Game crashing for anyone else?

Nemeroff

I'm trying to log in. After I hit the "Play" button it crashes in seconds, and I prompts me to choose a crash report.

Been going on for 2 days now.

Is there an easy fix?

TY in advance 😁

CoH Crash 5_18_23.jpg

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

You appear to be using Tequila. Consider switching from tequila to the homecoming launcher. LINK: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/installation-guide/

I believe there is also a new error reporting version or add-on available. I have not found a link... did I dream it?

This may not be related, but Windows has recently been delivering new updates (the latest win 10 and Win 11) that have higher system requirements and may cause some computers to grind almost to a halt with repeated failed attempts to download and update. I'm not sure if it would cause your crash but it did prevent CoH from starting on one of my machines during the daily failed attempt to update Windows. After I postponed Windows updates for a week, CoH loaded successfully.

Edited by PsiBug
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I was using Tequila.

Seems I've got some reading to do. Overall, today's just going to be nuts but I'll get started. (grumbles, I should have been reading the whole time) lol

TY for the replies! This Community's the best!

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

If it helps, my links have reference on how to handle any leftover data migration after you've done the installation of the Launcher. Granted, in Windows, the installer Should give you the option / automatically (?) all the files you generated anyway, but it never helps to double check. And yes, you can have Both installed, just don't put them in the same Exact folder.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)