what secondary works with psi - something pbaoe'ey?

honoroit

psi primary got buffed. i wanna believe that something can approach fire (not on robots, but otherwise!)

secondary tho...

there's mental manipulation - but it has a less than great lvl 20 in drain psyche, that can backfire on you if you mistime it after mobs get 1 shot.

sonic manip seems good, and I hear wonders about temporal as a de facto choice in rounds...

I'm conflicted.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, biostem said:

I really like atomic manipulation on blasters, and it offers a good amount of PBAoE buffs/debuffs/other effects...

agree, i used it on a dark/atomic (not a great combo, decent st, i guess, but quite abyssmal in practice - but that was dark's fault not atomic)

psi seems better than dp, which is the other i considered, plus i like the sfx of psi!

positronic punch was kinda slow tho, compared to say seismic smash, its like a second slower.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a psi/martial that I’ve enjoyed immensely. Very speedy; stun city. Lots of KD. The character is my shonen/Naruto inspired toon (a little bit Kakashi as a starting point with the psi powers feeling like the Sharingan). Toggling Burst of Speed happens to make you faster while everything around you slower. That and FFB procs feed the recharge to bring Psychic Wail up faster which, unfortunately, is the only really big AOE. But Burst of Speed also gets you into melee range to pull of that one trick pony. Combat Teleport is an option to get out. 

Ad a side note, all the stuns stacking with Oppressive Gloom helps it feel like the character is moving faster than mobs can see.

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

3 hours ago, biostem said:

I really like atomic manipulation on blasters, and it offers a good amount of PBAoE buffs/debuffs/other effects...

I will also toss in a vote for Atomic. I'm in the process of leveling a Psy/Atomic and so far they feel like they mesh well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

went psi / mental - character "complicate".

very happy so far: i did NOT realize that psi snipe grants 10s of 50% range!! makes the cones big.

drain psyche isnt as awful as id remembered.

/atomic is an awesome set, but i was so put back by dark/atomic coming from a fire/fire (i hate that slow pbaoe where you spread your arms in /fire).... 

dark atomic had niche on hard targets, but aside was...nit great. theres such a thing as an overload of single target ranged, and dark/atomic felt like that.

psi mental, no, its like a better fortunata (albeit without the support functions)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2023 at 8:50 PM, biostem said:

Allow me to jump on the /Atomic Manipulation train. I enjoy the heck outta Blapping, if the intent is to stay at range then it may not offer as much enjoyment as something like /Time. IMO both Atomic Manipulation and Time offer better "Build Up" type powers than are typically found in Blaster Primary sets.

The only additional comment I feel like making about Atomic Manipulation is that slotting really matters to get attack chains smooth. Prior to the late 40s, I didn't feel like I had a really reliable ability to switch back and forth between Blasting and Blapping.

Here is how my /AtomicManipulation powers are chosen and slotted at level 50. There is nothing particularly insightful, except possibly to note that this build doesn't lean into %damage from procs (except for the PBAoE Radioactive Cloud... even the primary doesn't use multiple %procs, in favor of raw boosts and set bonuses).

This blaster also leverages Combat Teleport to get in-and-out of melee.

Spoiler

Level 1:                 Negatron Slam 

(A) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Damage/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50

Level 10:              Ionize   

(A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

(*) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 16:              Beta Decay        

(A) HamiO:Enzyme Exposure: Level 53

Level 20:    Metabolic Acceleration    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 50
 (*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 50
 (*) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 50
 (*) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 50

Level 24:    Atom Smasher    
 (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (*) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (*) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (*) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown: Level 50

Level 28:    Radioactive Cloud    
 (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50
 (*) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50
 (*) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 50

Level 30:    Positronic Fist    
 (A) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5
 (*) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative): Level 50
 (*) Hecatomb - Damage: Level 50+5

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I will also shout for Atomic.  I am running it on a DP Blaster for some nice Blapper Synergy as well as on a Storm Blaster where I am working the fringes of my maelstrom of Chaos!  I too do not lean fully into procs except in the Cloud.

P.S. I dont think the Psychic Blast changes are all that great.  Slow fire powers with low damage are still slow fire with low damage.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

4 hours ago, High_Beam said:

P.S. I dont think the Psychic Blast changes are all that great.  Slow fire powers with low damage are still slow fire with low damage.

its working well so far, mentals psi shout pbaoe is up all the time and mezzes, the cast times arent too awful aside from the chain.  the range boost from snipe is very useful at embiggening (heh) the coe aoe... 

i do like dp, for the looks and agree itd work nicely with atomic.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:05 PM, honoroit said:

agree, i used it on a dark/atomic (not a great combo, decent st, i guess, but quite abyssmal in practice - but that was dark's fault not atomic)

psi seems better than dp, which is the other i considered, plus i like the sfx of psi!

positronic punch was kinda slow tho, compared to say seismic smash, its like a second slower.

I have a psi sonic at 50+ and it's a blast!

• Thumbs Up 1

Top Flight Security of the World!

1 hour ago, bjay0801 said:

I have a psi sonic at 50+ and it's a blast!

thought very strongly about sonic, its very good, and has a better no hassle sustain. 

but i couldnt pass on the extra cone, and theming of mental.

plus trying to meta guess myself, nearly everyone packs -res. i dont know the debuff cap for it, but in higher level groups, im skipping this contrib and putting -recharge. psi scream is 50% recharge down and some damage i use range boosted rotationally. same with psi shockwave, another 50%. 

world of confusion is definately worse than res aura, but... looks super cool dark mode with black/purple coloring, kupo.