Moment of Glory

Troo

Regeneration MomentOfGlory.png Moment of Glory

When you activate this power, you gain Resistance and Defense to all damage types except Psionics, recover Endurance more quickly, and are highly resistant to Knockback, Sleep, Disorient, Immobilization, and Hold effects.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=brute_defense.regeneration.moment_of_glory&at=brute

Cast Time = 2.57 sec

Cast Arcanatime = 2.772 sec

Duration = 15 seconds

15 - 2.772 is effectively 12.228

Suggestion:

• Lower Cast time to match Rune of Protection's 2.03 Cast Time
  • Add 40% Debuff Resistance for Recharge and Regen
  • Remove the 'except to Psionics'

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 4

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just now, Psyonico said:

Nerf Regen

/jranger

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

I've got a better idea. Before you ask for a huge buff to MoG, spend some time playing it in its original incarnation:

1. Heals you to 100%

2. Drops your HP to 10% of normal

3. Gives you high Resistance and Defense to all forms of damage except Psionics.

Basically, the original form of MoG was "Make me hard to hit and damage, except for taking 10x damage from Psionics". MoG has already had the biggest drawbacks to it removed, and now you want to have the remaining drawbacks eliminated.

• Thumbs Down 2

53 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I've got a better idea. Before you ask for a huge buff to MoG, spend some time playing it in its original incarnation:

1. Heals you to 100%

2. Drops your HP to 10% of normal

3. Gives you high Resistance and Defense to all forms of damage except Psionics.

Basically, the original form of MoG was "Make me hard to hit and damage, except for taking 10x damage from Psionics". MoG has already had the biggest drawbacks to it removed, and now you want to have the remaining drawbacks eliminated.

I feel like this is a little disingenuous. That version of MoG also existed in a time where it was easily perma'd, meaning most fights came down to "oh, they don't do Psi damage? Guess I win". That is obviously no longer the case, and I would even argue that the biggest drawback of current MoG is that it exists on Regen as we have it now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

The tiny duration is its biggest drawback for me now.  Ye olde Moment of Glory was amazing.  I get that it was overpowered,  but it got nerfed hard.  Having the duration increased a bit would help alot.  12 usable seconds is certainly a moment but its likely no glory is occurring in that time.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Troo said:

Cast Time = 2.57 sec

Cast Arcanatime = 2.772 sec

Duration = 15 seconds

15 - 2.772 is effectively 12.228

Animation Time Before Effect 0.867 sec

15 - 0.867 = 14.133

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

49 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Animation Time Before Effect 0.867 sec

15 - 0.867 = 14.133

Whats the Animation Time Before Effect for Rune of Protection?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

2 hours ago, Yaliw said:

Honestly, just rework the entire set at this point. Instant healing and MoG are clunky as all hell and IMHO regen should be redesigned from the ground up

That would be a different power set then, wouldn't it?

I'm not opposed to a new similar power set.

Some of us like Regeneration and have identified specific minor adjustments which could smooth out potential cascading failures without being overpowered.. but that's a different topic. 

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1