An idea for Energy Blast

Wavicle

I came up with a possible way to buff Energy Blast (for Blasters, Defenders, Corruptors, and Sentinels).

Two special effects to help with single target and aoe damage:

1. Knockback procs from Power Bolt, Power Blast, Power Push, Sniper Blast, and Focused Power Bolt all make your next Power Burst cast in less than a second and cost no endurance. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

2. Knockback procs from Energy Torrent make your next Explosive Blast cast in less than a second and cost no endurance. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Wavicle changed the title to An idea for Energy Blast

I disagree. My current primary character is an Energy Blast/Energy Manipulation Blaster, and is chewing up the opposition. I'm slotting for damage, but still outperforming my other ranged characters. (Edit: I just wish my KB triggered more often. It's not really triggering in most fights.) (Edit again: I'm trying to see if I can pump up the character's damage through enhancements and set bonuses to drop white con minions in a single hit with my fast snipe. I've already managed it a couple of times, but it is inconsistent at best.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only change I'd make to Energy Blast is to add the Impact proc like we see with Gravity Control.  Any time something gets slammed back or knocked down, throw a chance for Impact, which would be X% of power damage added as Smashing damage.  Double the chances of the proc occurring if the mob in question hits a wall or an object. 

Hitting another mob with a ragdolled mob would proc a KD on the mob so struck (the famed Marvel "Fastball Special").

Edited by MistressOhm
  • Like 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

11 minutes ago, MistressOhm said:

The only change I'd make to Energy Blast is to add the Impact proc like we see with Gravity Control.  Any time something gets slammed back or knocked down, throw a chance for Impact, which would be X% of power damage added as Smashing damage.  Double the chances of the proc occurring if the mob in question hits a wall or an object. 

Hitting another mob with a ragdolled mob would proc a KD on the mob so struck (the famed Marvel "Fastball Special").

I would totally take that.