Fire/Fire/Fire Sentinel AoE Farmer?

Bojutsu

I know Spines/Fire Brutes and Tanks seem to be the king of AoE farming, but what about the Fire/Fire/Fire Sentinel? 

It seems to have more AoE potential, and with the damage resistance provided by Fiery Aura, maybe you could survive well enough in melee range for it to work as an AoE farmer...

- Fire Ball, Fire Breath, Rain of Fire and Inferno from Fire Blast

- Burn from Fiery Aura

- Fire Cages from Fire Mastery would work well with Burn

- Fire Mastery also gives you Fire Sword Circle

I know the survivability is good with Sentinels, but still probably not good enough to do what Spines/Fire Tanks/Brutes can do when it comes to AoE farming. I still wonder how effective it could be. 

Thanks.

And no taunt to keep baddies in AoE's like Rain of Fire and Burn and Sentinel's AoE caps are painfully low (except, for some reason Water blast).

I say this as someone who loves playing Sentinel's.. they really aren't great at farming.

Soloing content, yes, but not farming in any meaningful way.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I S/L farm with my dp/Sr sent. The keys to that being AOE, rebirth, master brawler and the epic caltrops. 

Plus cryo ammo adds range. I'm a 'stand in a spot and aggro everything in range' farmer. 

That said, it is slower than a brute, but what isn't?

Edited by BazookaTwo

• 4 weeks later
5 hours ago, carroto said:

75% is fine as long as you're softcapped and have a heal.  Not as good as 90% of course, but you won't faceplant unless you just walk away for a while to make a sandwich while surrounded by mobs.

To paraphrase @Bill Z Bubba - "Any time clicking heals is time not killing."

75% vs 90% resist is HUGE in the massed damage that is farming. While it is possible to farm with such limitations, it will be SLOWER than alternatives.

• Like 1

Death is the best debuff.

5 hours ago, carroto said:

No argument here but presumably if someone wants to farm with a Sentinel maximum speed is not the priority.  I've farmed with a Kin Corruptor with only 75% resist and I wasn't constantly healing but I did have to of course.

OP questioned the effectiveness. I gave the simplest and shortest summation of the effectiveness difference on a non-Tank/Brute farming vs a Tank/Brute farming. Never said impossible, never said useless.

Literally stated the difference in Resists would be the biggest issue. Didn't get into the issues of target caps nor damage scalars, both also hold Sentinels back in mass combat.

Death is the best debuff.

What your looking for isn’t fire/fire.

What your looking for is Water/Fire.

Water on Sent has a higher target cap and with whirlpool and burn you have two ground aoe’s and a nuke that hits more targets  than other sent. On top of that you can take elec aura in epic pool and get a trippy looking build. 

This is not a leveling build the combo is horrible until you get melee hybrid incarnate.  Once you get hybrid it gives you the little bit of taunt aura or whatever to over come the fear enduced by burn and whirlpool. This combo needs to be power leveled to end for it to come together strongly recommend test server to see if you like it.

So if you want a super cool looking Hallucinogenic  rainbow of colors and aura build. That can farm different and be unique it’s this combo.  In the damage department it’s a 7/10 but in the aoe department for sent its one of the top options.

Just to be clear with sent cap at 6 for most builds most of the top damage sent builds are locked behind 6 targets. So don’t expect this to be meta because it is definitely not but can you farm yea is it practical not really.  Is it one of the most over the top aura flashy builds in game definitely top 10 and you will probably never see another you and a lot of peeps will show you love.

Last there’s a reason why Rad and spine melee mixed with fire armor is farm meta thats because it is just better than everything. You can get some builds within a min or 2 of meta times and there are other builds that can run farms at a slower pace. Sent are not handicapped  in surviving a farm there handicapped by a smaller aoe capped at 6 targets compared to other AT. Because of that  no Sent build will be efficient . You can do it ya but it will never be close to a brute or tank time.  May not even be as close to other AT either not because of damage but target cap which mean sometimes you have to do double the damage to kill the same 12 targets a tank could kill in one go.

Edited by Ironscarlet
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later
On 7/14/2022 at 8:23 AM, Ironscarlet said:

What your looking for isn’t fire/fire.

What your looking for is Water/Fire.

Water on Sent has a higher target cap and with whirlpool and burn you have two ground aoe’s and a nuke that hits more targets  than other sent. On top of that you can take elec aura in epic pool and get a trippy looking build. 

This is not a leveling build the combo is horrible until you get melee hybrid incarnate.  Once you get hybrid it gives you the little bit of taunt aura or whatever to over come the fear enduced by burn and whirlpool. This combo needs to be power leveled to end for it to come together strongly recommend test server to see if you like it.

So if you want a super cool looking Hallucinogenic  rainbow of colors and aura build. That can farm different and be unique it’s this combo.  In the damage department it’s a 7/10 but in the aoe department for sent its one of the top options.

Just to be clear with sent cap at 6 for most builds most of the top damage sent builds are locked behind 6 targets. So don’t expect this to be meta because it is definitely not but can you farm yea is it practical not really.  Is it one of the most over the top aura flashy builds in game definitely top 10 and you will probably never see another you and a lot of peeps will show you love.

Last there’s a reason why Rad and spine melee mixed with fire armor is farm meta thats because it is just better than everything. You can get some builds within a min or 2 of meta times and there are other builds that can run farms at a slower pace. Sent are not handicapped  in surviving a farm there handicapped by a smaller aoe capped at 6 targets compared to other AT. Because of that  no Sent build will be efficient . You can do it ya but it will never be close to a brute or tank time.  May not even be as close to other AT either not because of damage but target cap which mean sometimes you have to do double the damage to kill the same 12 targets a tank could kill in one go.

Do you have a build for this? Sounds awesome!