Can we expect a new Issue with new powers, pool or ancillary and new costume parts like hair?

Mariposa

I know it's been a long time since the last update and our devs do a great job keeping things up.

I want to know if there are plans to expand the ancillary powers, or add new origins pools like tech/gadgets, or new powersets.

Also I think the game could use some hairstyles ported from NPCs if not new ones made from scratch.

I wish we could have some new stuff soon!

Short answer, yes.  New stuff is being worked on.

Long answer, the dev in charge of compiling all of the code changes took a break due to some real life issues.  My understanding is he was just recently able to start working on HC again, so hopefully within the next little while we should see new stuff.

What that new stuff is... I don't know.

• Thanks 3

What this team needs is more Defenders

Also they have a policy to never touch anything unique to a Lore/Canon character unless they can find a reason to. See: Aeon Gloves being across the new Gold Brickers.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

On 3/27/2023 at 11:31 PM, Shadeknight said:

Also they have a policy to never touch anything unique to a Lore/Canon character unless they can find a reason to. See: Aeon Gloves being across the new Gold Brickers.

That sucks because it leave us with 0 new costume parts added. A huge part of the game is customization, and besides being gigantic after a few years of updates we could use some new skins, npc costume parts and hairstyles.

We had some added. The Aeon gloves, Gold Bricker stuff (aside from their jetpacks)

But we won't get stuff like Scirocco's sword as a weapon option. If its entirely unique and cannot be mass-replicated (within reason) onto other NPCs? It won't be done.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Cat Girl is not a power.  Nor is bad acting.

Edited by High_Beam
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

An easy way to know what's being worked on is to join here and help with closed beta: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Jokes aside -- like that movie, for example! Ha! ZING!

Got 'em.

But seriously, jokes aside, Catwoman is known for using a particular weapon. A weapon which is already represented in the game, not with enough assets to be a powerset on its own already but enough that it would represent a pretty significant head start compared to developing a new set from scratch (accidental pun!). And which players have been asking for as a full powerset non-stop since those assets were introduced as part of another set.

I'm not on the Beta server or Discord, but if that isn't a reference to some kind of "whip combat" set, I will eat my hat. Wait, no. I like my hat. If it's not whips, I will force myself to sit down and watch the Catwoman movie all the way through from beginning to end as punishment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 3/28/2023 at 5:19 PM, Booper said:

There is a new powerset in the works, but I'm bad at hints.

Aha, hints! It’s a riddle powerset!

Tier 1: Old Standby (light damage, stun)

Tier 2: Rubik’s Force Cube (immobilize)

Tier 3: False Alarm (-DEF debuff)

Tier 4: Rot-13 (Slow)

Tier 5: Aim

Tier 6: Smug Superiority (Perception buff)

Tier 7: Say the Secret Word (win $100)

Tier 8: Scavenger Hunt (AOE knockback)

Tier 9: Vexing Conundrum (AOE Confuse)

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.