Wentworths Assigned Sell Amount to Wrong Item After Confirmation Popup

LondonRook

Let me preface this by saying:  I can't say for certain that this isn't my own stupidity (I really doubt that it is), but I wanted to post this in case someone else had the same problem.

I was using the Auction House in steel canyon today, posting a Miracle: End/Heal/Absorb Recipe for 17,000,000; and it didn't post.  This ate 850,000 inf which is not an insignificant amount for a low level toon.  It came up with a popup asking if I was sure I wanted to spend that amount because of the relatively large transaction fee.  I clicked yes.

When nothing changed status, I removed them from WW to see if that would help, and it let me take the recipe back into my inventory. I checked back later in the day to find that another item posted for the same amount.  A Second Wind that obviously isn't going to sell.

Again, I can't say for 100% certainty that this isn't just a colossal user error, but I thought I'd put this on peoples radars in case there were similar issues stemming from the game assigning the wrong item the trade value when the confirmation popup occurs.

Never got that inf back either way.  I'm getting mixed signals in chat about if you're supposed to get that trading fee back, but I'm far more concerned about the potential bug then the loss of money.

Reuninion Server, playing from America, so perhaps lag had something to do with it.

This exact thing happened to me the other day as well - twice. I assumed I wasn't paying attention properly the first time, but the second time I figured something was up.

I had my cursor scaling turned up to 125% at the time, and I noticed when clicking on map marker toggles it would sometimes click two instead of one. I haven't had it happen since I turned the cursor scaling back to 100%, but I generally keep just the thing I want to sell there just in case.

And no you don't get any trading fees back by design. You pay 5% to post something for sale and don't get anything back if you remove the listing, and another 5% when it sells.

• 1 month later

I had this same thing happen to me today. I am 100% certain it was a bug and not user error. I am not able to post full details at the moment but I will do so tomorrow.

I'll preface this by saying that there is an uncommon and relatively minor bug where occasionally, after clicking the 'Post' button and OK'ing the listing fee confirmation, nothing happens. It happens often enough that I have accepted it as a minor annoyance and in all cases repeating the posting process results in a successful posting.

Yesterday I was in Skyway City and I tried to post a Panacea enhancement for 7,510,000. The confirmation window mentioned the 375,500 listing fee and I clicked OK. Nothing happened (or so I thought). So I tried posting it again, confirmed the 375,500 listing fee, and again nothing happened.

This behavior seemed odd so I checked my chat history and I noticed that twice the auction house charged me a fee of 3,755,000, or 50% of the list fee. At this point I filed a bug report ticket and held off on any further auction house activity.

An hour or so later I was looking at my selling tab and noticed that I had two stacks of 10 common salvage for sale for 7,510,000 each (75,100,000 total for each stack). That's when I realized the AH had posted the wrong item.

I'll note that, on this character, I have some common IO recipes and some stacks of common salvage stored in my AH inventory as overflow because my base storage is not extensive and I've been working on my invention memorization badges. I had no intention of selling those stacks of common salvage and I would not have accidentally tried to list them. The amount I saw in the listing fee confirmation window corroborates this, because if I had accidentally tried to list the common salvage, the listing fee would have shown as 3,755,000, and I definitely remember it was 375,500. I've read enough horror stories in the "Oops" thread in the Market subforum that I am always deliberate and careful with my listings and I always check the number in the confirmation window, especially for a high price item like that Panacea IO.

I've included some screenshots below of the fee showing up in my chat (I took those after the second attempt, when I realized something was amiss) and of the two stacks of salvage I later discovered for sale.

ah_bug.png

• 3 years later
On 8/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

Yesterday I was in Skyway City and I tried to post a Panacea enhancement for 7,510,000. The confirmation window mentioned the 375,500 listing fee and I clicked OK. Nothing happened (or so I thought). So I tried posting it again, confirmed the 375,500 listing fee, and again nothing happened.

This seems to be lag related.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.