Farming?

SuperOlav

7 minutes ago, SuperOlav said:

Hi, i just logged back in after 2years afk. Was lokking for the old firefarm stuff but now i cant find the building in atlas park anymore. Is this removed from the game? 

The Atlas Park AE was causing a lot of lag. Pocket D or other locations.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

yeah they shut down the one in Atlas and mercy for the same reason

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

4 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

What's a lorry?

If you are from the UK it's a truck (you hop in the back of a truck in King's Row). 

Fun fact - in the US we have a tongue twister: red leather, yellow leather. In the UK it's: red lorry, yellow lorry. I apologize in advance for wasting your time...

In Baltimore (US) where I am 'lorry' is a nickname for a woman named Laura. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gobbledygook said:

What's a lorry?

Serious question, I like learning stuff.

Lorry and Truck are two words that are often confused due to the appeared similarity in their meanings. Actually there is some difference between the two words. It is important to know that both truck and lorry are vehicles used for different purposes. A truck is generally a smaller vehicle when compared to a lorry.

It is interesting to note that a truck is described as a light vehicle. On the other hand a lorry is classified under heavy vehicles. This is one of the main differences between a truck and a lorry. It should be understood that a lorry is used for transporting heavy items and things such as logs of wood, machinery and the like. On the other hand a truck is used to transport small items and light weight goods such as household articles and the like.

The driver of a lorry needs to be more skillful in driving the vehicle than the driver of a truck. It is interesting to note that in the US a truck refers to a vehicle for carrying heavy goods. In the Britain, it refers to an open railway carriage or wagon for carrying freight. It is important to know that trucks are used in railway stations and airports. On the other hand lorries are used on the roads. These are the main differences between the two words truck and lorry.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-lorry-and-vs-truck/

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

It is interesting to note that in the US a truck refers to a vehicle for carrying heavy goods. In the Britain, it refers to an open railway carriage or wagon for carrying freight.

Or, to make things more confusing, 'truck' is also used in US rail operations, but is the name for the frame under the car to which the wheelsets are attached:

spacer.png

• 8 months later

Why exactly do the devs seem to hate farming? This is a twenty year old dead game… yet Brutes have been nerfed so many times.  

I think they nerf farmers because it feeds their ego in some way not gonna lie.

Edited by Azari
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Azari said:

Why exactly do the devs seem to hate farming? This is a twenty year old dead game… yet Brutes have been nerfed so many times.  

Are you okay? Farming is fine.

I don't do a heck of a lot of farming, but the rewards have been lowered there.  However, you can still get more out of farming than elsewhere.  It's just that elsewhere is a bit closer now.

Just not sure if the majority amount of influence generated is still from the meteor map.

On 4/7/2023 at 12:20 PM, loyalreader said:

In Baltimore (US) where I am 'lorry' is a nickname for a woman named Laura. 

Let's go get some Natty Boh's and smash evil Hon!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

3 hours ago, Azari said:

you can dig deeper than 8 months.  you arent even working the ground yet.

YARN | - Could be worse. - How? | Young Frankenstein (1974) | Video clips by quotes | 9002b29d | 紗

• Haha 3

8 month necro to beat that dead horse. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 hours ago, Azari said:

Sadly, 'not lying' is not the same as 'being right'.

When people are making FAR more brutes than any other AT, something needs to be fixed.

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

6 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

1.  Devs don't hate farming (well, at least most don't)

2.  Eighteen to be precise.

3.  Some brutes have been nerfed, some brutes have been buffed, sometimes the same brutes.

4.  Thank you for not lying about your feelings.

Thanks for not flaming me 🫡

2 hours ago, Azari said:

I dont even farm

Oh, so you didn't climb into the bowels of the forum to dredge up this thread so you could complain about a preferred play style being nerfed, you did it just to accuse the HC team of egotistically driven sadism.

Yeah, that's so much better.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Oh, so you didn't climb into the bowels of the forum to dredge up this thread so you could complain about a preferred play style being nerfed, you did it just to accuse the HC team of egotistically driven sadism.

Yeah, that's so much better.

Just like Christmas!

• Haha 2