Numina = Worst TF

Akalabeth

2 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Synapse says hello.

Justin Augustine enters the ring.

Synapse is Devs gift to lower levels. A player can pick up four to five levels in that boring-ass Taskforce, although, grabbing double XP is a must.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

5 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Synapse is Devs gift to lower levels. A player can pick up four to five levels in that boring-ass Taskforce, although, grabbing double XP is a must.

Torchbearer hosted a Synapse last night that finished in EXACTLY 1:30:00, which was the time goal set. We got both a "mission succeeded" end-of-arc panel, AND a "mission failed" message when leaving the last mission map.

• Haha 3

I run the numina hunt in that manner because it works, one person to a zone with the person who finishes hopping ahead to a new zone as theyre dont until you hit the CG Indy port TV phase of the hunt where everyone when done collapses on Talos of Founders

its quick efficient and works

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

On 7/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

Numina's  +  Rikti Invasion ... oh &%#@$%  (or is that still a thing?)

Otherwise I'm good with the tour hunts.

Not a thing anymore. That wait was painful.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, tidge said:

Torchbearer hosted a Synapse last night that finished in EXACTLY 1:30:00, which was the time goal set. We got both a "mission succeeded" end-of-arc panel, AND a "mission failed" message when leaving the last mission map.

There ought to be a badge for that.

The TFs are all pretty stale at this point. It would be asking a lot but I think one of the coolest things you could do with COH is revamp the Freedom Phalanx TFs. I always thought it would have made more sense to have TFs where the end villain were Recluse Generals. The end boss of Synapse should be Scirocco etc. Have them tie into a larger story that culminates with Ms Liberty TF when you see them all again

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I’ll just say my issue with the Numina task force is that the story just seems so freaking disorganized, like the live devs had no idea what they wanted it to be about until the last few missions, especially since the whole thing starts with Numina just saying she had a vague feeling of unease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

I’ll just say my issue with the Numina task force is that the story just seems so freaking disorganized, like the live devs had no idea what they wanted it to be about until the last few missions, especially since the whole thing starts with Numina just saying she had a vague feeling of unease.

Like a great many contacts in the game, Numina is there primarily to try and railroad you into pointless tours of Paragon City.  If she were half as good a psychic as the lore shills her, the street-hunt phase of the TF would not exist - she'd know where to send you.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:43 PM, tidge said:

Aside from the ambush in Perez Park, any member of the team should have no problem with defeating 10 "native level" CoT. A petless mastermind could do it with a couple of applications of Plasmatic Taser.

Frankly, the only time I ever saw a PUGmate "camp" in either Talos or FF, that player explicitly said they needed to level up and opted to do it there. While I may miss their help, this isn't a TF that is worth having the entire team move together from zone-to-zone. I can remember this happening only three times. I have two very minor points of irritation with Numina TF (in the revamped Paragon City):

• Revamped Zones (Boomtown, Faultline) need players who know where to go in the zone to find those targets. Vahz in Faultline are slightly more scattered, but the Council Base should make the Boomtown leg VERY fast. I think I was on at least one PUG where a Super-Speeder went to Terra Volta and (literally) got in over his head when hunting Sky Raiders... because of Zone geography and typical spawn points.
  • Crey's Folly target of Freakshow can be slow if the non-DPS PUGmates go there. The nearest (to SG Portal) reliable group of Freaks are close to even level with the TF, and with the resists, Health and healing... let's just say this is the leg that I often see turn into a slog.

It is exceedingly rare that I'm on a PUG where an individual player calls out a zone and then doesn't know where to find the targets. Earlier in Homecoming, I used to see this sort of problem in Atlas Park (Clockwork)... In my mind I guessed this was because so many people "DfB" out of Atlas Park and may never come across them, but for a long time now if I'm not the first one in Atlas Park the PUGmate who beat me there knows where to find them.

Personally: I quite enjoy the spiraling "grand tour" aspect of the Numina TF.

Well Atlas depends in which Phase you are, mobs have different places then.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

On 7/7/2022 at 3:32 AM, Akalabeth said:

I hate being one of the few that go to most zones while people sit back and likely "pack a bowl" or whatever th they do.

I really don't believe it's faster to have 1 person to a zone.  How could it be?  If one person is 8 zones away that's not doing anything compared to helping an earlier zone?  I don't get that line of thinking.

Also... I'm sorry to the group I was in earlier.  I wanted to see what it would be like if I hung at the farthest one someone called which was Talos and I feel like garbage for doing it. 😞  With the amount of different teleports and base locations available there's not really any excuse to sit back and do nothing. 😞 

Sorry for everything. 😞 

My hatred of the Numi TF drove me to always do the Ghost Widow when I did patron, just to kill Numi.

But now I'm kinda over my Numi hate, killed her enough times...

Poor Black Scorpion

As I recall, originally the game stopped at 40 and Numina's was the final Task Force of the game.  The hunt portion had some significance in that you were revisiting all the zones and enemy groups in the game that had taken you a several weeks of sweat and tears to work through now culminating in this ultimate encounter deep within the most wild and dangerous zone in the game.  Today it's a meaningless mind numbing exercise like trying to speed run a grocery store with 8 friends.  Welcome to the results of Power Creep.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 7/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, cranebump said:

I would run Numina 10 times in a row if it would replace both Synapse and Cit.

people hate on synapse but at least the maps are nice 

citadel is definitely the worse. part of me dies everytime i run it

Edited by MoonSheep

18 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

people hate on synapse but at least the maps are nice 

citadel is definitely the worse. part of me dies everytime i run it

Having soloed all six TF's for TFC this weekend, I deffinitely have to agree.  Citadel is basically "Run the same mission 10 times.  Except some of them you don't have to defeat all."

• Like 1