Stone/Stone Granite God

Reningrendir

Hello everyone 😄

I want to show you all the best build I have made to date! This is me reaching the upper limits of my build crafting knowledge to get the heartiest tank for those like me who enjoy looking cool and getting hit. 

For starters, this build's only weakness like all granite guys is psionic and movement speed. I did my best to get the psionic resist as high as possible and managed to hit 55.7% and slotted for movement speed where possible. The tank should go at a pretty good speed even for granite. The rest of the defenses and resists are over capped as they should be. The biggest strength of this build is that I managed to get perma haste in without making any sacrifices elsewhere. I honestly didn't think it was possible, but I actually did it and I am genuinely shocked. I know it looks really, really goofy seeing 6 42% recharges in there bit it just works and that's all I can say about that. One thing I will say is up for debate is the use of the support hybrid incarnate. I figured my damage is so low that it wouldn't really be worth giving myself damage and my defense/resist is sufficient so I thought it would be good to give my teammates an all-around buff to help take their damage, healing and defense up a bit.

I want to have this be the best build possible so if anyone takes a look at it and sees something I didn't I would absolutely appreciate the criticism so that we can work as a community to produce the best tanks possible for the new hard content coming out. 

If anyone wants to take this build and run with it, I only ask that you leave feedback for something you want to see in future updates to this build or something good for me to keep in other builds I make in the future.

Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoy sampling, analyzing and or playing with my build. It's an honor to contribute to a community as great as this one.

The Mad Geologist.mxd

• Like 1

Not sure if serious with the six slotted Hasten. It's not perma either but at 143 seconds though using Ageless may be enough to shave enough for it to almost be.

Are you intending to be in granite armor 100% of the time? Gameplay wise there is no reason for that since Stone Armor doesn't need Granite (objectively makes the set weaker when used, both defense and offense). For example, no real need for shoring psi resist when without granite you can be at 45% psi defense.

But if it's for theme then okay.

You didn't slot your Might of the Tanker? It gives nearly 20% resists to all. Wait, no, I see you've put the proc in Fault. Why in Fault though? It has horrendous accuracy and recharges so slowly you'll never have more than one stack. You're not going to be using it against a single enemy.

Seismic Smash is your best attack and you've not slotted it for damage?

There is no need for -KB IOs for Stone Armor.

No need to keep Tought toggled on either.

I did some tweaks but did not go into it as deep as it could (should) still assuming you want to be in Granite Form 100% of the time. Keep in mind you're trading +endurance from Crystal Armor, +recharge and (at least) 45% defense to psi from Minerals, a damage boost from Brimstone, all of that for -damage, -recharge, -movement speed, but +resists and +DDR of being in Granite 100% of the time.

It's a choice.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

The Mad Geologist: Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Stone Melee
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Stone Fist -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dam%(3), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(5), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Stone Skin -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(17)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(47), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Absorb%(48)
Level 6: Mud Pots -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(23)
Level 8: Rooted -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(23), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(50)
Level 10: Kick -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 12: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(25)
Level 14: Tough -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam(27), Ags-Psi/Status(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), GldArm-3defTpProc(29), ImpArm-ResPsi(31)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 18: Minerals -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Stone Mallet -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 24: Heavy Mallet -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(34), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(36), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), TchofDth-Dam%(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 26: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt(A)
Level 28: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(49)
Level 30: Fault -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(37), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 32: Granite Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40), Ags-ResDam(40), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(42), ImpArm-ResPsi(42)
Level 35: Tremor -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(46), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 44: Combat Teleport -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(49)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment
------------

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

The only reason you're seeing "Perma" is because of Ageless.
You could have near-perma (120.4) with ONE Recharge IO.
If you Enhancement Booster it to a single 50+5, it's ALSO perma.
Two just makes it CERTAIN.

So you can free up up to 5 slots.

Note that, to retain the Perma in Granite, you'd need to have 5x 50+5's.

Also, TURN OFF TOUGH IN GRANITE!
You're already over-cap in S/L (which is all Tough gives you).
Turning it off doesn't affect the specialty IOs (Psi Resist and +Def): and it cuts .30 End/sec out of your End spend.

You have SEVEN LOTG+Rech IOs.

Since you;re essentially ignoring ancillary armors in favor of Granite, change Weave and Granite (two big End hogs) to Def-Def/End-Def/End/Rech.

Convert Health to Numina's Unique, Miracle Unique and the Panacea Proc.

Yank the EndRed from Mud Pots and put a Zinger proc in there.  With the changes to Health, you've more than made up the loss of the EndRedux.
Maybe just change the +Acc to another proc.
Also, in Taunt, ZINGER PROC.  You should have NO problems collecting and keeping aggro.

The BOTZ knockback Resist is useless with Rooted in place.

Winter's Gift: Slow Resist
Warp Increased Perception

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

15 hours ago, Reningrendir said:

Thank you all for the advice, here is what I came up with after taking it all in.

100% granite armor FTW

Tanker - Stone Armor - Stone Melee 3.mxd 4.63 kB · 6 downloads

Also, don't mind the grumpy old people on here. They're outta line, but they're right. I think being ornery is a common trait in those who Tank (I know I have it).