How did the easy way to beat Infiltrate the Skulls mission remain a secret and what other secret tricks to missions are there?

DougGraves

In KR the Skulls arc has the mission where you infiltrate and can't use your own powers.

Everyone knows that MM's keep their pets, so they are an easy mode for the mission.  But I just learned the trick that anyone can do that makes it easy to beat the mission.

Are there other secret solutions being passed around as tribal knowledge?

I've yet to have a problem with that mission - it has ONE fight with ONE mob, and unless you stand there and soak what he's dishing out, it's pretty hard to actually lose. 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I know that if you get defeated in the fight, you just have to run back and join the fight again. If you get defeated after the fight, when it's "find a way out of the mission" going to the hospital works fine, but it really feels like you have to try to lose fights in that mission.

• Like 1

Anti-Matter's Personal Story at the end of Number Six's arc, there's an interesting caveat with the fact that for whatever reason the Coyote/Panther transformations aren't disabled.  Even better, they don't lock you out of Anti-Matter's powers while enabled giving you a major speed boost to reach the end quicker.  Additionally if you auto-fire a power there's a brief window where detoggling Coyote/Panther lets you activate a normal power, like Hasten or Siphon Speed or something.  Sadly Coyote/Panther doesn't work in Tyrant's story, it's not necessary for Deadlock's story, and is no real help elsewhere (though I think it speeds up Heather Nash and Praetor Duncan's stories a bit since they have to do some legwork).  I haven't tested to see if this works during Infiltrate the Skulls.

Everyone hates the mission from Roy Cooling where you rescue Lucas Zanella from a burning building within five minutes.  I've had a couple instances where sometimes leading Zanella to one of the upper level on-fire elevators will clear the mission without having to go all the way back to the entrance.  It's inconsistent but a nice time save when it happens.

If you're soloing Manticore's TF, it's a good trick to lure Countess Crey away from Hopkins.  If you're far enough away he won't aggro when he stands back up allowing you to focus on Crey without having to fight a second AV at the same time.  Good for squishy builds.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

13 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

So, do tell. What is the easy way?

I always just do the one fight, then run away out the back. Is there another way to do the mission?

The mission is easy solo.  It is hard with a team of 8.  

Because you are infiltrating you are aligned with the Skulls in the mission - they are neutral to you.  The ones that attack you are hostile to the Skulls outside of the fight room.

So if you trigger the fight and then run into the hallway, the Skulls in the hallway help you with the fight.