AE Tickets or Reward Merit buy crafted Purples

Troo

I seems easier to buy a Purple and convert rather than craft a specific one at this point...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

You say this as though it were a bad thing, but this is a significant equalizer in the prices of different pieces of a set; it ensures there is never any one piece that is worthless, while bringing down the price of the most valuable piece. What a terrible and poorly-thought-out suggestion!

Suggestions should take into account game balance, including the balance of the game economy, as well as the interests of all players, rather than only your personal convenience.

You can already get the recipes for reward merits, though.  Not sure what makes it hard to craft one... looking at last-5 sales (granted, it's the AH interface...) there's no weirdness in the prices, and it's not like salvage has stopped dropping.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I think its an eliminate the extra steps suggestion.  I buy crafted enhancements because i dont like to spend time crafting.  I sometimes spend merits on purples or winter enhancements sometimes to bring the influence cost down on a particular build.  My most recent i didnt use any merits though and it ended up really pricey.  Next time i will probably use a few thousand merits to keep the influence cost down.

• Like 1

I've got purple recipes piling up faster than I can reasonably acquire rare salvage..

I could use a little less than 200 rare salvage at this point.

..and yes it could save some extra steps. I don't mind crafting but if prices on one salvage get wildly manipulated, it gets to be a bit of a hassle.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Well, if you're using AE already, you can use that to get rares at a "regular price" as it is.

Eh. I think if this were put in, it'd have to be at a somewhat higher price than the recipes, to make up for the lack of crafting involved. Either that or recipes would have to stop dropping all together in favor of crafted, and I don't see that happening.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:50 PM, Troo said:

I've got purple recipes piling up faster than I can reasonable acquire rare salvage..

I could use a little less than 200 rare salvage at this point.

..and yes it could save some extra steps. I don't mind crafting but if prices on one salvage get wildly manipulated, it gets to be a bit of a hassle.

Yeah . . . I like the suggestion . . . but this doesn't make sense.

All you need to do is craft and sell ONE purple and you have enough to buy as much rare salvage as you need to craft the next 5. Sell those then you have enough for the next 10, and so on and so on. Rare savlage should not be an issue if you have purple recipes to craft.

EDIT: Hello I'll craft and sell em for you. Just give me 25% of the profits and we're good. I wish I had that many purple recipies that I needed 200 rare salvage. I would be a multi-billionaire in game by now. LOL

Edited by golstat2003

On 12/7/2022 at 10:11 PM, Greycat said:

Well, if you're using AE already, you can use that to get rares at a "regular price" as it is.

Eh. I think if this were put in, it'd have to be at a somewhat higher price than the recipes, to make up for the lack of crafting involved. Either that or recipes would have to stop dropping all together in favor of crafted, and I don't see that happening.

Also this. Very much this. The bolded. I had forgotten about that. LOL.

I use AE tickets to stock up on rare salvage all the time. A lot of times I'll level a character up through arcs into the teens, and then use AE to grind them up to 22nd so I can slot 25th level IOs. I probably have tens of thousands of tickets lying around, and a crafting area in my supergroup base with salvage bins for everything. 15-20 of every common, 6-7 of every uncommon, and 5-6 of every rare. If I ever need to craft something, it's all right there to do.

• Thumbs Up 1