More 24-48 man "raids"

I wish that there were more interesting multiple team threats on CoH than just Hami and MSRs. I like events that bring multiple people together and I think adding a significant rewarding multi-team experience besides the very over-done ones would spice up things for some variety. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, there's also the itrials for multi-team content.

I don't know how much work goes into designing those - we *do* only have two "raids," per se. I don't think I'd want to see a *lot* of them added, or just thrown in willy nilly, but something different could be interesting.

Of the two, I rather like the MSR just from being the capstone (somewhat) to a set of story arcs, or at least related. A setup like that, I enjoy. (Plus it's a social spot with people BSing for a while.) Hami is ... ok, but it's just sort of *there,* by comparison.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

3 hours ago, kelika2 said:

time to buff giant monsters and their rewards

what about a Coralax zone GM event that summons waves of coralax from all surrounding waters in the zone to defend it each time it reaches 75/50/25% health. progressively more numerous each time. wave of luts/bosses then EBs 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kelika2 said:

time to buff giant monsters and their rewards

I've suggested in the past about randomly super sizing Giant Monsters to like Hamidon size and buffing them so so they have more attacks, ho/resistance/defense etc, and give bonus rewards/supersized badges for their defeats.

Imagine a Babbage *100'd that's actually a threat.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I've suggested in the past about randomly super sizing Giant Monsters to like Hamidon size and buffing them so so they have more attacks, ho/resistance/defense etc, and give bonus rewards/supersized badges for their defeats.

Imagine a Babbage *100'd that's actually a threat.

Randomly powering up Babbage would be rather an upleasant surprise to drop on some poor Synapse TF team. 😛

GM's that aren't triggered by story arc or TF, though, could be interesting.

1 minute ago, Stormwalker said:

Randomly powering up Babbage would be rather an upleasant surprise to drop on some poor Synapse TF team. 😛

GM's that aren't triggered by story arc or TF, though, could be interesting.

There's the real Babbage that spawns in Boomtown that's not part of the TF.

18 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

what about a Coralax zone GM event that summons waves of coralax from all surrounding waters in the zone to defend it each time it reaches 75/50/25% health. progressively more numerous each time. wave of luts/bosses then EBs 

Dig it! Really like this idea. I have always liked the Coralax faction and feel they need some more identity! I also think that Coralax spawns in Talos and / or IP would be a good idea.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:42 PM, Greycat said:

Hami is ... ok, but it's just sort of *there,* by comparison.

Part of that is because it's over in like three minutes or so.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I'd love to see more league-intended content, though in a matter of instanced (i.e itrials and Cathedral of Pain) vs non-instanced (Hamidon, MSR even if MSR has an instanced version) I think both should be a capstone of a Page/Issue. More iTrials would be great.

• Like 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble