Put the Statesman Task Force and Lord Recluse Strike Force back as they were

Vanden

5 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Without the intellect of a Dr Manhattan.  Sometimes it was a good thing he didn't wear sneakers since I'm not sure he could tie his shoes.

Still, I'm not really sure why there'd be a question about Oro for the STF, other than the contact who assigns the TF, some of the flavor text and LR's rant at the end there's no change in the STF/MLTF.  Same missions, same enemies, it's all still the same.

I can't see an issue now, and the only thing I can think of on live was either legal or a wish to distance the game from Mr Emmett???

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Just now, boggo2300 said:

I can't see an issue now, and the only thing I can think of on live was either legal or a wish to distance the game from Mr Emmett???

No, I meant I can't see why we'd need an Oro for the original STF since other than the TF contact and a bit of flavor text there's no change to it when it became the MLTF.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

No, I meant I can't see why we'd need an Oro for the original STF since other than the TF contact and a bit of flavor text there's no change to it when it became the MLTF.

Oh right, sorry on the right page now,  yeah really only the costume is different 😄  Gotta say I always thought he looked a bit shall we say smug standing there like he did

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

15 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

Oh right, sorry on the right page now,  yeah really only the costume is different 😄  Gotta say I always thought he looked a bit shall we say smug standing there like he did

He was always a smug holier than thou SOB, both the character and the Dev so that was always totally in character.

• Haha 1

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 11/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, boggo2300 said:

... and honestly I get around the Penny thing by not going into Faultline 😄

Or do it the easy way -- be lazy about doing Jim Temblor's missions, and make sure you are 21 by the time you turn in his last mission, and he'll send you directly to Doc Delilah instead of Penny, skipping her completely while continuing the storyline in the zone.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Or do it the easy way -- be lazy about doing Jim Temblor's missions, and make sure you are 21 by the time you turn in his last mission, and he'll send you directly to Doc Delilah instead of Penny, skipping her completely while continuing the storyline in the zone.

Well my main reason for avoiding Faultline is Fusionette, and your plan doesn't avoid her 😄

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 11/11/2019 at 10:03 PM, boggo2300 said:

Well my main reason for avoiding Faultline is Fusionette, and your plan doesn't avoid her 😄

Fusionette doesn't really get airheaded until you run into her again in the Rikti War Zone; in the two missions you have with her from Jim Temblor, she behaves a lot more sane and responsibly than Flambeau ever does.

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Fusionette doesn't really get airheaded until you run into her again in the Rikti War Zone; in the two missions you have with her from Jim Temblor, she behaves a lot more sane and responsibly than Flambeau ever does.

I still want to punch her the second I see her!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I must confess that I rather miss the old coot.  If nothing else, he was an irresistable figure to make fun of.  His characterization in-game, and in the official comics, did nothing to discourage that.   The fact that he was the in game avatar of Jack Emmert also helped.  For a while I had published on Homecoming an AE arc, The Great American Skull Fry, in which Statesman gets slipped some tainted water from the Well and ended up getting captured by Skulls.  He is rescued by the players and Flower Knight.  (I'd put it up again but I still haven't persuaded anyone to open up more AE slots.) 

And Who...Will...Die????  is one of the worst comic book tropes ever, so very 1992. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

2 hours ago, Crysta Clear said:

The world updates when canon characters die or change. This is a good thing, and it gives consistency to the world. Statesman is dead. Let him stay dead. There are far more interesting characters to focus on instead.

Ding Dong the Statesdweeb is dead!  Statesman the Dev was a jerk and Statesman the character was a egotistical jackass.  Or maybe the other way around?

Spoiler