Most Embarrassing "Missed Attack" Animation?

tidge

There are quite a few; I think [Pool.Sorcery.Arcane Bolt] is the one I find is most embarrassing when it misses. First, there is the long wind-up, and during the cast you can already tell that the spell is going off-target. In my head: my characters are thinking "Pay no attention to whatever it is I am trying to do."

For me, it's Crane Kick.  I use it as a finisher for the style points - nothing like kocking your foe into a wall to say "I'm done with you."  But if you miss, you get a double "whiff" noise; once with the kick, and once when returning to your default stance.  Probably the one thing in the entire game that makes me feel like PeeWee Herman.

Edited by TheOtherTed
  • Haha 1

Sands of Mu and it's Dark Melee counterpart, as well as its inferior copy in the Speed pool, Flurry.

"Oh, no I missed my first hit...  better keep swinging and hope one of these connects."  But they never do.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Eye of the Storm. You miss with your weapon, hands, feet, body, face…

• Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Any blast power when you're standing right next to your target, then for no discernible reason you extend your arms above your head and fire straight up into the sky.

• Thumbs Up 6

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

2 hours ago, Mjolnerd said:

Any blast power when you're standing right next to your target, then for no discernible reason you extend your arms above your head and fire straight up into the sky.

That's what they call a "warning shot", even as your foe is laughing their butt off... 😁

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

On 5/20/2023 at 8:09 AM, tidge said:

There are quite a few; I think [Pool.Sorcery.Arcane Bolt] is the one I find is most embarrassing when it misses

Oh, I thought you were talking about powers that "missed" their animation.

My peacebringer is constantly getting no animation when using Incandescent Strike. They just stand there and the sound and damages happens.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Sometimes when playing a blast set, if I'm near the target and miss, my character will just arch up and shoot the ceiling. It's hillarious, but also adds a bit of insult to injury.

So yeah any blast set =P

Seriously! It makes me want to only take the AoE attacks!

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, RobotLove said:

Meteor.

which is even more hilarious because meteor ALWAYS hits exactly where you aimed it only for some schmuck standing right next to it to look down at the massive impact crater and dust off his shoulder while wondering what happened to bob the guy he was talking to

• Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

27 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

which is even more hilarious because meteor ALWAYS hits exactly where you aimed it only for some schmuck standing right next to it to look down at the massive impact crater and dust off his shoulder while wondering what happened to bob the guy he was talking to

They should add a slight chance to leave a pair of boots where one of the mobs was standing, especially if another mob got missed.

Edited by gamingglen
  • Haha 2