Necro Buff

C U R S E

21 minutes ago, summers said:

If you put them in the minion does the MM also get the effect? thanks! This is some really interesting information

No, the MM does not. They only have a chance to activate on the MM each time Dark Empowerment is cast. They activate frequently in Health because they have a chance to proc every 10 seconds when slotted in toggles/auto-powers. 

• Like 1

Speaking of procs…..

In evaluating slotting choices for Necro now, I’ve got a Necro/Storm that like most stormies is always thirsty for more +END.  Life drain can take heal procs, always could.  But I’ve never really had a reason to slot it up before.  As an attack it makes more sense to do so now.

If I put heal procs like Absorb or Theft of Essence….who gets the benefit of those procs? Myself, the caster of the power and the recipient of any healing returned, or my target?  Last thing I want to do is buff my target of an attack.

58 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Speaking of procs…..

In evaluating slotting choices for Necro now, I’ve got a Necro/Storm that like most stormies is always thirsty for more +END.  Life drain can take heal procs, always could.  But I’ve never really had a reason to slot it up before.  As an attack it makes more sense to do so now.

If I put heal procs like Absorb or Theft of Essence….who gets the benefit of those procs? Myself, the caster of the power and the recipient of any healing returned, or my target?  Last thing I want to do is buff my target of an attack.

Theft of Essence can indeed give you some endurance back, but on a single target heal it might not really be worth it.

It's far more useable in powers that affect multiple targets so you get multiple proc chances (like Dark Regeneration, Twilight Grasp, and Transfusion).

1 hour ago, evetsleep said:

Theft of Essence can indeed give you some endurance back, but on a single target heal it might not really be worth it.

It's far more useable in powers that affect multiple targets so you get multiple proc chances (like Dark Regeneration, Twilight Grasp, and Transfusion).

Is that a chance to get some end for each target you heal with TG?

1 hour ago, theDarkeOne said:

I have been playing around with my Necro/Dark and Twilight is the only power I have slotted (3 Theft of the essence) at level 24. . . And yes, I have not yet run out of endurance. . . 

I have one in mine, and I don't run out of endurance. I can't imagine three, lol. I am still playing around with builds though, so you never know.

15 minutes ago, Vinxnotha said:

I have one in mine, and I don't run out of endurance. I can't imagine three, lol. I am still playing around with builds though, so you never know.

The TOE Proc is the only one of the set to give a chance to return END (+10).  And although I don't think it says in-game it's "Unique" I can only slot one into Siphon Life...it won't let me slot multiples.

3 minutes ago, Crysis said:

The TOE Proc is the only one of the set to give a chance to return END (+10).  And although I don't think it says in-game it's "Unique" I can only slot one into Siphon Life...it won't let me slot multiples.

I think I read their post wrong. I thought they meant 3 of the +end. Just checked mids. You are correct. And I am old.....and can't read well apparently. Hehe.

I have a petless Necro Trick Arrow and the 3 specters from the attacks are very helpful. They hold aggro well.

16 minutes ago, plainguy said:

I have a petless Necro Trick Arrow and the 3 specters from the attacks are very helpful. They hold aggro well.

Is it truly "petless" if you have Spectres?

Imagine how much better the damage and holding aggro/CC would be if you had pets... 🤣

• Haha 1

Absolutely floored that Necromancy (and MM's in general) finally got a comprehensive redo! Soul Extraction has been crying out for some sort of redesign for over a decade, and I love the new implementation!

I was initially a bit worried about having to reslot and juggle powers a bit, and the explanation of how the 2 pet buff abilities work is a bit confusing, but overall its exciting to see some tweaks after all these years.

I'm especially happy to see Necromancy generating the CoT-skin specters! I was wanting those to be a Lore pet summon ever since Incarnate powers were released, though having to respec into the basic necromancy offensive powers (that I believe 90% of MM's skip) in order to summon them is a bit rough. Even with the specters I'm not entirely sure Dark Blast/Gloom are worth taking. I would have loved for any of the 3 offensive abilities being able to generate up to 3 specters, but I'll take the current implementation of course.

I managed to shuffle some slots around and get Soul Extraction down to about a 1m30s cooldown with 30s uptime, so it sees plenty of use. Most Necro used SE as our IO aura mule ability, so I imagine most of us are similarly scrambling to free up some space.

I haven't played with the numbers much, but are there any stand-outs for either of the pet buff spells as far as Resists for tier 1 and Heals for tier 2? Anything truly diabolical to slot in Soul Extraction for all 6 new pets to proc?

ALSO- I dont see it mentioned... did anyone else notice Grave Knights now have Death Shroud? An aoe damage aura it seems. Was this another new change or did this occur somewhere in the last few months? Woops yep I see this has been mentioned. 

I look foreword to seeing all the new interests in MM's and necromancy in particular. Lets keep the thread going!

Edited by Soulstinger
  • Thumbs Up 1

Necro have decent resists to a lot of different damage types, everything but fire and lethal.  With the 3 resists uniques and max ED resists slotting in the upgrade, you're looking at 77% resists for Lich, 67% for Grave Knights and 56% for Horde.  Not too shabby and if I end up respeccing my Zombies I'll be adding a slot to that upgrade.

On the other hand, the heal unique trickery reminds me of the old saying "if something seems too good to be true, it is".  If I KNEW this wouldn't be re-adjusted I'd slot all those heal uniques in that upgrade but... c'mon, we all know better.  In the meantime I might throw a Numina in the base slot and unslot it when the time comes.

On 10/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, Xandyr said:

Wish they'd fix the sound. Blows my ears every time I zone. That's the only thing keeping me from playing Necro.

How are you all planning on slotting the upgrades since they take resistance and defense now?

A few fixes in this thread:

I think you may have seen it since you've posted in there but just in case.

So, with the new changes, how is Necro/Kin holding up? This was the first toon I rolled when HC went Live, so I really need to update his build. Guessing I'm going to be doing a lot more now than just */Kin spam, yeah?

Had a baby Ninja/Elec going pre-update, too, but she'll be a bit easier to fix as she's still leveling

Edited by JStacy337

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

28 minutes ago, JStacy337 said:

So, with the new changes, how is Necro/Kin holding up? This was the first toon I rolled when HC went Live, so I really need to update his build. Guessing I'm going to be doing a lot more now than just */Kin spam, yeah?

Had a baby Ninja/Elec going pre-update, too, but she'll be a bit easier to fix as she's still leveling

I imagine you'll still be /Kin spamming even with the necro changes; you'll probably want to invest some slots into the first upgrade power for some extra resist to help keep the zombies up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Anyone willing to post their updated Necro/Dark build?  Lich-ilicious needs some love 😆

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

16 hours ago, Sovera said:

Dis?

Saw that, but that one's still fielding suggestions.  May just wait for Mid's to get updated, anyway.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 10/23/2022 at 1:22 AM, Xandyr said:

Is it truly "petless" if you have Spectres?

Imagine how much better the damage and holding aggro/CC would be if you had pets... 🤣

Was about to say Plainguy....you are now FORCED to take pets with your Petless builds lol.  Pretty mean of the devs there....they did this just to spite you!

Although gotta admit, between the Spectres and the way Soul Extraction works now, my Necro/Storm is a visually busy set.  Kinda fun!

• Thumbs Up 1