New Lore Summons

I am familiar with the Vorpal Judgement power. It summons clones that do an aerial spin kick to all targets in the non-target dependent cone.

That still makes no sense to me though. I must be missing something because it feels like you are saying non-MM characters getting a Doppelganger Lore pet would have their character (sans incarnate abilities) as twin pets using their array of attacks and defenses to fight while MM characters getting a Doppelganger Lore pet would have their character as twin pets using... what? They use the Vorpal Judgement animation to do what? They don't get their pet summons? (If they did get the MM's pet summons as well, then they would either be laughably weak if the pets' pets don't have the incarnate shifts applied or horrificly over-powered if the pets' pets do have the incarnate shifts applied. Not to mention that pets' pets reduce gained xp and inf' depending on how much of the damage the defeated mobs' damage was due to them. So either way, players' complaints about MMs on iTrials and other content where Lore pets would be used would be magnified. Whether because the pets are too weak to survive or they are cluttering the area or both.)

Or are you saying the Doppelganger Lore pets would all function like the Vorpal Judgement animation? And if that is the case, how would that work? What would be the difference of using the Mirror option on the Phantom Lore pets as opposed to twin clones of your character that don't have your character's attacks anyway? What attacks would the Vorpal Judgement animated Lore pets have access to? Or are they just periodically doing the judgement's one kick attack?

Edit: And of course I don't quote you and the post starts a new page, so my comment is just hanging off on its own to leave readers wondering what I am talking about....

Edited by Rudra

• 1 month later

I'd really like more Lore pets, specifically Devouring Earth. I have at least one character where DE is the most logical pick. Had to go Rularuu instead.

I do like the idea of Generic Minions, Vahz, and Undead/Vamps as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

21 hours ago, Kheprera said:

I'd really like more Lore pets, specifically Devouring Earth. I have at least one character where DE is the most logical pick. Had to go Rularuu instead.

Polar Lights make decent mitochondria, but I love to be able to summon devoured/crystals/mushrooms.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, biostem said:

Hear hear!  DE, Knives of Artemis, Malta Operatives, Council, Goldbrickers, Sky Raiders, Vahzilok, and so on...

Vahz are a bad choice for Lore pets because the Cadavers and Abominations move much more slowly than other options.

12 minutes ago, biostem said:
21 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Vahz are a bad choice for Lore pets because the Cadavers and Abominations move much more slowly than other options.

I'm sure they could figure it out/adjust it.

Sure. They could stick to Reapers, Mortificators, and Eidolons.

How about something new if people are looking for something undead? (I have never seen polar lights mobs except as Lore pets, so running with that.) Some options (that I'm calling Undead Lore):

Take the Grave Knight model from the Necromancy power set or a Black Knight (maybe a Chevalier) model. Call it a Death Knight. Make it a boss-tier mob with appropriate powers.

Take the Grave Knight model from the Necromancy power set. Call it a Grim Knight. It stays as a lieutenant-tier pet, but give it appropriate powers for a Lore pet.

(For both options, don't apply the normal undead movement penalty. These aren't shambling zombies.)

Take the Lich model from the Necromancy set and give it a little pizzazz or something, maybe a crown. Call it an Archlich. Make it a boss-tier mob with appropriate powers.

Take the Lich model from the Necromancy set. Still call it a Lich. It stays as a lieutenant-tier pet, but give it appropriate powers for a Lore pet.

(For both options, don't apply the normal undead movement penalty. These aren't shambling zombies.)

Take the Ghosts faction (not from Croatoa). Use the boss and lieutenant tier mobs as Lore pets. Which may require modifying the the mobs powers.

For the minions for the T1 and T2 powers? Use the minion ghosts or the zombies from Zombie Horde. Probably the ghosts since they move faster.

13 minutes ago, biostem said:

I'm not against that, but it wouldn't be Vahzilok.

It's not supposed to be. The Vahzilok are a level 1-20 faction. If the devs want to take them and make Lore pets out of them, I don't care. Asking for undead pets has come up multiple times (edit: across multiple threads). That is all my last post was about. Making an undead option for Lores.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

The Vahzilok are a level 1-20 faction.

It's really not relevant.  The "reflections" aren't a 1-for-1 copy of the existing enemies - look at the Carnival Seneschal and the powers the lore one gets vs the regular enemy group version.  For all intents and purposes, it's a wholly new (friendly) NPC that just so happens to use an existing character model...

1 hour ago, Starhammer said:

I really just wish Tiki Men and Masks were available among Banished Pantheon lore pets.

Maybe tweak the BP spirits/totems into a new "Banished Spirits" lore;  The totem could be your heavy-hitter (boss-tier), one of the mask spirits could be your LT ranged attacker, and another as your buffer/healer...

• Thumbs Up 2