see existing binds

returning after a long absence and I know I had binds set up on most of my characters.  generally nothing fancy, like toggle between fly and hover, but the keys I would have expected them to be tied to aren't triggering.   Is there a command to see what binds are active on a character?  I have looked through several of the guides in this area but haven't been able to find that.

the only characters that still seem to work are my kheldians and I built bind files for them as they have a lot of more complex binds

/bind_save_file "[path to save location of your choice]"

So in my case, I use this (I'm on a Mac, FYI):

/bind_save_file "z:/Applications/City of Heroes/Bind Files/Saved/NameOfAlt.txt"

When I joined Homecoming I was glad I am a bit of a digital packrat and I still had all my old bind files I could reference. 🙂

Edited by CFIndustries
  • Like 1

Keep in mind that I Think doing the command twice will overwrite the first file (if you don't give it a specific file name), so if you're doing it for multiple alts with Different binds, then you'll want to make sure to give a unique file name (as hinted in the example above).

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 3 weeks later

There is also a way to see what bind is on a single key… use /show_bind <key>

Also Options—> Keybinds tab will show you most of the binds on a character. 

I usually use the Bind_save_file <character name.txt>. It saves the .txt file in the <COH Install Directoey>/Settings/Live/ (or you can set your own location). I just change it, the reload it on my character using /bind_load_file <file name & path>

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 6/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, Herotu said:

I tried this kind of thing. Good luck to you! May you have better results than I did.

It's pretty easy unless you like to go with very complicated binds. Check this out https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/The_Incomplete_and_Unofficial_Guide_to_/bind

If you still have trouble, just ask here or PM me and I can help. 🙂