Mouse Cursor

Crossie

Maybe this is already a thing and I just don't know about it but I lose my mouse cursor when playing this game ALL THE TIME!  I'd love to be able to make it much larger than it is or an obvious bright yellow shade or something.  I can't tell you how many mis clicks I do and sometimes just hope I am targeting the ground around me when using ground target abilities.  Is there a mod I can install for this or an option menu to modify my mouse cursor I don't know about? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Astralock said:

Yes.  Try the High Contrast Cursors Mod available here.  You'll need the City Mod Installer, which you can read more about at -

Thank you so much!  I'll give this a try.  If it works, it should be added as a standard feature IMO. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Crossie said:

Is there a mod I can install for this or an option menu to modify my mouse cursor I don't know about? 

In addition to the mod that Astralock linked, there is also an options menu setting that will adjust the cursor size. Go to Options > Windows and in the top section labeled 'User Interface', look at the bottom of the section for the slider labeled 'Cursor Scale'. It will slide up to 200% of normal size.

Here's a link to an older post of mine with a picture of the above interface window, and some links to some other cursor resources.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
more enboldening
  • Like 2

• 10 months later
27 minutes ago, SylvanMansion said:

The cursor change or resizing it in the game doesn't seem to work for my Samsung UHD Monitor.

Check your owner manual for settings that may be affecting it. Also check to see if your OS has a high visibility function turned on that may be overriding it.

19 hours ago, Rudra said:

Check your owner manual for settings that may be affecting it. Also check to see if your OS has a high visibility function turned on that may be overriding it.

Thank you for your answer.

In truth, everything worked perfectly in COH with the mods prior to adding another monitor.  All I did was add the Samsung UHD as the second monitor to use. did not install any software (it worked beautifully just plugging it in). I even swapped monitors in the ports. The same thing was happening in the old HP monitor now, too. I have no idea why the mouse cursor is an issue now. 

I did uninstall COH and start over, and still the same. 

I checked for "high visibility" in my OS settings, but it's set to the same "none" before adding the monitor.

Edited by SylvanMansion

8 minutes ago, SylvanMansion said:

Thank you for your answer.

In truth, everything worked perfectly in COH with the mods prior to adding another monitor.  All I did was add the Samsung UHD as the second monitor to use. did not install any software (it worked beautifully just plugging it in). I even swapped monitors in the ports. The same thing was happening in the old HP monitor now, too. I have no idea why the mouse cursor is an issue now. 

I did uninstall COH and start over, and still the same. 

I checked for "high visibility" in my OS settings, but it's set to the same "none" before adding the monitor.

This won't resolve your issue, but remove your new monitor and see if the cursor change or resize start working again with just your old monitor. If it does, then try it again with just the new monitor. If it still works fine with just either monitor but it doesn't work when you use both monitors? Then maybe have your graphics card checked. (Assuming both monitors are plugged into a single card here.)

• Like 1

Okay, so long story short. I went to Samsung, downloaded the monitor's simple driver from their site (instead of using Plug n Play) and now everything works. 

I did all the items you selected to be aware of all those processes in the future. So, thank you again for taking the time to help me through this weird issue.  It is the kindness of our COH community is the reason this COH world is unique and wonderful :-)

• Thumbs Up 1