So explain the whole extra Inf when turning off XP deal?

I turn on the No XP option quite often. Especially when Contact X won't give you the missions for Badge X if you're greater than level ##. Or when I'm ready to level to the next tier of Enhancements so I can have enough influence to equip the important powers.

I'm about to hit my first 50, and since I was told that if you turn off Xp, you get more inf, and more so if you exemplar, is that correct?  So what, I turn off Xp, and go do DFB for a couple hours to make my eyes bleed?

At 50 you're going to be working on your incarnate slots for a bit and will need exp for unlocking slots. You'll also be wanting to get all the other stuff for making the incarnate powers as well.  etc etc.

Then once you are good for that and have probably gotten around 75-100 veteran levels getting yourself set up to tier 4 in all 6 incarnates and set'd out properly. Then you're ready to turn xp off and be an influence farmer so to speak :P.

I'm about to hit my first 50, and since I was told that if you turn off Xp, you get more inf, and more so if you exemplar, is that correct?  So what, I turn off Xp, and go do DFB for a couple hours to make my eyes bleed?

You don't even need to exemplar. Turn XP off, don't touch the exemplar options. Go run an ITF. Bask in the like 25 mil you just got.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.