Halloween Over Already?

Clave Dark 5

I thought it was supposed to last to like the 2nd or something. 

Sigh, I mean, I'd have felt this same sense of ennui even if it had, but having to suddenly gone is even sadder.  'Specially since we barely got the decorated windows this year.  (Did we get any?  I never saw one)

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I managed to squeeze in a Kane right before I left for work last night and was hoping to get in a few more, but <I>noooo...

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Halloween event typically starts the first Tuesday of October and ends the Tuesday after the end of the month. It finished as it usually does. Spent my last night trying a stab at ToTing redside. Found a semi decent spot and even managed to successfully do zombie and a banner run before I logged.

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

For some of us it will always be over too soon ;_;

One of my secret fantasies is to have a zone, one zone per holiday, where the Trick or Treat and other Halloween stuff is always running, and one where the Yule event is always running. I imagine it would be in those zones that Null can take you to that are holiday ambiance.

I know the argument would be, that then it wouldn't be special when it comes around, but it still would be for me. 🙂

cat-insults-your-neighbors.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Now on to Thanksgiving:  Giant Monster radioactive turkeys and chaos breaking out as Freakshow try to play gridiron football on the streets of Steel Canyon during the Wentworth's Thanksgiving Day parade, complete with signature character chibi hot-air balloons.  Well, one can dream.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I could have sworn I had read it was lasting a few more days, as I said. But checking back, no, they said the 1st, it was all just a sweet fantasy too good for this dark earth...

Go have fun!

44 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I could have sworn I had read it was lasting a few more days, as I said. But checking back, no, they said the 1st, it was all just a sweet fantasy too good for this dark earth...

I think the issue was that Tuesday was the next Fing day.  Calendar roulette screwed is there

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Techwright said:

Now on to Thanksgiving:  Giant Monster radioactive turkeys and chaos breaking out as Freakshow try to play gridiron football on the streets of Steel Canyon during the Wentworth's Thanksgiving Day parade, complete with signature character chibi hot-air balloons.  Well, one can dream.

Wkrp Turkey GIF - Wkrp Turkey Turkey Drop - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

On 11/2/2022 at 11:30 PM, diaphragmplanet said:

The Halloween event usually begins on the first Tuesday of October and ends on the Tuesday following the end of the month. It completed as it usually does. I spent my last night attempting ToTing redside. I found a semi-decent spot and even completed a zombie and a banner run before logging in.

Funny, Could have sworn I basically wrote this. Your high school and college essays must have been top notch.

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!