Farming?

SuperOlav

On 4/7/2023 at 10:22 AM, Scarlet Shocker said:

Lorry and Truck are two words that are often confused due to the appeared similarity in their meanings. Actually there is some difference between the two words. It is important to know that both truck and lorry are vehicles used for different purposes. A truck is generally a smaller vehicle when compared to a lorry.

It is interesting to note that a truck is described as a light vehicle. On the other hand a lorry is classified under heavy vehicles. This is one of the main differences between a truck and a lorry. It should be understood that a lorry is used for transporting heavy items and things such as logs of wood, machinery and the like. On the other hand a truck is used to transport small items and light weight goods such as household articles and the like.

The driver of a lorry needs to be more skillful in driving the vehicle than the driver of a truck. It is interesting to note that in the US a truck refers to a vehicle for carrying heavy goods. In the Britain, it refers to an open railway carriage or wagon for carrying freight. It is important to know that trucks are used in railway stations and airports. On the other hand lorries are used on the roads. These are the main differences between the two words truck and lorry.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-lorry-and-vs-truck/

This was a great description 

means big truck

6 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Sadly, 'not lying' is not the same as 'being right'.

When people are making FAR more brutes than any other AT, something needs to be fixed.

What really needs to be addressed is in the new farms teams working to round up and burn down larger groups.  

That’s right.  We need to Nerf Herders.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Left 1

16 hours ago, Luminara said:

Oh, so you didn't climb into the bowels of the forum to dredge up this thread so you could complain about a preferred play style being nerfed, you did it just to accuse the HC team of egotistically driven sadism.

Yeah, that's so much better.

To be fair, egotistic sadism is the norm in this world. Most “educated” people in the modern day seem to think we’re just soulless machines and the only purpose of life is to impose our will upon each other until death.  I usually expect anyone in charge of anything or with power over anyone to abuse it in some way for their own weird satisfaction. Just because they can. 

That’s just my experience living on this planet, and perhaps it’s made me a bit jaded.  Sorry if anyone took offense to my post. 😅

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 12:22 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

Lorry and Truck are two words that are often confused due to the appeared similarity in their meanings. Actually there is some difference between the two words. It is important to know that both truck and lorry are vehicles used for different purposes. A truck is generally a smaller vehicle when compared to a lorry.

It is interesting to note that a truck is described as a light vehicle. On the other hand a lorry is classified under heavy vehicles. This is one of the main differences between a truck and a lorry. It should be understood that a lorry is used for transporting heavy items and things such as logs of wood, machinery and the like. On the other hand a truck is used to transport small items and light weight goods such as household articles and the like.

The driver of a lorry needs to be more skillful in driving the vehicle than the driver of a truck. It is interesting to note that in the US a truck refers to a vehicle for carrying heavy goods. In the Britain, it refers to an open railway carriage or wagon for carrying freight. It is important to know that trucks are used in railway stations and airports. On the other hand lorries are used on the roads. These are the main differences between the two words truck and lorry.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-lorry-and-vs-truck/

Also, in the a lorry would equate to what it typically referred to a 'box truck', used for delivery of goods in more localized regions.

A truck can also refer to the set of non-drive wheels under a locomotive or rail car.

And because I will take any chance I can get to post about this, here is the Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy locomotive. To understand the enormity of this train, you can just see the shoulder of a person in the far right of the photo, compare them to the drive wheels. Those drive wheels are 68" in diameter (172.7cm), the overall length of locomotive and tender is just under 133' (40.47 m), and ways a staggering 594.75 tons (539548.1kg).

4-8-8-4_Big_Boy_4012_sm.thumb.jpg.0d470bd6847232e74a7600dbf05764be.jpg

Please excuse my train crush.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

52 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Also, in the a lorry would equate to what it typically referred to a 'box truck', used for delivery of goods in more localized regions.

A truck can also refer to the set of non-drive wheels under a locomotive or rail car.

And because I will take any chance I can get to post about this, here is the Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy locomotive. To understand the enormity of this train, you can just see the shoulder of a person in the far right of the photo, compare them to the drive wheels. Those drive wheels are 68" in diameter (172.7cm), the overall length of locomotive and tender is just under 133' (40.47 m), and ways a staggering 594.75 tons (539548.1kg).

4-8-8-4_Big_Boy_4012_sm.thumb.jpg.0d470bd6847232e74a7600dbf05764be.jpg

Please excuse my train crush.

That is a thing of beauty!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• 3 weeks later
On 4/7/2023 at 11:45 AM, catsi563 said:

yeah they shut down the one in Atlas and mercy for the same reason

I wish the AE building in Echo:Galaxy City was usable.

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1