A true Force Field Defender

Diantane

20 hours ago, Maelwys said:

image.png.d88116aed87073c32703addb1378a33e.png

Shoot the horse, use its skin to make a container and carry the water to a horse that will drink.

And, hey, steak.  Win - win.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/5/2023 at 10:42 AM, Doomguide2005 said:

And as I pointed out in one Empathy "healer" build threads unless you are running entirely on SOs the idea your blasts do nothing to help the build is incorrect even if removed from the toolbar.  They're called set bonuses.  Every single blast even unused to blast can potentially contribute to personal defenses, recharge, recovery and so forth.  Nevermind as Parabola points out the damage while behind a Scrappers or Blasters contributes to the overall damage output by the team as well as carries debuffs that weaken the foes ability to either survive the teams attacks or their ability to hurt the team (i.e. defend the team).  None of which should impair the characters ability to use their primary effectively.  About the only point I remotely agree with is I'd love to see those shields/bubbles slotted just as much as I'd like to see the blasts slotted and used.  

A vet level 197 EMP joined our team last night. During the battles in RWZ, I noticed that he emp wasn't healing or buffing anything. Instead he was playing as a weak blaster using his secondary attacks. When I see this, I wonder why he chose a defender.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

55 minutes ago, Diantane said:

A vet level 197 EMP joined our team last night. During the battles in RWZ, I noticed that he emp wasn't healing or buffing anything. Instead he was playing as a weak blaster using his secondary attacks. When I see this, I wonder why he chose a defender.

Yes I'd be wondering too.  Healing, well was everyone at or near full health?  Bear in mind offensively you are just as effective at 1 hit point as you are at full health so as long no one is dying ...   The only reason to heal then is to keep someone at full health where the one shot rule would keep them upright, like a Defender or even Tanker,  who gets hit for more damage than have health by an AV, for example.   Now as to not buffing that's not ideal but understandable if the team is already rolling thru the foes as if they're wet tissue paper.   Most teams though aren't typically that overpowered there's almost always someone(s) who'd benefit from getting proactively buffed.

Would probably help to specify whether this was pylon/street-sweeping, missions or a Mothership raid.

A lot of casual empaths play reactively (e.g. suboptimally); but to be fair triggering the auras and then blasting is probably more useful than trying to keep Fortitude up on 6-8 random needles in a massive mothership haystack.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Diantane said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ig8aj5gb6mgefc1sye

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

21 hours ago, Diantane said:

Oh, hello again, Dian.

So, what were they meant to be doing while the team was at full HP? Pat themselves on the back? RWZ is where people spam their Destinies and everyone is buffed to the gazoo.

I wonder if you'll even catch on that each time you make one of these threads we gently correct you but you move on undeterred to the next pearl of wisdom where we, once more, gently fact check your claims just for you to move to the next pearl. At some point I will have to start agreeing that yours is a troll account since we're at the.. what? 15th pearl of wisdom that would make the life of any newbie more difficult were they to follow any of them (hopefully never all of them at once).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

At some point I will have to start agreeing that yours is a troll account since we're at the.. what? 15th pearl of wisdom that would make the life of any newbie more difficult were they to follow any of them (hopefully never all of them at once).

Only 15th? Given that he's been creating threads like this for around 3 years now I'm pretty sure it's way more than 15. I've been complaining almost since he started posting that he's either a troll or ... [DIRECTIVE 4]

Danger2.jpg

• Haha 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• 2 weeks later