SENTINELS !!!! SHOW THEM WHO YOU ARE !!!!

Heatstroke

On 5/26/2023 at 4:11 PM, MonteCarla said:

I played a Sentinel (Rad Blast/Regen), and very much enjoyed the survivability out of the box when I soloed.

That's my favorite combo of Sentinel so far.

Been playing a Storm Blast/Dark sentinel and it's going to take a bit of tweaking.  Mainly because I have no idea how currently. 😄

Other than being End hungry it's a fun combo.

• 1 month later
On 7/20/2023 at 10:51 PM, Crysis said:

Sents are literally the perfect beginners hero AT.  Highly survivable, mez defense, decent but not great damage.  Tank mages, but scaled down dps.  Fun to play, but you tend to outgrow them quickly.

I havent outgrown Sents yet... just about to start another one....  and I have played every AT in the game to 50...

Edited by Heatstroke

On 7/21/2023 at 4:51 AM, Crysis said:

Sents are literally the perfect beginners hero AT.  Highly survivable, mez defense, decent but not great damage.  Tank mages, but scaled down dps.  Fun to play, but you tend to outgrow them quickly.

Nonsense. Character concept > anything else. Furthermore there are plenty of concepts like Iron Man type power armour wielding heroes that go best with Sentinel. Also they have the fastest recharge on their T9s so if you are into spamming one of those sentinels will let you blast to your heart's content. Their AT active is also appreciated in group content. I have not once seen anyone asking someone to leave because they are sentinel and I had groups with 3 or more sentinels and we did just fine. In fact I recently ran a SBB with a sentinel, 2 defenders and me on a controller and it was smooth sailing. They have a place and perform well enough. Blasters are overrated. The only people who care overly much about not playing sentinels and try to bad mouth them in an effort that they are no played seems to be a particular brand of elitist min-maxers that I can happily give a wide berth in-game.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Sykar said:

Nonsense. Character concept > anything else. Furthermore there are plenty of concepts like Iron Man type power armour wielding heroes that go best with Sentinel. Also they have the fastest recharge on their T9s so if you are into spamming one of those sentinels will let you blast to your heart's content. Their AT active is also appreciated in group content. I have not once seen anyone asking someone to leave because they are sentinel and I had groups with 3 or more sentinels and we did just fine. In fact I recently ran a SBB with a sentinel, 2 defenders and me on a controller and it was smooth sailing. They have a place and perform well enough. Blasters are overrated. The only people who care overly much about not playing sentinels and try to bad mouth them in an effort that they are no played seems to be a particular brand of elitist min-maxers that I can happily give a wide berth in-game.

I just wanna nitpick and point out that Full Auto and Rain of Arrows actually recharge slower on Sents than other ATs, with no compensation either.

But otherwise I agree that Sents are more than just a "training wheels" AT.

Also I wanna point out that it's ironic for the guy named "Crysis" to say that Sents are only training wheels since Sents can actually do a Crysis character concept better than other ATs. Crysis is a game about shooting stuff (ranged attacks) and the Nanosuit is a semi-organic symbiote that rapidly adapts to its environment with mutually exclusive toggles for stuff like armor and strength (literally Bio Armor to the letter). I had a Crysis-inspired Beam/Bio Sent and it was pretty beastly even before the AT got revamped. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

• 4 weeks later
On 2/17/2023 at 2:57 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

I wouldn't call it cruise control.

Soloing an AV-level Clockwork King on a solo Synapse became a bit of a heart-in-mouth experience... but did it. With the very last scrap of END, no inspirations left.

BTW, Agent Chernekoska ("Black Cat") is Dual Pistols/Ninja/Ninja, and a hell of a lot of fun to play.

I might reroll my Egon-clone Ghostbuster (Beam/Ninja) at some point with a different Secondary.

Any other fun ideas?

Just yesterday I was running duo with my Archery/Ninja/Ninja and a Ss/Energy brute. 

We ran at +3 and did the Wildflower arc from Crimson. The two of us competently chewed through Malta at +3/8 at a pretty good clip. The Brute was quite impressed. 

I keep looking at the build and where to shore it up, but I can't find anything I'd change. Ok, I swapped an acc/DMG/rech IO for a toxic proc. Beyond that it's hard to improve on. 

- 50/42/42 positional defenses with just Ninjitsu + Maneuvers, with Barrier and Kujin Retsu for godmode level def.

- 65% range boost

- 75% DMG boost

- capped run speed with only Infiltration. 

- 50% to hit boost before Aim

- 5 AOEs counting Incarnates/4 ST attacks. 

- Decimation proc letting me have twice as many build-up instances. 

- 2 fire DMG procs

- 2 toxic procs

- hybrid assault double strike proc

- pyronic Judgement with the prolonged "I am on fire" effect

- robot drones, doing dmg and adding another bubble. 

so yeah I bet DP nin-nin is great too. Try the archery version!

• Like 1