Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla

For Godzilla Day on Nov 3rd - Fathom Events is screening the 2002 Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla.  I've already got my tickets...  Not so much because I want to see that particular movie, but because I've never seen an actual Toho Godzilla on the big screen.

Anyone else going?

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Godzilla-Against-Mechagodzilla

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Oh man that's so cool! Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla was my favorite as a kid, and I probably haven't seen it since then, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I'm seeing the 1974 GvM on the big screen on Nov 2. I hadn't heard about this event but it's highly likely I'll go. I'm lucky that my local theater has shown (and will continue to show) lots of the Toho Godzilla films.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I'm seeing the 1974 GvM on the big screen on Nov 2. I hadn't heard about this event but it's highly likely I'll go. I'm lucky that my local theater has shown (and will continue to show) lots of the Toho Godzilla films.

I'd love to see some of the Showa era stuff on the big screen someday.  It looked like they gonna run the original 1954 film last year, but it turned out to be the Raymond Burr version...  Fortunately I sorted that out before I got tickets.  Ain't no way in [censored] that I'm ever gonna pay money to see that.

Got lucky about six years ago, a local arthouse place got hold of a bunch of 35mm subbed prints of the Ghibli films...  It was awesome to see them in their original form.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!

Most of the stuff that my local theater has shown has been Showa era films, although they have shown a few Heisei era films and they showed Shin Godzilla a week or two ago. They regularly show (as in once every couple of years or so) Ghibli films and some non-Ghibli films too. I saw Akira there last week. And they are all in original language with English subtitles.

If you are anywhere near Durham, NC you could stop by sometime: https://carolinatheatre.org/series/kaiju-quest-film-series/#films

Their film lineup for the July-Dec 2022 season is winding down and they don't have their stuff posted for Jan-June 2023 yet, but it should be up soon. They typically have an anime festival in the spring.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was exactly what I expected - cheesy human interest in between kaiju whaling on each other.  All the better because it was playing at the dine-in place a few minutes away and I could sip on a pint of my favorite while watching the movie.