigans, that rad is a better pairing for it, after having messed around with bio. Either way, claw/bio and energy/rad are some top shelf characters to mess around on. Even without procs. Can't go wrong with either, they're both god tier.

Right? EM does some wild stuff when the RNG god's smile at it. It does get straight silly. I personally never figured out a way to get anything worthwhile out of EM proccing it out, which is nice in a way. I can build straight through and it gets a lot simpler. Other sets like Kat, Claws, DB, or BS? Different story. I suspect that may have to do with those sets primary type of damage for how they benefit so much from procs.

I don't think there is a "best" pairing for anything. Best is (and I truly believe this) what you have the most fun with. I personally just *really* like EM/RAD, even if I think the best pairing for it is ENA. But I think the best pairing for every set is with ENA 😛 I also used to think Bio was always the answer. And at another time Shield. Tastes change.

But my own personal answer to the thread title? My WM/SD scrapper. The costume/name is why. My EM/RAD is REALLY close though. And for the same reason.

Edited by SomeGuy

I love my Em/Inv scrapper as well.

He's neck and neck with my Kat/SR for fun..

For durability I have to give the nod to my Kat/SR scrapper. The most versatile and tough character I've made, if solely because he barely ever gets debuffed. My /Inv is super tough, but group -def debuffs, end drains, and psionics make him work - whereas my /SR ignores thar. I'm not sure I've ever been 2 shot on my /SR unless it was off in the distant past and I wasn't paying attention. I don't even worry when I see orange cuz he just gets tougher.

Scrap:  DB/WP, because I made him immediately after those two powersets were released on Live.  Hella fun on only SOs, back in the day.  Remade him on Homecoming and nearly unkillable now completely kitted out.

Non Scrap:  Rad/Rad defender on Live...highly sought after for AV debuffing.  You know, back when team mix/teamwork mattered 🤣  Remade him on HC, but not needed much.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 2 weeks later

So, I've got to add a new one here.

My new Staff/Willpower scrapper is more fun than she has any possible right to be.  Yeah, Staff's single target damage is kinda really poor, but when I'm playing her?  I don't care about that.  Yeah, Staff's AoE is no match for my Claws/SR... and I don't care about that, either.

Staff just feels completely awesome to play.  It's the beautiful animations, plus the two cones with the same arc and range so they work together beautifully, plus the huge AoE in Eye of the Storm (I have Critical Strikes in Guarded Spin and run Guarded Spin -> Innocuous -> Guarded Spin -> Eye of the Storm for AoE, and there is just something glorious about proc'ing Critical Strikes on that second Guarded Spin and then critting half the neighborhood with Eye of the Storm.  No, my Staff scrapper is not going to win any DPS contests (especially in single target), but she's so freaking much fun to play.

Plus, while her offense is not the best, she is proving to be vastly tougher than I ever expected.  At level 40 I started running +0x8 missions.  My other scrappers haven't gone to x8 until they hit 50, typically, but anything less just seems too easy for this one.

I made this character last week and got level 41 tonight, and that's doing everything solo via contacts and story arcs, and in spite of spending at least enough time on every single one of my 30+ characters to use all their patrol experience over the weekend.

Edited by Stormwalker
Corrected failure at English
  • Like 1