Necro Buff

C U R S E

35 minutes ago, C U R S E said:

I went on Brainstorm and tried out the Necro Revamps and it is solid. Spectral Minion summon, HP buuf for minions. Grave Knights with a AOE damage Aura this is fantastic. Time to dust off the MM 😀

It's all pretty darn beautiful honestly. The one area where there is clearly some debate is the change to bots.

The changes in particular to ninjas and mercs really will open the door to some really interesting builds.

I do wonder what be to these changes will do to sets like thugs and demons when the same model is proliferated.

But you're right the zombies are pretty dang interesting now.  The new spin on soul extraction is particularly interesting.  It's kind of akin to gang war in a way.  Will be interesting to see how bad it can be abused.

Basically I slotted the first upgrade to 3 resist IO's for now and I left the second upgrade with a single slot with a 50 IO for health.

I'm still tinkering but with the attacks now being kinda important, slotting is a little tighter.

10 hours ago, Xandyr said:

I shelved my Necro/Dark and Necro/EA once I hit 50 with them several months ago. now, with these changes, I'm torn between which I should play again. What's your vote?

-X 

Necro/Dark, ftw!  Classic (see sig)

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) Everlasting - MISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

9 hours ago, webdeath said:

Yeah the Necro Changes look sweet.  I have a Necro/Storm I'm trying to figure out the build for.. Such a headache lol 

That sounds like great fun. I make play a powerset twice but Necro/Storm would be an exception. Constant barrage of Tornado, Lightning Storm, Freezing Rain, Soul Extraction, Gale, personal attacks with KD being it's main source of mitigation.

I will have to test these out, and my guess is that also the hp drain attacks are affected with the ability now to slot the upgrade henchmen ability. As it seems they did move all these slots over from the henchmen to the upgrade abilities.

But wonder how the build will be now as in the past you could just ignore 2 abilities straight out of the box for slotting but now you probably don't want to skip them for henchmen survivability. Meaning those slots have to come from somewhere else. Same with the 3 other skills in those primary sets, it will be a though balancing act once again to find a good one.

Also do we have any eta when they will bring this framework also to the other MM primaries? As I do feel this will do make it easier in the long term to keep balance in check for all of them.

2 hours ago, Ydyp said:

But wonder how the build will be now as in the past you could just ignore 2 abilities straight out of the box for slotting but now you probably don't want to skip them for henchmen survivability. Meaning those slots have to come from somewhere else. Same with the 3 other skills in those primary sets, it will be a though balancing act once again to find a good one.

I tested it a bit and it generally works out as a net buff.  The base numbers were set so that they were very slightly lower than before the patch, to the point if you use just the default slot for resistance/healing (depending on the upgrade), it's more than your pets would've had before.  Same thing with the personal attacks.  If you continue to go without using them, you won't be any worse off than before; in fact, you'll still benefit from the overall pet buffs.  But you now have additional motivation to take the other attacks.

So basically, builds are not any tighter than before, but you might personally be able to work in different priorities.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, C U R S E said:

Slotting the pets for Resistance and Healing which is also a HP buff is overkill. Still experimenting with the Alpha slots.

These changes have put breath back into my undead sorcerer and his minions. 

Despite this being "overkill", I actually *really* like that. Between the various pets and Soul Extraction having aura buffs and the options bring a smile to my face. Its one of my oldest characters and a replica of something I played on live. Hell, it even uses the name of my very first COH character I leveled to 50 before COV was ever a concept. The nostalgia of the character is so deep and it has been kinda painful to have it benched for so long. 

Now it is time. Rise from your graves! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aisynia said:

What are good secondaries for this or the new Ninjas?

I like Dark and Poison as starting points.  Sonic might also be interesting. Time is strong.  But might be difficult to get good Power selection since you will probably want all 3 attacks for that Max Crit chance on the pets.  Kin is always a nice choice.  

I made a necro/time to test the changes and to test the action economy of necro now that the attacks are usable. So far it's working fantastic. I have the slots, there is plenty to do but I never feel like I can't cast all of my abilities in a fight (a problem I feel dark has due to long animation times).

I think time is an excellent choice with the new necromancy. Tankerminding is great with this combo. Siphon life is weak but synergizes well with time's juncture helping tank.

1 hour ago, Aisynia said:

Look to the master….their build had all three personal attacks and all the other goodies you’d really need.  You might want to throw a few slots around but it’s a great starting point.  

It was already the best Ninja build I’d ever played but the buffs -even without any slot changes- just made them crit more!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aisynia said:

I think you'll find that ninjas can go with just about anything now.  To be a little crazy while testing on Brainstorm I made a number of different builds that, pre-page 5, you'd call me a madman.  They ALL worked to varying degrees... Even full resist sets like sonic and thermal worked really well.

I personally like trick arrow.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing around with the Necro changes and a couple great finds. Unbreakable Constraint proc in Soul Extraction works very well. Also other hold, Cloud Sense and Overwhelming Force KD procs.

Some uniques heal IOs also buff pets when slotted into Dark Empowerment. This includes Numina's and Panacea. Preventive Medicine doesn't. Not sure about Miracle and Regenerative Tissue. 

This likely is not working as intended. I tested a few of the uniques that are slottable in other MM primaries. Including the heals IOs, Unbreakable Gaurd +max hp, also Steadfast KB protection. Mercs and Ninjas gain no bonus from them. Haven't tested Bots.

image.thumb.png.397f683382710d98eec0966aeb4899e5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

Playing around with the Necro changes and a couple great finds. Unbreakable Constraint proc in Soul Extraction works very well. Also other hold, Cloud Sense and Overwhelming Force KD procs.

Some uniques heal IOs also buff pets when slotted into Dark Empowerment. This includes Numina's and Panacea. Preventive Medicine doesn't. Not sure about Miracle and Regenerative Tissue. 

This likely is not working as intended. I tested a few of the uniques that are slottable in other MM primaries. Including the heals IOs, Unbreakable Gaurd +max hp, also Steadfast KB protection. Mercs and Ninjas gain no bonus from them. Haven't tested Bots.

image.thumb.png.397f683382710d98eec0966aeb4899e5.png

If you put them in the minion does the MM also get the effect? thanks! This is some really interesting information