New Lore Summons

43 minutes ago, Soulstinger said:

Undead options please!

It'd be interesting if they added Vahzilok lores - you could have an abomination, mortificator, and a luminous eidolon as the buffer/healer, (all buffed to the appropriate level).

Another idea, which may be controversial, would be either 5th Column or Council, (probably the latter) - you could have a warwolf, a vampyri, and maybe a buffing ascendant, galaxy, or zenith.

I also think a Sky Raider lore would be great - you could have a captain, engineer, and a jumpbot.

Edited by biostem

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

It'd be interesting if they added Vahzilok lores - you could have an abomination, mortificator, and a luminous eidolon as the buffer/healer, (all buffed to the appropriate level).

Since I'm pretty sure Vahzilok don't get that high, why not ghosts? I'm not talking about the Croatoa ghosts which don't get that high either, but the ghosts that show up in the level 45+ missions where you destroyed the world. At least one such mission exists on both blue and red side, so we know the mobs already exist without needing the devs to go back and figure out how to scale low- to mid-level foes to incarnate content.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Since I'm pretty sure Vahzilok don't get that high, why not ghosts? I'm not talking about the Croatoa ghosts which don't get that high either, but the ghosts that show up in the level 45+ missions where you destroyed the world. At least one such mission exists on both blue and red side, so we know the mobs already exist without needing the devs to go back and figure out how to scale low- to mid-level foes to incarnate content.

It shouldn't be that difficult to modify the existing Vahzilok enemies, but either way, it doesn't need to be an either-or scenario... we could have both.

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

It shouldn't be that difficult to modify the existing Vahzilok enemies, but either way, it doesn't need to be an either-or scenario... we could have both.

No! No! No! It must be either-or! Yeah, if the devs are fine with taking the time to buff the Vahzilok to be useful Lores, then by all means. More options = better. Was just throwing out something that would accomplish the OP's request for undead Lores that would be quick and simple to implement.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

if the devs are fine with taking the time to buff the Vahzilok to be useful Lores, then by all means.

Just as an example, one of the Carnie lores is a seneschal, which is basically a fire-breathing performer, but the lore version has thermal radiation powers instead, so the precedent for heavily modifying existing enemies is there...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Vahzilok aren't even undeads, they're Frankensteins

Well, reanimated dead, anyway.  I mean, the general trend of Incarnate lores is tougher attacker, weaker attacker, and utility/healing/buffing/debuffing.  It would be cool to have the devs hold a contest to have players submit 3 costumes that fit with a common lore theme along those lines...

Edited by biostem

I want new lores; however, while I'm not against lores of existing mobs, what I would prefer are more generic lore pets, possibly designed using the costume creator, that may suit a variety of concepts, such as the robots, phantoms, polar lights, etc. that we currently have.

I want:

• Generic costumed supers - Wearing tights (phantoms are close, but they have no faces)
  • Generic aliens - Wearing Biomorph/organic armor costume parts (BP are close, but very specifically ice-themed)
  • Generic magic - Night ward living spells
  • Generic steampunk - various gunslinger/steampunk parts
  • Generic pulp adventurers - retro scifi parts
  • Generic beastpeople - eagle and minotaur heads

etc.

1 hour ago, Zect said:

I want new lores; however, while I'm not against lores of existing mobs, what I would prefer are more generic lore pets, possibly designed using the costume creator, that may suit a variety of concepts, such as the robots, phantoms, polar lights, etc. that we currently have.

I want:

• Generic costumed supers - Wearing tights (phantoms are close, but they have no faces)
  • Generic aliens - Wearing Biomorph/organic armor costume parts (BP are close, but very specifically ice-themed)

etc.

Not actually a bad idea either. Sort of related is that I thought there should be lore pets based off MM minions likewise. Both generic, and also allows MMs to basically have an army of their pets!

19 hours ago, Zect said:

I want:

etc.

How about like Illusion we get Lores... OF OURSELVES!?

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Thats actually a pretty solid idea... Like they are "paths not gone down" so you could have like a tank version of you, a blaster version of you, a defender version of you... It would probably have to be a basic setup with a costume swap though, as I don't know if they could customize the powers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/12/2023 at 10:20 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

As someone whose main's "true power" is that there's a whole bunch of him (thus justifying having lots of alts under that name), this is something I've desperately wanted for a while.  I've just been using Phantoms, but doppelgangers would be so much better.

• Like 1

How would you work the doppelganger lore pets for MMs then? The lore pets just get to summon another 12-14 pets depending on power sets?

Edit: Mirror phantoms work because they would give the character a pre-defined benefit that just looks like your character. Actual doppelgangers like you encounter in some missions I have a hard time seeing working as lore pets because of the wildly variable capabilities of player characters.

Edited by Rudra

45 minutes ago, Rudra said:

How would you work the doppelganger lore pets for MMs then? The lore pets just get to summon another 12-14 pets depending on power sets?

I wonder if aping directly off the default allocation of powers for an AE NPC built using your primary and secondary would be too good to too weak, (I'm thinking the former, as they usually only have like 2-3 powers).

53 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Edit: Mirror phantoms work because they would give the character a pre-defined benefit that just looks like your character. Actual doppelgangers like you encounter in some missions I have a hard time seeing working as lore pets because of the wildly variable capabilities of player characters.

To borrow from an idea I once saw for a multiplicity MM pet set and its "blasts", rather than have exact matches, set it up so that their attacks summoned more "duplicates", using the Vorpal style animations, perhaps.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

To borrow from an idea I once saw for a multiplicity MM pet set and its "blasts", rather than have exact matches, set it up so that their attacks summoned more "duplicates", using the Vorpal style animations, perhaps.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

My Prae Resistance characters have been aching for good Prae Lores for ages.

Resistance?

Carnival of Light?

Eltentowners?

Meanwhile the Prae Bads are stacked:

Imperial Defense Force

Seers

War Works

Clockwork

I just don't get the imbalance. Heck at this point I'd even take Destroyers or Carnival of War.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot

41 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You know how when you use Vorpal Judgment, it summons a shadow/skeleton "clone" of you to do an attack animation on each enemy?  Duplicates could use similar animations, to make duplicates of duplicates for their attacks.

Edited by Lazarillo

So you are saying MM self lore pets would get to use Vorpal judgement attacks? That would be magnitudes more OP than just having them summon their pets. Sorry, but I am not seeing a way for the doppelganger lore to work. Each lore pet is built with set balances in mind. And using actual doppelgangers as lore pets breaks down with all the myriad ways characters can be built. To the point that the doppelganger lore pet would range from pathetically under-powered compared to other lore pets to eat everything in the game, always take the doppelganger pets over-powered. I am of the opinion that character clones as lore pets should stick to the Phantom pets with the Phantom Army mirror option.

Edited by Rudra
Edited for clarity.

22 minutes ago, Rudra said:

So you are saying MM self lore pets would get to use Vorpal judgement attacks? That would be magnitudes more OP than just having them summon their pets.

Not the attacks.  The animations.  It'd be no different (presumably!  Standard Code Rant applies!) from how, say, currently, a Succubus (from the Demons Lore pet) or Ember Demon (the MM pet) can hurl a fireball at stuff without having to use Pyronic Judgment, specifically.  Are you unfamiliar with what Vorpal Judgment looks like, perhaps?