Travel pools don't have a "You must select one power before selecting this" like other pools

ArchmageMC

Since travel powers are allowed at the same time as the "Tier 1" powers of the same pools, there are no "Tier 2" powers in these pools, but instead it jumps to "Tier 3". Have you thought about changing one of the Tier 3 powers in those travel pools to be tier 2?

People already ask for the non travel pool powers to be opened up early based on travel pools 3rd power being readily available.  As much as my mastermind would like to go straight to group fly,  i dont want the can of worms opened further.  I could almost guarantee that within 2 months someone would ask for all powers to be available when choosing pool powers.

• Thanks 1

No, you don't need to get Tough or Weave without any prerequisites.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Yeah, they used to.  The travel powers themselves *are* the 3rd power in the pool, so you used to have to be 14 before you could freely move around the city.  A certain paid unlock during the Free-to-play days granted level 4 travel powers to veteran subscribers, and that change went global in HC as a QoL change.  I'd like to see it pushed back, as few builds can really spare the power pick for a movement skill at that level (your attack chain and/or defenses are generally more important). 

That's just my opinion though, and quite a few people enjoy that freedom, so they can have at.

I find that at low levels, having a strong attack chain or defense is significantly less of a concern than others say. I'm personally glad I can slot a travel power at level 4. I still remember the days of using Hover to cross Perez Park, Steel Canyon, and Skyway City. Contact is at the complete opposite end of the zone from the mission which is deep in purple country? And my only options are Sprint or Hover? No thanks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Akisan said:

I'd like to see it pushed back, as few builds can really spare the power pick for a movement skill at that level (your attack chain and/or defenses are generally more important). 

That's just my opinion though, and quite a few people enjoy that freedom, so they can have at.

And this is why it's an option now. I'd say like 90% or more of my characters don't take the travel option at level 4. But if people want to have that option and let their attack chain suffer, then they should be able to (also, with the p2w attacks, you're not killing your attack chain all that much anyway). Taking away options is generally not a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

I find that at low levels, having a strong attack chain or defense is significantly less of a concern than others say. I'm personally glad I can slot a travel power at level 4. I still remember the days of using Hover to cross Perez Park, Steel Canyon, and Skyway City. Contact is at the complete opposite end of the zone from the mission which is deep in purple country? And my only options are Sprint or Hover? No thanks.

I think it also depends on how you level too. Like, if you're running through DFB, especially if you're running the 2xp, chances are you're not going to want/need that travel power at level 4, you're likely going to be more interested in that next attack/support power, especially for the Vahz boss badge. And it's not like it has to be at level 4 or not until way later. You can take it at any of those levels in-between as well if you really want it early on, but not at level 4.

Regardless, I'm glad the option exists. I'm glad others can take the powers sooner if that's what they want, and that the option is still there for those of us who tend to wait a little longer to grab our travel powers (or go without entirely! lol. I think I have one toon that didn't take one at all).

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

5 hours ago, Aracknight said:

They used to, which is why Tough and others have pre-requisites they do.  I find it highly unlikely that will be something that will be reverted.

Oh, it wouldn't have to be reverted. They could change things up.

Hasten, Combat Jumping, Combat Teleport, and Hover could all get locked behind a "take one other power from this set" requirement.

• Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Oh, it wouldn't have to be reverted. They could change things up.

Hasten, Combat Jumping, Combat Teleport, and Hover could all get locked behind a "take one other power from this set" requirement.

So gatekeep the Defense global mules and good powers behind the same gate as the resist global mule.  

Interesting.  Mean af, but interesting.

4 hours ago, Akisan said:

I'd like to see it pushed back, as few builds can really spare the power pick for a movement skill at that level

<sarcasm>

Because, of course, the game requires you to take a travel power at level 4; you're not allowed to pick any other power available to your character, and this cripples every single build in the game.

</sarcasm>

Seriously, your arm isn't being twisted to take a travel power at all; if you feel that it hurts your builds to take a travel power at that level, then don't.

6 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

<sarcasm>

Because, of course, the game requires you to take a travel power at level 4; you're not allowed to pick any other power available to your character, and this cripples every single build in the game.

</sarcasm>

Seriously, your arm isn't being twisted to take a travel power at all; if you feel that it hurts your builds to take a travel power at that level, then don't.

And... you've missed my point, not that I'd elaborated much.  I don't want it pushed back to enforce a slower game, or even because it can impact a build - I would want it pushed back to remove any percieved obligation to take one of them just to keep up with the team.

It's not much of a reason, and I know it, so I don't push to have the change reverted - after all:

4 hours ago, Akisan said:

• Like 1