Detective dismissing and getting a new one

SuggestorK

1st to say i am thankfull that we have this option at all, but the current mechanic although its basically working as intended i consider it buggy.

Supposedly u go to detective u dont like.. dismiss him and rezone to get a new one.

So far the mechanic is working as intended but here comes the broken part... it is RANDOM which one u get after rezoning.

I had 4 Times in a row getting the damn by mostly not wanted Becktrees in Kings Row just now.

4 Times going forth and back to pocket d (that is the closest rezoning point in kings) to get finally the wanted Freitag one.

That way its just an lame and annyoing function, if the mechanic cant basically be fully chaned.. can it at least be fixed to not give the same detective again which u just dismissed? Or if it cant changed at all.. give us at least a rezoning point straight at police stations.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

It only works because the game assigns a random one if you dont have any when coming to the zone.  Considering what we had before (nothing) and that we only got this because it took 20ish minutes of work,  im content with its less than perfect functionality.

9 hours ago, Vanden said:

Until it gets changed to be more convenient, I'd suggest logging out next to the indoor detective and logging back in again until you get the other one. Takes less time than zoning and returning for every attempt.

didnt know that would work... okay doing it that way next time. Thanks 🙂

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

20 hours ago, Vanden said:

Until it gets changed to be more convenient, I'd suggest logging out next to the indoor detective and logging back in again until you get the other one. Takes less time than zoning and returning for every attempt.

Well, except for the minor inconvenience that -- for some unknown reason -- the police stations aren't counting as 'safe' areas for logging out, so you can have the full logout countdown each time (instead of the immediate logout you get in a tailor, store, hospital, tram station, AE building, etc.).

Edited by srmalloy

1 hour ago, Cinnder said:

Just for my own edification, is there some functional reason why someone would want a specific detective?  Or is this for RP reasons?

its just for convienience... some detectives are bad placed.... the worst example is just kings row... while detective Friday is super easy accessible at door of police station, for becktrees you not only have to go inside but even navigate through it to backside... nearly close to other end of it.. yes it only a few yards.. but still.

Former Player on Server:

• 5 months later

and new record.. had to do 7 times dismissing/relogging for my blaster to get the right detective

Former Player on Server: