double PbAOE toggle Tanker

iaele

Hello. I was wondering if this kind of tanker is effective. What primary would be better?

I guess Stone and Dark maybe are more reliable? Still, Ice and Electric armor sounds funny to play.

Should i try to cap res or def for a double PbAOE toggle Tanker?

And what is the best secondary between Rad and Spines? 

Ty in advance for any help!

Iaele

Edited by iaele

I wouldn't rule out Stone/ either, with a fire- typed damage aura and the fire Brimstone proc.

I also prefer Spines over Rad right now, skipping Impale and using the T1 as filler. I have a Spine/Stone brute at T3 incarnates that I can't seem to stop playing...

I have several of these double toggle pbaoe toons:

• Spines/bio Armor brute
  • Rad/dark armor scrapper
  • Elec Armor/Rad tanker

Otherwise on live I used to have an ice armor/spines tanker as well.

They are all fun. Obviously the tankers are the most survivable. But that spines/bio brute is probably my favorite of the bunch just based on the character concept (I've thought about recreating it as a tanker).

If you want a Tank that even a Dev can't peel aggro off it, then Ice is your King. Chilling Embrace and Icicles are going to give the double-whammy of Debuff and Damage. If you pick up something like Darkest Night from Scorpion, you can double up on the -Dam (and the Debuff aggro-goodness).

Mine personally is Ice/Stone for the smattering of goodness in soft controls with Stone. Multiple forms of KU/KD between ST and PBAoE attacks with a Hold and some Disorients mixed in. Keeps everything tightly locked in my sphere of influence be force.

Rad and spines are, in my opinion, slightly clunky but not bad. Both of them feel slow dude to some of the animations, but are actually very solid.

Rad has an attack that works as a heal and generates some splash damage with the Contamination effect. Your damage aura is actually a patch, which makes very little difference in practical terms.

Spines has a ranged attack, which is something of a novelty on a melee archetype.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 11/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I have several of these double toggle pbaoe toons:

• Spines/bio Armor brute
  • Rad/dark armor scrapper
  • Elec Armor/Rad tanker

Otherwise on live I used to have an ice armor/spines tanker as well.

They are all fun. Obviously the tankers are the most survivable. But that spines/bio brute is probably my favorite of the bunch just based on the character concept (I've thought about recreating it as a tanker).

Can you please give me your Elec Armor/Rad tanker build?

I tried to make one but im really bad with mids and sets.

Iaele

29 minutes ago, iaele said:

Can you please give me your Elec Armor/Rad tanker build?

I tried to make one but im really bad with mids and sets.

Iaele

I typically don't often make builds in mids, I make my builds for the most part in my head. Occasionally I'll release a mids build on the forum but I'm not a big fan of doing so.

For this particular powerset combos I do not have a readily available build in mids. That said feel free to make a build yourself and dm me and I am willing to give you feedback on it to help you get it closer to your overall build goals.

I have a Dark Dark Tank all kitted out.  It is a beast, built for Resistance Accuracy and Recharge.  I think it is incredibly tough and a mediocre Tank.  Dark has a non suppressed Stealth that works against crowd control.  My opinion.  Dark Armor is Brute Armor.  My opinion 

I just made an Ice Ice, I never ran before because I distrust Defense sets.  But it is Winter and I am bored.  It is miraculous at crowd control.  It is relaxing and funny.  My build isnt even good, I just threw Winter sets anywhere I could cram them for more defense and a few odds and ends.  This thing is hilarious.  And the crowd control?  Did I mention the crowd control?  Fughedaboutit