Have They Ever Addressed Whether Companions Can Be Fixed?

Arnabas

Sister Valeria made me wonder about this again last night as I tried the new missions. It's certainly nothing new, but the habit of NPC companions to try and herd the entire map is really frustrating at times.

"Ooh, I think I'll attack this guy right beside me... once. Then I'll run into the next room and attack a few guys and bring them back here... Then I'll run away to attack that guy 500 yards away..."

Have they ever said if they are looking for a way to fix this, or do I just continue to let these bozos die before starting the mission without their "help?"

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Arnabas said:

Have they ever said if they are looking for a way to fix this, or do I just continue to let these bozos die before starting the mission without their "help?"

Well, critters beyond the aggro cap can use ranged attacks and Taunts no longer entice enemies to attack the Taunter, so NPC allies' gruesome suicides are all but guaranteed.  You could call that "fixed", if you look at it from certain perspectives.  Of course, you still have to wait a year or twenty for the last couple of enemies to return to the spawn point after they run away, which artificially keeps them alive, but many of them can be killed by AoEs going off near them before they're freed, so there aren't actually that many you ever have to deal with.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I occasionally solo with a stalker, and this is just the worst, yeah.  OTOH, that means I don't fear an alpha strike.  😃

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

So, one of my strategies has been to leave the allies behind ASAP. They try to follow, but give up and remain in position once they lose sight of you. 

In Penny Yin's arc, I'm to rescue Doc Delilah. She's right at the front of the map. So, I leave her there, un-rescued. I enter the building, complete the objective in there, and rescue Doc last. 

It all depends. Fusionette and I think it's Temblor in the Levantera arc, after you become a member of the Vanguard - I rescue Fusionette last, and before her, Temblor. 

The roughest for me is Provost Marchand's arc. The second or third mission has a number of allies that are somewhat durable when I run at 0/1, but if I'm on a brute or scrapper that runs at a higher difficulty, they end up taking a knee fairly quickly. I used to use team inspirations to keep them going, but it's damned tedious because they don't have a pet window to track their HP. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It all depends on the level of perception each NPC has. The higher their perception is set the more likely that are to run off and attack the next mob before you are ready. 

As was said above, I also tend to try to leave them behind as quickly as possible just to avoid the hassle. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

This is why I have never successfully completed Rescue Waylon McCrane. I'm more apt to just kill mobs until he dies. If he dies to AoEs while I'm trying to rescue him, even better.

It would be nice if we could issue commands to them like MM pets so we at least have some control over their safety.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!