The powerset you'd love, but you know will never be implemented

SteelRat70

The one power that I have always wanted to have access to, as it is actually in game already, is Twinshot's ability to create/summon an exact duplicate of herself that can be used as a psudo pet, including your costumes. This would scale with you, and would gain the same powers that you gain as you level up, and by the time you reached lvl 50, this duplicate would be an exact double of yourself except for possibly your T9 powers and/or your incarnate powers. You know, so there is some distinction between the two of you. 🙂

Next, I would think that either an adaption or absorbing man type armor set could be fun too. Like if you touch a particular object, you would gain the properties of it in some way (like if you touched a car, you could run fast and have good S/L resistance). And/or, when you are hit by any attack, no matter its source, you would gain a scaling % resistance to said attack type. Like if you got hit by a Troll's fire blast, the first time you would gain 25% resistance to it, the second time 50%, and lastly the third time 75% resistance to it (being scaled of course if you were a tanker, brute, scrapper, etc). 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

3 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

The one power that I have always wanted to have access to, as it is actually in game already, is Twinshot's ability to create/summon an exact duplicate of herself that can be used as a psudo pet, including your costumes. This would scale with you, and would gain the same powers that you gain as you level up, and by the time you reached lvl 50, this duplicate would be an exact double of yourself except for possibly your T9 powers and/or your incarnate powers. You know, so there is some distinction between the two of you. 🙂

Next, I would think that either an adaption or absorbing man type armor set could be fun too. Like if you touch a particular object, you would gain the properties of it in some way (like if you touched a car, you could run fast and have good S/L resistance). And/or, when you are hit by any attack, no matter its source, you would gain a scaling % resistance to said attack type. Like if you got hit by a Troll's fire blast, the first time you would gain 25% resistance to it, the second time 50%, and lastly the third time 75% resistance to it (being scaled of course if you were a tanker, brute, scrapper, etc). 🙂

eq2 enchanter gets clones. you can name them as your character, and they cast most of your spells.  they look just like you. can save your life in pvp. sorta like pa, but decent in that you might well confuse them for the player.  couple that with vanishes, insta stuns, confusions, dots... well, its the bestest of the classes imo.

It's sort of what the "Reverberant" pet does from Symphony Control.  If they were to enable something like Phantom Army's "Mirror Image" power customization option, you'd basically be there.

The issue with that type of armor set would be multifaceted:

1. Such a set would be very bad at withstanding the "alpha strike" from enemy groups.

2. While a large chunk of enemy groups stick to only a couple damage types, other groups have quite the range of them, which would constantly be knocking out the previous damage type you had been "adapting" to, when a new damage type attack comes in.

3. What would the underlying powerset actually look like?  Would you have a bunch of toggles that basically do nothing until you take damage of a certain type?

The only one I can think of honestly has a decent chance of being done. Sonic Melee. Why? It would give melee a way to do -Res. Since I prefer a blender style of play, I see no reason by current animations why Sonic Melee can't be insanely fast. Also, doing even partly Energy damage would be nice as well. It's the only set I could see rivaling Claws for me. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

27 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Squirrel MasterMind

Man, that's just nuts! (But a super cool suggestion too!)

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Mimic. Basically become any enemy you target and mimic, including their power sets, stats, and auras. Your character’s base powers would be sprint and brawl. Your base stats basically non-existent. You’re a normal with the ability to steal other’s powers and abilities. There can be a long timer for how long you can maintain the mimic. Mimicking EBs and AVs would be possible, but scaled down. 

Doppleganer. The same as above except you also duplicate the enemy to look exactly like them. 

Shape shifter. Change into any animal or creature. So many different ways to implement this. Easiest would be powers that temporarily altered stats and forced costume change emotes. Powers that altered stats and costumes would be mutually exclusive and could not be used at the same time. 

Chemistry. A powerset of interactions.  Powers within the set can interact with each other to create even more powerful effects or completely different effects. Fire mixed with air = aoe. Ice mixed with heat = water. Dirt mixed with wind = sandstorm.  Water mixed with fire = steam. 

Super Strength without Rage Crash.  There are a number of simple and some complex ways to balance out Super Strength to do same/similar damage. WITHOUT a crash that is a relic of a very long ago time in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Super Strength without Rage Crash.  There are a number of simple and some complex ways to balance out Super Strength to do same/similar damage. WITHOUT a crash that is a relic of a very long ago time in the game.

For real. The last time they tried to change Rage the "we can't possibly ever change any part of the game ever POWER CREEP!!!" brigade lost the goddamned minds and the changes were rolled back. These losers are the reason we can't have nice things.

17 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I don't understand why making it a toggle hasn't been done already unless the Devs think you must have a Rage crash. I'm all for unique sets, but there's a reason why Rage crash is only done on SS. Hell, Hemorrhage has a downside for 15 seconds, and it's that you can't gain Blood Frenzy. Rage is -20% Def for 10 seconds, no real damage for 10 seconds, and a 25% loss of your end. Those aren't even remotely compatible. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

I don't understand why making it a toggle hasn't been done already unless the Devs think you must have a Rage crash. I'm all for unique sets, but there's a reason why Rage crash is only done on SS. Hell, Hemorrhage has a downside for 15 seconds, and it's that you can't gain Blood Frenzy. Rage is -20% Def for 10 seconds, no real damage for 10 seconds, and a 25% loss of your end. Those aren't even remotely compatible. 

Because the "POWER CREEP!!!" commandos went apeshit the last time the devs tried to change it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Hm, sets that I'd love to see...

Masterminds:

Arachnos, Longbow, Carnival of <X>, Family, Wyvern, Legacy Chain, Devouring Earth, Rularuu, Mirror Images (Phantom Army without the taunt), Shriekers

Ranged sets:

Physical blasts (offensive force fields, mostly ranged smashing damage)

Defense sets:

Offhand weapon (could be just an appearance mod for the shield set)

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

Defense sets:

Offhand weapon (could be just an appearance mod for the shield set)

Roronoa Zoro approves.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.