Alignment Missions?

Arnabas

I was thinking the other day about how quite some time ago (maybe 2 years?) I did a mission (I think in the low 20s) that was specifically for Vigilante characters. Just a short arc that ended, I think, in Independence Port. I only played it that one time and was interested in replaying it. It was then that I noticed that I had no alignment missions available. On any character. I can't even seem to get them.

So, basically, I am wondering if they have been removed from the game, or if for some reason I just can't seem to get them? 

You don't get Alignment Missions, you get 'Tips' that you have the option to follow up on.  They're basically one-off Contacts. 

You should start getting alignment tips at level 20, and if you follow them into missions, you'll either reaffirm your current alignment, or shift to the next one over: 

Hero > Vigilante > Villain

Villain > Rogue > Hero

Tips show up in a separate tab in your Contacts window.   There's currently three types:  Exploration (which guide you straight to an Explore badge in the named zone), Alignment, and Event (which is how you get the Malleus Mundi mission for the Halloween season.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

8 minutes ago, MistressOhm said:

You don't get Alignment Missions, you get 'Tips' that you have the option to follow up on.  They're basically one-off Contacts. 

You should start getting alignment tips at level 20, and if you follow them into missions, you'll either reaffirm your current alignment, or shift to the next one over: 

Hero > Vigilante > Villain

Villain > Rogue > Hero

Tips show up in a separate tab in your Contacts window.   There's currently three types:  Exploration (which guide you straight to an Explore badge in the named zone), Alignment, and Event (which is how you get the Malleus Mundi mission for the Halloween season.)

Yes, I understand that, as I have previously done alignment missions by receiving tips... My point is that I no longer get those tips. I only get exploration tips and that includes characters in their 20s, 30s, and 40s.

I had thought that it was perhaps due to having too many exploration tips and that I might not have "space" to receive alignment ones, but even if I complete or dismiss the exploration tips, I just get more, without any alignment ones.

Edited by Arnabas
Edit for typo

You should probably file a support ticket on that.  Also check to see if any of the 'bars' in the Tip area are full.  If they are (and you dismissed the "Morality" contact tip), you likely won't see any more Tips drop of that type until you resolve the Morality state.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

33 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

I was thinking the other day about how quite some time ago (maybe 2 years?) I did a mission (I think in the low 20s) that was specifically for Vigilante characters. Just a short arc that ended, I think, in Independence Port. I only played it that one time and was interested in replaying it. It was then that I noticed that I had no alignment missions available. On any character. I can't even seem to get them.

So, basically, I am wondering if they have been removed from the game, or if for some reason I just can't seem to get them? 

Actually, they're easier to access than ever now, because Fort Trident and the Crucible 1) Are now open to vigilantes and rogues (respectively) and 2) have super group-like base computers where you can buy specific tips for one reward merit each.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Actually, they're easier to access than ever now, because Fort Trident and the Crucible 1) Are now open to vigilantes and rogues (respectively) and 2) have super group-like base computers where you can buy specific tips for one reward merit each.

That would make for a good test, actually.  Burn a Merit to get a tip, make sure it appears in the list.  Can this character even buy any of the tips in the first place (with a Merit in the salvage pane)?  Does another character on the same account get them?  

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

1 hour ago, Arnabas said:

Yes, I understand that, as I have previously done alignment missions by receiving tips... My point is that I no longer get those tips. I only get exploration tips and that includes characters in their 20s, 30s, and 40s.

That's pretty weird.

I'm still getting alignment tip missions.

What alignment are you at this point and what side did you start on?

Have you been switching sides with the gull? Have those characters rested in their new alignment long enough to get the power for that alignment?

I'm unsure if it makes a difference, but are you staying in co-op zones?

I'm trying to think of anything else that might be affecting it.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

There are a few confused topics here.

First, as mentioned above by @RobotLove there are special arcs & contacts that are only available to specific alignments.

"Tips" that allow you an option of two different 'paths' will drop in non-AE content (no sure if they drop during AE missions) until you have 3 per 'side' (if you are playing a character that can switch sides. If you change alignment (via Null, or via completing an 'alignment change' mission which also must drop) all outstanding missions of these types vanish. I want to say that they vanish when crossing at 30 and 40. These are different than newspaper/scanner missions which offer a chance for a new contact. IIRC you can only have three of these TIPS 'per side'. I know that you can 'fill up' more than one alignment slider, but I don't know what happens if you fill up two (per side) and then don't do the alignment change/reinforce mission. If you aren't getting any more tips and have an alignment bar filled up, do the mission to reinforce as it rewards merits.

I typically will do those sorts of missions at level 50 to get certain enemy types to spawn.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're getting exploration tips you're looking in the right place.  You should be able to scroll down and see the alignment tips.  You can only have 3 exploration tips at a time, and additionally only 3 alignment tips at a time.  You should see the 3 from the side (red or blue) that you're currently located on.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

9 hours ago, RobotLove said:

This one?

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Shauna_Braun

Arc added shortly after HC spun up. Should be available in Ouro. Need to be Vigilante for it to show up.

Also check Bobby Curtin for rogues, written by the same author.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Bobby_Curtin

That looks like the one, from what I can remember.

I'll try to respond to multiple questions in one post.

In terms of alignment, when I first started thinking about that particular missions, I checked in my Tips for alignment-related stuff, but had none. As I mentioned above, I thought it might be because I had 3 exploration tips and thought that they might be blocking me from getting anything else, so I cleared them, but that was followed by getting more exploration tips. 

Curious, I started checking my other characters, ranging in level from low 20s to mid-40s, heroes, villains, and vigilantes (no rogues). None of them had alignment/ morality tips and between the time when I started looking for them until now (about a weeks or so, playing at least 1-2 characters daily) I still haven't received even 1. That's why I thought they may have been disabled, thinking perhaps it was related to the fact that people can change alignment at will through Null.

Also these, for vigilantes and rogues respectively:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/The_Major

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sgt._Schorr

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller