Strike Force leaderships woes whoas roast you stupid @$?!%

Snarky

I have been leading some TF SF and mostly it has been great.  Recruiting is something I have developed patience with.  If a team member is so itchy  they cannot wait 5 min for recruiting then good riddance.  

One issue that keeps recurring (and getting under my skin).  “I want in! Let me alt!”   This happened three times last night on a TF….NONE of them told me who they were alting to.  I try to save a spot but I am a vampire not a F-ing Seer.  Then I am asking the people coming in “is anyone here that alted?”….crickets, bit it was the three stooges who alted come to find out.  Like pulling teeth to get info

So I try to be fair but it is like if I am downtown and you are just sitting at a stop sign on a cross street I am passing. I stop.  I wait.  I go.  No control if you do not know the rhythm of the road

• Thumbs Up 1

These responses help a lot thanks.  Here I thought I was complaining pointlessly (a hobby) because most folks on the boards know to go the extra step.   But you folks gave me the tools to work around the ….errrr tools

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If I'm alting, I feel like it's down to me to tell the team leader clearly when I'm back.  They shouldn't need to do extra work for my convenience. I always send a tell with "Hi, this is [previous character] back for the TF".  If I didn't do that I wouldn't be surprised to miss out a slot.

Sometimes I've come back with the new character, and they're given the slot to someone else in the meantime anyway.  Again, fair enough, they're the ones juggling tells and putting the team together, so I don't feel I have any real standing to complain.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

If I'm alting, I feel like it's down to me to tell the team leader clearly when I'm back.  They shouldn't need to do extra work for my convenience. I always send a tell with "Hi, this is [previous character] back for the TF".  If I didn't do that I wouldn't be surprised to miss out a slot.

Sometimes I've come back with the new character, and they're given the slot to someone else in the meantime anyway.  Again, fair enough, they're the ones juggling tells and putting the team together, so I don't feel I have any real standing to complain.

I honestly really appreciate people joining my team.  I mean if they knew me they probably would not lol.  So I try to take the first 8, if you send a tell “i want in alting to Space Cadet” then you get a space.   Now if you do not show up for 5 minutes that may change.  It takes about a minute to alt even If you have to search the toon out of the thousand spaces allowed. 

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

Here's what I tend to do when I want to alt to join a TF:

1. Send a tell: "I'm in for the TF.  Mind if I alt?"
  2. TF leader either says "Sure" (or "Sorry, just filled").  (In theory, the TF leader could say, "No, eff off," but I've never seen it happen in the wild.)
  3. If I know who I'll be logging back in as (which is 90% of the time), I say, "Thanks.  BRB with <Alt Name>."
  4. When I log in, I send a tell to the TF leader to tell them I'm ready.  I don't even have to remember their name—having received a message from the TF leader on the previous character lets me use backspace to reply to them on the new character.

Easy peasy!  Takes about two minutes.  And as far as I can tell, no one gets heartburn.

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

If I need to alt to get onto a TF, or do a monster, or whatever else, I will tell the Team/League recruiter "Give me a moment, I'll alt and then let you know when I'm in zone".  And then I do exactly that, as soon as I'm in the right zone I pop off on Broadcast "I've arrived on my alt, for <whatever>" and also the same as a Tell to the recruiter.

Showing up and standing around not saying anything?  Catch the next bus, this one's full, mate. 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

If I want to alt before joining a TF, I will do so before contacting the leader. Do I sometimes lose a spot in the 30-60 seconds it takes to do that? Yes.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 11/29/2022 at 1:20 PM, Snarky said:

One issue that keeps recurring (and getting under my skin).  “I want in! Let me alt!”   This happened three times last night on a TF….NONE of them told me who they were alting to.

When I am recruiting and people ask this, I immediately click their name and hit 'Get Global Name'.  That way, I can see who they are when they get back.

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.