Homecoming Server Update (June 12th): Justin Beta Stress Test Event!

GM Tempest

• Game Master

Hi, everyone!

We have a special stress test event to announce today, happening this Saturday (June 15th) and we’re hoping you’ll be able to join us Justin-time to participate!

Where?

Kallisti Wharf on our beta shard, Justin! To get to Kallisti Wharf, you can use the Paragon City Monorail (Blue side) or the Smuggler’s Submarine (Red side)!

When?

What?

Costume Contest

We all know you love a good costume contest - so do we! We’ll be running a costume contest on Justin this Saturday! No particular theme for this one, so bring whatever you think can wow the crowd!

Winners will receive rewards on the shard and character of their choice on live, so feel free to come on over and show off your best threads. We’ll also be streaming it on the official Homecoming Twitch channel for those of you just wanting to watch!

Monster Mash

We have harvested a fine selection of the meanest mobs, the angriest antagonists, the ugliest usurpers, the vilest villains and the foulest fiends for you to thoroughly trounce in your craziest builds.

These freshly-picked, server-ripened mobs will be provided to you free of charge by our GM Artisans, who will carefully select only the finest vintages of angry NPCs to try to murder the everloving crap out of you and your friends.

Prizes?

Winners of the Justin Costume Contest will receive the following prizes:

• 1st place: 500 Reward Merits, the Fashion Victim badge, and the title ‘Justin Costume Contest Winner’
  • 2nd place: 250 Reward Merits, the Fashion Victim badge, and the title ‘Justin Costume Contest 2nd place’
  • 3rd place: 100 Reward merits, the Fashion Victim badge, and the title ‘Justin Costume Contest 3rd place’

We may adjust these prizes and the number of winners based on how many people show up!

Winners will receive their rewards on the shard and character of their choosing upon winning the contest.

Why?

We want to put Justin through its paces in order to test a new database architecture - so please help us out and join in with the festivities!

Assuming all goes well, this should result in significantly increased stability and reduced load time for the character select screen.

What is Justin?

Justin-case you haven’t seen what we’ve been up to with this Justin server thing, here’s a quick rundown!

Justin is a beta server, where we’re testing the bleeding-edge alterations we’re working on for the game. It features some adjustments, bug fixes, and balance alterations to balance and powers that may be added to live once we’ve ironed out the bugs.

To get access to Justin, just launch the Homecoming (Beta) option in Tequila!

It’s also a neat way to test out builds! You can instantly set yourself to level 50, spawn in IOs and set enhancements to test out, and generate unlimited influence! Check out this guide or this popmenu from NobleKangaroo for more info.

Justin is, however, a beta server, and regular wipes will occur - do not get attached to anything on this server, as wipes will happen, and often!

For those of you who have made accounts recently: Good news! During our Thursday maintenance window we will be copying all new accounts over to Justin’s database, allowing you to log in using the account you’ve created for the main servers. This process should be complete by Friday.

Later This Month: Pop Culture Costume Contest!

Your votes were cast, counted, and confirmed to indeed not be a Nemesis Plot. As a result...our theme this time...Pop Culture! Fashion, music, and the finest memes, bring your A-Game on for the most amazing pop-culture references you can think of.

This will be part of our monthly Costume Contest we will be holding, of which we’re going to work on getting a schedule going properly.

Additional details will come in a later announcement!

We want to put Justin through its paces in order to test a new database architecture

Oh, nice, I was wondering how those DB optimizations were coming along. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly and we can start seeing faster "retrieving character list" times!  ;D

6PM my time, Saturday? Unless my friends and I end up hanging out that weekend for one of their birthdays, I might actually make this one, just have to make sure to either eat dinner early or late in order to have the time to attend.

• City Council

Will the mobs be ethically sourced?

Well, they will be spawned from the finest popmenus the team has to offer, and probably won't cause too many crashes. So, maybe?

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

How did the stress test go?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I announced this event Friday night on Paragon Radio (formerly known as Save CoH Radio). I hope that helped spread the word. Sadly, RL events caused me to miss the fun myself :( .I hope you all had a blast though!  :)