Custom Weapons for Night Widows and Fortunatas

Sleven

Can we get these? I love all the weapon enhancements we've got recently but the Night Widows and Fortunatas are still stuck with those basic spikes for claws. They're not bad but there are sooooo many great claw options. I'm sure everyone with one of these VEATs would like this change.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yes, please!

Give them knives and swords, in addition to the claw suite, so we can make faux-Artemis characters out of our Widows!

Whether the animations fit for these weapons or not comes at a really far secondary to me 🙂

I'm ALL about taking a thematically niche AT and opening it up for many interpretations!

On 11/15/2022 at 9:05 PM, Major_Decoy said:

Blood Widows and Night Widows don't have claws so much as they have Spines. Spines with Spin and Follow-up.

They're more like darts fired from wrist-mounted claw weapons, but either way, since they lack full-body spines like other spines users, and since claws users can in fact choose night widow claws for their weapon model, being able to select any of the claws models seems more appropriate.

...and that was many uses of the words "claws".

3 hours ago, Psyonico said:

that's strange, the option is there but the only weapon is arachnos claws.  I could have sworn you had all the claw options available on your other costumes (Just like Soldiers get all the gun options)

That's a fairly recent development. Page 3 or 4, I think.

Yeah, page 4 opened up a whole lot of options for Soldiers of Arachnos in terms of Gun and Mace selection.

They're claws. All their melee powers are direct ports of Claws powers, except that Spin breaks damage formula on basic archetypes (tanker, scrapper, stalker, etc.) and results in being ridiculously overtuned, while on Widows, it obeys damage formula and ends up being garbage, but we Night Widows take it anyway because it's our only AoE besides extremely well-placed Eviscerates (which are also apparently really bad, but we take it anyway because the animation is cool) XD

Edited by Aida LaCanthe

13 hours ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

They're claws. All their melee powers are direct ports of Claws powers, 

Swipe is the same as Barb Swipe, This is claws and spines

Strike is the same as Strike, just claws

Follow up and Follow up, just claws

Lunge is not the same as Lunge, surprisingly. It animates in about half the time and does more damage. There is no claws equivalent.

Slash is Slash, just claws

Eviscerate is Eviscerate, and uses the same animation as Ripper. But Ripper animates faster? I don't know. It's the same animation.

Dart Burst is the same animation as Thorn Barrage, but they are not similar otherwise.

But I was wrong. Widow claws is much closer to claws than I had thought. I mean, Widow claws do debuff recharge and move speed and do toxic damage the way spines do (but much better, 40% instead of 8% and 16% respectively) but I have to admit that the analogues of widow claws to claws are much closer than I had thought.