Dark Dark lowbie

Snarky

I have started doing all redside content on a dark dark.  Really enjoying myself. The best part is starting to dive into each power and figure out how to use them most advantageously.  I may just become competent on one of the things.  I have always built (and played) Corr as  Blasters lopsided cousin.  After doing all red 1-9 contacts/content I have begun to realize how i have wasted the power they do have.   Power?   Time to have fun!!!

Indeed. Dark Miasma picks up 3 of its key powers very early. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Grind grind grind.  Got all holiday badges done before it shut up shop. 

Just finished all 20-24 content and PL’d to 29.  Shut off exp again.  

At this point I stay linear.  Finish all Sharkhead, then move on to Nerva.  Do 25-29, then let myself squeak over and do the small amount of 20-30 content.  Then jump to 34 and start that group.  Mostly concentrating on just knocking out the Red/Rogue stuff.  I will do the TFs that are in the level range under me.  So I have the extra powers as I exemp.  But just knocking out contacts.  

Edited by Snarky

I realized just now that although I laid out my leveling plan I fid not discuss what i have learned 

especially over these 20-24 arcs I have really dug into the use of the fear cone, the debuff toggle, and the minion stun AoE.  I find tar patch situational.  It is a great power. That takes  time to drop.  If I was teaming I would use it more but I am cutting through small groups fast even in kill alls.  Running at +0/x1 standard.  When i get a six pack of Longbow with a boss you know I am stunning (doesnt last but gives breathing room) debuff toggle the boss, and fear the group (sooo nice) then i can choose to burn the boss or pick at the adds.  The two heals on Dark Dark are insanely good.  I have proc Life Drain with Theft of Essence and the Corr ATO +end. That thing is doing triple duty.., heavy attack, great heal, and blue recharge

2 minutes ago, Thrax said:

I've tried several times to do some AT with dark blast just cause I like the cone that immobilizes with all the tentacles.  Can't get into it though for some reason.  

Dark Blast is pretty lopsided on a Blaster.  I do not feel it pairs well with Dark, though I have run a Dark Dark Soul Blaster for over 1000 badges lol   

Now that I am digging into what makes a Corruptor tick, I feel Dark Blast fits perfectly there.  Dark Dark is a beautiful pairing.  Although understanding it is key.  No buildup?  Drop Tar patch before the Nuke and knock 30% off damage resistance....  Although late game Dark^3 Corr gets a larger AoE Soul Drain, so.... quite nice.  Its really a matter of learning how you are disassembling mobs rather than just raw damage.  Dark Blast works better with that due to its slightly odd DoT, to hit debuffs, and immob, KD and other "petty" gambits that all add up to checkmate.  Now in a raw damage +4/x8 ITF where the mobs are melting to incarnate nukes this means little, but in a tough fight it sure turns the tides.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have so many issues, I saw the subject line and couldn't not put it to the tune of ice ice baby.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 1/9/2023 at 9:55 PM, Snarky said:

Dark Blast is pretty lopsided on a Blaster.  I do not feel it pairs well with Dark, though I have run a Dark Dark Soul Blaster for over 1000 badges lol 

Ain’t that the truth. But I love my Darkx3 undergod (err… underdog) blaster. Who am I kidding? I love *all* my Darkx3 characters!

For the Corruptor, Teleport Other has been a real game changer in difficult encounters. Pulling defeated teammates into the scrum before firing off Howling Twilight for an overpowered rez. Divine. Combat Teleport for firing off Soul Drain and Blackstar? Yum. And otherwise has all the tools to handle just about any situation imaginable. It’s just so much easier to build this beast than on Love it’s ridiculous. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I do not have much room for pools.  I am taking all the Dark Blast except T1.  The plan was to take all Dark Miasma except the ST Hold and Black Hole.  I want (and will take) all 5 Dark epic.  That squeezes it down to 4 picks left.  Flight, my preferred travel.  Hasten.  Two left.  The plan was leadership.   The more I look the less I like. This Corruptor suffers from End issues.  The payoff is weak

Now I have Black Hole as I am running 30-34 content.  I actually like it!   I also notice the pet randomly places a Hold on peeps.  Maybe I should take that ST hold…

It might not be the most efficient tactic but when the mobs in a room were situated properly I liked corner-pulling with Darkest Night.  I'd put the anchor on a mob towards the back, so that group would run past another group and the debuff would aggro them as well.  Run around a corner and drop Tar Patch as they were approaching.  Give them a chance to bunch up, then pop out around the corner and start blasting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carroto said:

It might not be the most efficient tactic but when the mobs in a room were situated properly I liked corner-pulling with Darkest Night.  I'd put the anchor on a mob towards the back, so that group would run past another group and the debuff would aggro them as well.  Run around a corner and drop Tar Patch as they were approaching.  Give them a chance to bunch up, then pop out around the corner and start blasting.

Thank you!  I never thought about that.

Finished 30-34 Redside today and levelled up to 39.  Picked up two Dark  Mastery powers. Dark Consumption and Oppressive Gloom.  Oppressive Gloom is a game changer, used in conjunction with Dark Pit it is a worthy stun. Even alone it keeps the minion’s entertained.   I have the wee beast heavily slotted for End so have not triggered Dark Consumption yet.  It is there as an O crap button in case I get drained mostly.

My tactics are tightening up with the powers.  I am soloing a lot to knock out these arcs and learn the basics of each power and how I can get the most out of them. As I team the strategies will change.  But I can tell already I will never run this like a Dark Blaster again.  Dark Dark Dark mystifies the mobs and is (in my opinion) a better form of control than a Dom.  Sure, they can attack still. They will miss usually.  My armor is having everyone near me immobilized, stunned, feared, and to hit debuffed.  If they are a priority they also get a regen debuff and a few hard hitting ST attacks, usually while they are standing in tar patch.   It is quite addicting.  Not as fast as pure blasting. But soooo many more options 

Edited by Snarky

Finished 34-39 content yesterday and am knocking out as much as I can of 40-44 now.  

As Dark Mastery powers come in the build tightens up.  Soul Drain gives that oompfh needed against a lot of mobs.  Loving the larger AoE on Dark Mastery than anywhere else I get the power.  It may have cured my tanker AoE jealousy.  Dark Consumption is rarely used, as planned.  Generally in fights that are Mu heavy, and even then it is just a luxury instead of eating endless blues.  perfect.  I shored up that Blue with Panancea, Miracle, Numina, Perf Shift proc, Perf +end, and two End mods.  plus ToE in both the heals.... Dark Dark will eat its own blue bar if you let it.  Oppresive Gloom stacking with Dark Pit is a beautiful thing.  You see waaaaay too many?  Dark pit as you run up, now there is a Mag 4 stun on most mobs.  Tar patch, Soul Drain, Blackstar, slap Darkest night on the biggest thing standing.  step back and give them fearsome stare then start scourging what is left.  If that shit dont work (real bad) Soul Transfer, if it still looks horrid Black Hole, wave and RUNNNNNNNN

I 50d this thing on Sunday.  I have completed all redside content that cannot be done at 50.  I play it way different than Blasters now

Monday i saw a PUG oldschool LRSF for the badge. I joined good group.  Out one Blaster quit in the first 5 minutes.  Fing Blaster

We struggled on.  Did well.  Damage was a bit low.  The last fight started out a shit show.  I found my range finally.  Just inside Blackstar and thats as close as I get to that madness.   Again, been solo and not used to that much heat.  It was hot.  We coordinated (no discord just team chat) and did get the job done.  Fing Blaster

MSR Tuesday night and almost have Lore and Destiny opened.  I have  a Dark Dark 59d and incarcerated but this is my 2023 badge project. I will respec the other and move them to Everlasting for the rNdom times I will be there 

• Like 1

Grats on your journey, and a welcome for your other to Everlasting - the Lastingist place you’ll Ever be, you dirty vampire.

Are you doing a level 50 respec or have you decided to keep all the powers? 

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

1 hour ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Grats on your journey, and a welcome for your other to Everlasting - the Lastingist place you’ll Ever be, you dirty vampire.

Are you doing a level 50 respec or have you decided to keep all the powers? 

I did a respec to get into enhancers.  But i am keeping all Dark Dark Dark powers except the T1 blast.  That leaves room for fly and hasten.  I did keep the ST hold and Black Hole even.  Niche uses but I like the versatility.  I will tweak my build a bit then post.  I am also planning a Dark Dark Dark Corruptor guide templated off the Sentinel power set guides.  Great work over there.  My opinions will prob not be as on point or deep but I will throw them out there anyways.  Because….me!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1