Request for the Mini Costume

First, thanks for implementing the Tier 2-4 costume options at the Holo vendor.

As a request, could you change the "Mini" costume, to allow us to simply set the "Height" slider lower? Say to the same size as the "miniature Paragon Protectors" or a minimum of 1 foot high? This would allow us to have Mini characters with normal proportions.

As it stands, 250 Aether is a high price to pay to get the proportions of a First Grader. 🙂

Thanks for all your hard work! Much appreciated!

3 hours ago, DarionLeonidas said:

As it stands, 250 Aether is a high price to pay to get the proportions of a First Grader. 🙂

For you, but I'm sure that plenty will want to do it ... just because. 

And that is exactly what it is there for.

It is an intentional grind mechanism added to the game to give grinders something to grind for. 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I too was really hoping the "Mini Costume" would simply make certain characters equally scaled but smaller. I'm not even that upset about the Funko look, just that I was looking forward to an option that is now clearly not what you had in mind. It would be nice if the Devs had managed expectations a little better by being more accurate in their early descriptions of what the power would do.

Frankly, I just wish we could get a wider scale range on our customization sliders... 2 ft-10 ft maybe. Heck, I even have a character that would benefit greatly from the larger head, though not with a mini-body 😞

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, UltraAlt said:

For you, but I'm sure that plenty will want to do it ... just because. 

And that is exactly what it is there for.

It is an intentional grind mechanism added to the game to give grinders something to grind for. 

I already did it.

🙂
And, frankly, I'm really only concerned with myself; what others do is none of my business.

Edited by DarionLeonidas
Added text

On 10/18/2022 at 2:58 PM, Starhammer said:

I too was really hoping the "Mini Costume" would simply make certain characters equally scaled but smaller. I'm not even that upset about the Funko look, just that I was looking forward to an option that is now clearly not what you had in mind. It would be nice if the Devs had managed expectations a little better by being more accurate in their early descriptions of what the power would do.

Frankly, I just wish we could get a wider scale range on our customization sliders... 2 ft-10 ft maybe. Heck, I even have a character that would benefit greatly from the larger head, though not with a mini-body 😞

Yep, same here, maybe a "Modoc" type mutant.

Well, who knows? Maybe the Devs will listen and implement our requests. I understand "giant" size is on the horizon, perhaps they'll implement it, then. 🤷‍♂️

It might be better just to make it an option to go one way or the other, like the shadow form's eyes.... You pick up the MiniMe power and then can either set it to use the Big Head-mode or an alternate with more normal proportions. 

Personally, I'd be pretty sore about having to grind out 250 more PAPs just to get a second mini transformation with a normal-sized head if I'd *already* gone through that to purchase the current MiniMe on a character, only to find out after-the-fact that the bobble-head was a total spoiler.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

7 hours ago, DarionLeonidas said:

I already did it.

🙂
And, frankly, I'm really only concerned with myself; what others do is none of my business.

Then why post in the forums is you don't want to interact with other people?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:27 PM, UltraAlt said:

Just relax, okay?

I don't think you understand what I said.
What other people do with their time is their business.

What I do with my time is my business, like whether or not I want to post in the forums my request for a minor change to a game option.
I have nothing against interacting with other people.

You don't mind, do you? I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't need your permission.

For someone whose signature declares a dislike of bullying and harassment, you sure don't seem to have a problem leaping to the attack, yourself.

Nobody's asking you to change.

• Thanks 2

On 10/18/2022 at 1:22 PM, TheZag said:

Better to advocate for a second version than to change the current one.  Leave mini as is and add 'small' or 'tiny' as a new one that keeps proportions intact.

I'd be fine with a secondary setting that was proportional. Either way.
I'm just personally not a fan of the Funko Pop look.

17 hours ago, DarionLeonidas said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't need your permission.

BOW TO ME! just kiddingtm

17 hours ago, DarionLeonidas said:

You don't mind, do you?

No.

18 hours ago, DarionLeonidas said:

For someone whose signature declares a dislike of bullying and harassment, you sure don't seem to have a problem leaping to the attack, yourself.

Asking a question isn't attacking anyone unless it's some kind of sarcam.

When you post ...

On 10/19/2022 at 4:08 PM, DarionLeonidas said:

... I don't think it's out of line to ask ....

On 10/19/2022 at 11:27 PM, UltraAlt said:

It seems to me that...

Just relax, okay?

... is being defensive, you didn't have to even have to answer the question if you didn't want to.

The point apparently is that you do care what other people think, you just don't want to, but can't help yourself.

Nobody's asking you to change.

Who is asking you to change?

I just asked you a question.

This is off topic, I suggest we just forget this.

You know, because ...

On 10/19/2022 at 4:08 PM, DarionLeonidas said:

... frankly, I'm really only concerned with myself ...

• Thumbs Down 3

• 3 weeks later
  • 5 months later
  • 2 weeks later

I was going to post this suggestion myself. I don't want the current Mini mode removed, but it would be great to have an additional "Tiny" mode that retained your character's scaling.

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.