Dark Armor is the worst

luxlorica

i made a dark/dark/dark on test and really enjoy it - it’s really survivable and i don’t find the endurance too bad now that it’s been slotted and has cardiac

end insps drop reasonably often too for a boost where needed

i’d say stick with it, nice to see variety

I have played a few Dark Armors. Like others have mentioned before it helps a lot to pair it with an END friendly primary like savage melee, and to not expect to run with all of your toggles on at all times, this is especially true while leveling up. Later on it gets easier if you take cardiac and/or ageless. But overall the set is a bit of a turnoff to me, because I dislike having to rely on incarnates to be functional or for a build to perform, there are also side-kicking issues as well. Dark Armor is beefy though to be sure, it just comes with a cost. My other issue is that there is sort of a power-bloat, particularly with the cloaks. The set is simple to build and play though, so there is that. More or less, its almost all toggles.

Dark is my absolute favourite armour. I get the three healing enhancements and touch of the no tus and never look back. It's the toughest thing in the game in my experience. At lvl 50...Fantastic resists a total heal with two targets every 10s or so. I usually get some control with it... So can stun or fear bosses with one attack (handclap is my favourite.. Bounce them as well) only thing to fear is end drain and DDR. 

The P2W recovery serums as stated above helps enormously. As also stated above  pairing with staff or savage is great as they remove all the end issues leaving you with just awesomeness 

I've taken a brute staff dark to 50 and had more fun than I expected. Not yet tried tanker (I tend not to repeat combinations) dark/martial arts is surprising good... I often Exemplar to 20 and she's great. Dark/SS has lots and lots of bad guys bouncing on their backsides around you. Dark /electric melee the same plus you get lightning rod... Dark/Titan weapons was... Too hard to do. Too much end... But maybe with the changes to TW its better now. Dark/claws is brutally effective... 

8 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

My dark tank got out-survived by an ice tank during a test we did with immortality lines amongst aggro cap's worth of Cimerorans. It was eye-opening since I have long held ice armor to be the absolute worse armor. And I built that dark tank for nothing but tanking.

Against Cimerorans? That explains it....Ice has like 51% DDR. Dark has 0%.

16 hours ago, Xandyr said:

Against Cimerorans? That explains it....Ice has like 51% DDR. Dark has 0%.

And resist is great, until the incoming damage is such that even 10% per hit eventually kills you.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present