Does the drama ever make you want to take a break?

MHertz

We’re rarely if ever going to escape drama in some form or another on the internet. No online community can avoid it 100% of the time.

That being said, I think the Homecoming community and the HC team work pretty hard to keep things harmonious and civil. The normal, everyday drama I see here is minimal; if an argument does blow up, it's managed fairly quickly by the players or a GM. Granted, there are often times when I turn General off for the moment, but usually it’s just because I prefer not to read a 20-minute debate on the topic of comic lore or pizza toppings.

I’m not saying Homecoming is perfect, but considering some of the genuinely ugly drama I have seen in other gaming communities, I do think it offers a comparatively better social experience than most.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, MHertz said:

Sometimes other people just suck, and it makes me want to see fewer of them. Sometimes this happens in the game. Unlike real life, there is a solution for in-game drama: the ignore feature, and remembering that participating in the game is voluntary.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you say, "No amount of entertainment is worth the human drama going on here" and want to take a healthy break?

No, somebody brings drama to me, I do everything in my power to make them fall to the ground, roll over...and cry.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later

In all seriousness the MSR drama concerning made me consider  leaving. Then I figured why let some milksops running on an arbitrary power trip ruin your good time. Besides the problem isn't on my end I have no problems (other than one but it's taken care of). Some people on here like drama for the sake of drama 

• Like 1

crumbs and stars! ive never heard the word milksop before. its probably deeply offensive? its probably a euphamism for effeminate in a diminutive way?

milksop, one to remember, with poltroon, 'nancy boy' , and whatever a 'pantywaist' is.

lacking in leadership (as historically rejected as so, this crafted a manner of means to an end in social effect. weird words in a twist, huh?)

at my boarding school, people used to refer to others as 'feebs'. i had no idea at the time, it wasnt a sentiment i would not express as it was clearly cruel; that that was remnant of genetic selection of the wrong kind.

such sorrows, this world. and infected of our children. so sweeps waves, shapes, hate, and Man in his caves.

harrumph.

if i ever overburn toast, i like to, if i have it, dip it in the head of unshaken full milk. its delicious.

The name Milksop is thought to derive from the Middle English word "milksop," which was "a piece of bread soaked in milk." As a name, it may have evolved from a nickname for a "spiritless" man. It has also been suggested that it mays have been an occupational name for a farmer who dealt with milk products.

Screenshot_20230624-153916_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7621038f922a922a9446e0bee5dbc10d.jpg

Edited by honoroit
  • Haha 1