Ice Melee, Frozen Aura

Bojutsu

Hello. I recently created an Ice Blaster and an Ice Melee Stalker. 

Is it just me or does Ice Melee seem a little lacking in damage? Although I know it has other benefits such as slow, -recharge, kd.

Also,  does Frozen Aura seem like a lame t9 power?

Thanks

Ice Melee has an awesomely damaging power in Frozen Touch, but non-Stalker versions of it lack another compelling single target attack.  Obviously, stalkers get the always reliable assassin's strike.

Frost and frozen aura are great area attacks.

I soloed around twenty AVs and GMs with an Ice/Bio stalker.  They do good damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ice Melee has similarities to Super Strength. Lots of lackluster powers, but you can get everything you need in 3 powers. Frost, Freezing Touch and Frozen Aura are all very strong (especially on tank, as the AoE is buffed for frost and frozen aura). Although that may sound like a bad thing (where you likely skip 3+ powers in the set), but it's a blessing in the sense you are able to chase other things you may not afford to with other sets. For example, maybe you get cross punch and/or a T5 origin power. Or maybe an extra epic attack. The low power tax of the set helps make it good

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

15 hours ago, Bojutsu said:

Hello. I recently created an Ice Blaster and an Ice Melee Stalker. 

Is it just me or does Ice Melee seem a little lacking in damage? Although I know it has other benefits such as slow, -recharge, kd.

Also,  does Frozen Aura seem like a lame t9 power?

Thanks

My Ice/Regen Stalker says nope. Granted, I run with Ice Sword, Assassin's Strike (Why is this not "Spear" to go with the Ice theme HC devs?!), Frozen Touch and Frozen Aura.
Then Build Up, Placate, and Ice Patch - but none of those are direct damage.
Hate cones, never took Frost, never felt the lack.

As I was leveling, I had Frozen Fists for better attack chains, but with IO's I managed to pare it out.

Death is the best debuff.

My stalker's ST attacks were pretty much Frozen Touch, Assassin's Ice Sword, and Moonbeam with occasional Ice Sword (but ideally its place in the rotation was eaten by Build Up or my Bio clickies).  Frozen Fists is hot garbage, Ice Sword is mediocre, Greater Ice Sword (for non-Stalkers) is mediocre.  The set does have a problem with ST attacks, especially if you aren't really hammering global recharge hard.

Frost takes Range enhancements, so you can make its area quite large by slotting a couple of damage/range enhancements in there.

• 2 weeks later