Most Embarrassing "Missed Attack" Animation?

tidge

Arcane Bolt. Everyone can tell you're trying to shoot something off the ceiling — maybe that hanging lamp that will look so nice in your den — long before you "miss."

But yeah, the Sands of Mu whif-whif-whif-whif tells the tale even if no one is watching. At least it's over quickly AND simultaneous with the attack.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Its rare but ive seen it when you use Foot Stomp and it misses EVERYONE but ONE guy

so an entire 10 person mob surrounds you, you footstomp and 1 guy goes flying while the other 9 look at him funny

Bob flies into the air with wilhem scream 

what is bob doing ? that stomp didnt do much more than shake the ground a bit. 

ah thats just bob hes known for over acting you should see him at our weekly basketball games

• Haha 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

1 hour ago, catsi563 said:

Its rare but ive seen it when you use Foot Stomp and it misses EVERYONE but ONE guy

Something similar happens to me sometimes if I combat jump into a spawn and don't wait just like half a breath before activating a PBAoE like Foot Stomp, the game server hasn't caught up yet and thinks I activated that PBAoE before arriving at the spawn.   So it hits nobody.  You don't even get a "Missed" notification.  You just stomp and... nothing happens.

Another annoying PBAoE thing that happens to me is I sometimes double-hit the key to activate it and it activates.. but then stays queued as well afterwards.  If it was the last thing I did in a fight and I don't notice it's queued, it will often activate again halfway to the next spawn.   Even worse if it's Eye of the Storm.  You just get down and breakdance in the middle of an empty hallway as the team is running past you to the next fight.  

hmm.....not an animation but there was this one time i had on tactics a medium yellow insp + aim & buildup and still missed..............a destructible wooden crate 3 feet away. this memory has caused me much mental anguish for over a decade 😞 

• Haha 2

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

On 5/23/2023 at 12:46 PM, Marshal_General said:

I think that for any character that gets a snipe, it is programmed to miss the first time you use it.

same goes for assassin's strike 

Also, if the target is one that has an attack you don't want to be the victim of (I'm looking at you, Malta Sapper). 😞  

My most memorable:

We were in the blue layer cake room of a random radio mission. Spotted an enemy clear across the room. Queued up my Snipe shot, inched closer until I was at the absolute maximum range. Shot fired. In about .027 seconds it was obvious: This was going no where near the guy. And yet, the projectile continued its slow, gradual journey across the room. Time stood still. Civilizations collapsed, galaxies burned out, entire alternate dimensions blinked out of existence, George RR Martin finished writing his next book. The shot was still gradually making its way across the room...20 feet to the left of the target.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1