Electricity Affinity : Amp Up , needs a buff

Outrider_01

I know you all gonna disagree, but I find Amp kind of useless with that long recharge and single target use; its kindof meh.

• +50.00%% strength to recharge 
  • +60.00%% strength to healing
  • +60.00%% strength to absorption
  • +60.00%% strength to endurance
  • +60.00%% strength to fly speed
  • +60.00%% strength to All Control powers Hold/Sleep/Fear ect
  • +36.00%% strength to defense debuff
  • +36.00%% strength to to hit

There is only 3 useful abilities there, recharge / defense debuff / to hit .  And even defense debuff is the low end of the spectrum, considering how easy it is to knock baddies to the hospital.

And it drains endurance and KD, which is so so since it jumps target to target.

It needs to add a small damage proc ability that AoE, kind of like Radiation melee.  Not a huge amount of damage, but to theme it and make the utility of this single target buffer useful.

Or make it an AoE small heal as it drains endurance, procs from bad guys to nearby allies.

• Thumbs Down 4

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Empower an ally with raw energy, causing all of their abilities to unleash chained bolts of electricity at nearby foes. These bolts drain a small amount of endurance and have a chance to knock up the target. Amp Up also moderately increases their attack rate and greatly boosts the secondary effects of their powers. Their power effects like heals, defense debuffs, endurance drains, disorients, holds, immobilizes and more, are all improved.

+60% to healing. Because when used on someone with a heal power, regardless of heal self or heal other, gives them even more health when used. Benefits most melee ATs and several ranged ATs.

+60% to absorption. Doesn't say only for powers, so I'm guessing also affects procs that grant absorption. Also of benefit to melee ATs that automatically get absorption. (Edit: Also benefits anyone you use Insulating Circuit on.)

+60% to endurance. Because having a larger END pool to fuel your powers is always a good thing. Particularly useful for characters that still rely on Cardiac(?) to stay in a fight.

+60% to fly speed. Situational.

+60% to all controls. Because Dominators, Controllers, and characters with control procs slotted getting a boost to their ability to control the fight is a good thing.

Looks like there are more than just 3 useful abilities in that mix. And that doesn't even count the END drain and chance of KU the enhanced character gets against enemies without even needing to do anything.

Edit: +36% Base Defense, ToHit Strength (all affected targets) for 90s . You also missed the boosts target's defense portion.

+60% RunningSpeed (all affected targets) for 90s. And the boost to running speed.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=controller_buff.shock_therapy.amp_up&at=controller

This is literally a boost everything but the kitchen sink power. The only things it doesn't boost are resists and damage.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "absorption" spelling.
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Looks like there are more than just 3 useful abilities in that mix. And that doesn't even count the END drain and chance of KU the enhanced character gets against enemies without even needing to do anything.

1 person.....long recharge.  The endurance drain is miniscule at that level its available and the KD is minion level.  A small damage proc would be just as effective.

8 minutes ago, Rudra said:

+60% to absorption. Doesn't say only for powers, so I'm guessing also affects procs that grant absorption. Also of benefit to melee ATs that automatically get absorption.

Doubtful, nothing affects procs themselves, except maybe damage and that needs an outside source like -resist on the target.  Not many sets get absortion, many get heals but again...1 person and even electric itself has it covered

8 minutes ago, Rudra said:

+60% to endurance. Because having a larger END pool to fuel your powers is always a good thing. Particularly useful for characters that still rely on Cardiac(?) to stay in a fight

Modication, not increase pool.  Not to mention, even slotting 3 Endurance mod in stamina adds a grand total of .5 endurance.  Endurance reduc on the toon hit with Amp is worth more in the long run.  Hell, a reduction in endurance cost and an AoE buff would be more useful.

12 minutes ago, Rudra said:

+60% to all controls. Because Dominators, Controllers, and characters with control procs slotted getting a boost to their ability to control the fight is a good thing.

Not as useful as +ACC, recharge, and control power enhancement for single target.  Seeing as how the AoE are on asinine recharge and target capped, holding a bunch of minions who dies fast isn't worth the long recharge on Amp.

Again, it needs a slight buff for 1 person or reduce the recharge because it only affects 1 person while being on a timer equal to a group buff.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

5 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Not as useful as +ACC, recharge, and control power enhancement for single target.

32 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

+36.00%% strength to to hit

+50.00%% strength to recharge 

+60.00%% strength to All Control powers Hold/Sleep/Fear ect

So the power is not as useful as what it already does?

Edit: You may only be able to target a single ally with this power, but when that ally is also a Controller or Dominator, then that Controller's/Dominator's accuracy, recharge, and mez effectiveness goes up for all their controls. (Also, Blasters, Corruptors, and Defenders to a lesser extent.)

Edited by Rudra

No. It's already a very nice buff on its own... and then you have to look at *everything else the set does.*

It needs to be buffed like water needs to be more wet.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

22 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

I know you all gonna disagree

You're right.

Electric Affinity is already a top tier set. Amp Up is a good power, not a great power, but a good one.  Buffing a top tier set seems.... unnecessary?

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

23 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

. . .

Modication, not increase pool.  Not to mention, even slotting 3 Endurance mod in stamina adds a grand total of .5 endurance

. . .

Why are you slotting Stamina with three plain EndMods, and no Performance Shifter? It's not that hard to get a Performance Shifter global by the time you're at the beginning of its level range.

Edited by Aida LaCanthe

It seems like a ST ally buff geared more toward support characters, instead of all the ones traditionally aimed at damage dealers.  It may not be to your liking, but having a diversity of buffs is a good thing, IMHO.  You also already have empowering circuit that adds the damage and tohit, can benefit multiple characters, (possibly even yourself if it chains thusly), and is on a much shorter cooldown.

Edited by biostem

• 2 weeks later

Adding a small AOE to the buff, say 5' rad might be nice, only because it is a t9 power, and should be up there with Inferno, Dawn Strike, Thunder Storm, etc in it's impact to the game.

I have a now 50 MM Mercs/Electric leveled up largely in a group (22+ was in a group of 6-8 Merc MM with an occasional person or 2 of another class when doing TF's - OMG the noise 8 Merc MM can make)

No one ever complained when I put Amp Up on them instead of my Commando.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

On 2/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, Aida LaCanthe said:

Why are you slotting Stamina with three plain EndMods, and no Performance Shifter?

More to the point, why not the Performance Shifter proc and a Performance Shifter End Mod? The latter works exactly like a common End Mod enhancement, except that it can be attuned, so you don't need to upgrade it as you level, and you get the two-piece set bonus (7.5% movement, iirc).

This is a new ish power recently ish added to the game. The powers were pretty thoroughly gone over before they went live. The likelihood of the Devs spending time to go over them again is pretty low.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 2/17/2023 at 7:59 AM, srmalloy said:

More to the point, why not the Performance Shifter proc and a Performance Shifter End Mod? The latter works exactly like a common End Mod enhancement, except that it can be attuned, so you don't need to upgrade it as you level, and you get the two-piece set bonus (7.5% movement, iirc).

Yep, if you're gonna put two placed slots in Stamina, then 2-slot Performance Shifter and the heal proc from Power Transfer is kinda the way to go.