Enhancement question

OrangeSoda2

Had a quick question. forgive me if wrong area. 

I had some conflicting info given to me regarding attuned vs regular enhancements. 

let’s say for example the luck of the gambler set. 

had someone tell me need to attune at least the proc to be effective all levels which i get.  however have also heard if i have say 4 LotG in a power and only the proc is attuned. i will not get the full bonus of “4” unless all are attuned or all are regular.  Any truth to that?

also wondering if attuning all 4 vs boosting all +5 would be worth it (this applies to the rest of every set as well).  thank you in advance. 

17 minutes ago, OrangeSoda2 said:

Had a quick question. forgive me if wrong area. 

I had some conflicting info given to me regarding attuned vs regular enhancements. 

let’s say for example the luck of the gambler set. 

had someone tell me need to attune at least the proc to be effective all levels which i get.  however have also heard if i have say 4 LotG in a power and only the proc is attuned. i will not get the full bonus of “4” unless all are attuned or all are regular.  Any truth to that?

also wondering if attuning all 4 vs boosting all +5 would be worth it (this applies to the rest of every set as well).  thank you in advance. 

Attuned enhancements mean you will be able to keep your set bonuses as long as you don't exemplar more than 3 levels below the lowest level of the enhancement set. In the case of LotG, they go from level 25-50, so as long as you remain level 22 or more, the attuned LotG enhancement will be valid for counting towards set bonuses.

Crafted enhancements can be boosted, however they are fixed in level. If you have a Level 50 LotG, that enhancement will only be valid for counting towards set bonuses if you are level 47 or higher. If you have a level 30 LotG enhancement, it will be valid for counting towards set bonuses if you are level 27 or higher.

The LotG +Recharge enhancement is treated as a special set bonus, so it follows the same exemplar rules. If you have a level 50 LotG +Recharge enhancement, you will lose the 7.5% recharge if you exemplar lower than level 47. This is why folks say to always attune this enhancement.

As for a mix, let's say you attune two LotGs, have a level 40 LotG and a Level 50 LotG. If you are level 47 or higher, you get the 4-piece set bonus (and the 2 and 3 piece, obviously) because all 4 enhancements are valid. If you exemplar below level 47 (say, level 40), then only 3 of your enhancements are still valid (2 attuned and the lvl 40), so you only get the 3-piece bonus. Exemplar lower (say to level 35) you will only have the 2 attuned enhancements as valid and you'll get only the 2 piece set bonus.

Edited by Bopper
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Oh, side thing I'm not seeing in that description.

2 hours ago, OrangeSoda2 said:

This, to me, sounds like someone was thinking of ATOs / Winter-os. You can use attuned and non-attuned together just fine, as long as everything's in range - you'll get the set bonuses.

Where that breaks are the few special sets that, instead of just being able to be used over a full range by being attuned, turn into "superior" versions of themselves (the name itself changes.)  For instance, a blaster ATO - Blaster's Wrath. If you look on the market, there's Blaster's Wrath and Superior Blaster's Wrath. The Superior - which is a regular one which has had a catalyst applied to it - can only be slotted/catalyzed at 50. It has superior (heh) values and the set bonuses are also higher - *however,* for the purposes of slotting, the regular and Superior versions are treated as he "same" set, while the set bonus values consider themselves separate sets (so, no, you can't have the set's - say - acc/dam, and the superior set's acc/dam, slotted at the same time.)

If it doesn't turn into a "superior" version of itself? Say, for instance, you have Performance Shifter's +Chance for Endurance at level 21 (normal) and a catalyzed Endmod? They'll still work together just fine for set bonuses, even though one's normal and one's attuned.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

One subtle point about the Luck of the Gambler Global +Recharge piece: it also enhances defense, so it can be boosted and provide extra value. Most folks don't recommend it, because they notice the loss of +Recharge much more than than notice the loss of the extra Defense (in content below lvl 47). I expect the general recommendation to use an attuned LotG +Recharge piece is ingrained in most of us by now.