Replace Beast Mastery with Wolf Pack power set

Lich

I want to make a mastermind that only has wolves - I don't like that 4/6 of my pets get to be wolves but 2 have to be stuck as Lions. I think thematically it would be a lot more fun to have a wolf-only version. Furthermore, the attacks themselves could be replaced with alternates that better fit the wolf theme - such as maybe Sonic attacks for Howls. Or maybe even melee attacks using Savage Melee for a melee-focused mastermind primary.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Lich said:

I want to make a mastermind that only has wolves - I don't like that 4/6 of my pets get to be wolves but 2 have to be stuck as Lions. I think thematically it would be a lot more fun to have a wolf-only version. Furthermore, the attacks themselves could be replaced with alternates that better fit the wolf theme - such as maybe Sonic attacks for Howls. Or maybe even melee attacks using Savage Melee for a melee-focused mastermind primary.

I like some of the ideas. 

But as mentioned there should always be an choice to make a change. 
Again the first draft isn't always the final draft. 

So I think the savage attack options would be nice. 
I think all one pet type would be nice. 
I think different types of animals would be nice.  

The same way you can customize a broadsword to have many different looks, the ideal solution is for "Beast Mastery" to have a variety of different looking + sounding beasts.

• Necromancy:   choice of vanilla, Vahzilok, or Circle of Thorns spectrals.
  • Thugs:  choice of vanilla, Mooks/Family, or Syndicate
  • Ninjas:  choice of vanilla, Tsoo, or Knives of Artemis
  • Robots:  choice of vanilla, ??Council Bots??, or Praetorian Clockwork.
  • Mercs:  choice of vanilla, Malta, ???
  • Beasts:  choice of vanilla, ??CertainVanityPets??, or Snakes.
  • Demons: choice of vanilla, CoT Hordling/Behemoth/Overlord, or Talons of Vengeance

In all cases, this would be cosmetic only. No changes to pet powers, pet cooldowns, etc, regardless of selected appearance.

Probably never going to happen?? But that's the direction I'd try to go.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

The same way you can customize a broadsword to have many different looks, the ideal solution is for "Beast Mastery" to have a variety of different looking + sounding beasts.

• Necromancy:   choice of vanilla, Vahzilok, or Circle of Thorns spectrals.
  • Thugs:  choice of vanilla, Mooks/Family, or Syndicate
  • Ninjas:  choice of vanilla, Tsoo, or Knives of Artemis
  • Robots:  choice of vanilla, ??Council Bots??, or Praetorian Clockwork.
  • Mercs:  choice of vanilla, Malta, ???
  • Beasts:  choice of vanilla, ??CertainVanityPets??, or Snakes.
  • Demons: choice of vanilla, CoT Hordling/Behemoth/Overlord, or Talons of Vengeance

In all cases, this would be cosmetic only. No changes to pet powers, pet cooldowns, etc, regardless of selected appearance.

Probably never going to happen?? But that's the direction I'd try to go.

I'd throw Private Security Guards in the Mercs, maybe RIP too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2022 at 12:41 PM, Lich said:

I agree, and not because of my obvious love for wolves, but because for me, the lions always threw off the set, I dont hate that the lions are there, but to have another wolf for your T3 pet, I would have loved for a yeti or a big monstrous polar bear. Thats my two cents.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2022 at 1:41 PM, Lich said:

As an option, I could see something like "elder wolves" as an option instead of the lions.  Similarly, I could see a larger lion with a mane for the T3, then perhaps smaller "cubs" for the T1s.

Yeah, /jranger from me too.  I've actually been contemplating a "lions only" MM build, sad as that sounds, because I don't give a fig for wolves.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝