Does it make sense to have the Force Feedback +Recharge proc in Kick?

the mauler

I've noticed a number of builds using the Force Feedback +recharge proc in Kick and I'm wondering if that makes sense. Mids shows it affecting Haste if Kick is used but not passively which I would expect. Does it make sense though? or would it of course, be better in another attack power? It would have to replace a slot in the other attack which would likely reduce damage etc. Thanks for any advice!

Edited by the mauler

FF:rech procs are generally worth it if you can get them to proc at least once a minute in that power.   Then you're doing as much as (or maybe a little better) +recharge than a single LotG:Recharge proc does.

But Kick has only a 16ish% chance to proc FF:rech if you slot no recharge in it, so you'd have to be sure to use it 8-10 times a minute probably to have a good chance of seeing that one proc.  Is THAT worth it?  I don't know.  I'd want to slot it as an attack with acc/dmg too if I was going to use it that often.  

I don't know if Mid's does all this math for you.  I haven't looked at it in some time.  I know it used to just add +100% global recharge if you checked the proc bubble in the power.  That gave a very unrealistic view of global recharge for the build since each proc is only up for 5 seconds, not full-time.  

No it absolutely isn't worth it in kick. As said above it has a horrible chance to proc and if that's all you are slotting it will miss often and do very little damage if it hits. It also comes with the disadvantage of making global recharge look much better than it is in mids if you forget to toggle it off. I consider boxing to be by far the better pick because there is less temptation to put it in my tray and try to use it.

FF+rech procs in general can be very powerful tools though. They are best used in aoes where the chances of firing are greatly increased. If you are going to slot in a single target power it really needs to have a longish cooldown and preferably no recharge slotted alongside it.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, the mauler said:

I've noticed a number of builds using the Force Feedback +recharge proc in Kick and I'm wondering if that makes sense. Mids shows it affecting Haste if Kick is used but not passively which I would expect. Does it make sense though? or would it of course, be better in another attack power? It would have to replace a slot in the other attack which would likely reduce damage etc. Thanks for any advice!

It makes sense if and only if you actually use kick regularly (or at all) in your damage rotation AND its capable of actually hitting a mob(because the ACC of your build/slotting kick with acc), AND the -chance- to proc actually occurs. 

In other words, for not a small number of builds that get thrown up on the forums and else where, it really has no relevance to put FF in kick. KB powers you do use and especially if aoe have more relevance to consider.

11 hours ago, the mauler said:

*If* you use kick in your normal attack rotation, then have at it!  If it sits on your bar mostly unused, then give it a pass...

Thank you guys for the responses! They confirm my suspicion that it doesn't make sense in most all circumstances. Like you said several times it makes sense in a power that will actually be used in the attack rotation, especially in something like an aoe that has the chance to hit multiple mobs.

Counterpoint:

I slot it on my SS toons, and use during Rage "crash".  Also, to @Yomo Kimyata's point,  also use in extended AV fights...for $hits and giggles. 

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I have a few builds that do exactly this (put a FF +Recharge into Kick) but it is basically as a joke, in my case I think there is one character that has Kick because I was specifically getting all the Fighting pool powers, there is one that is holding a weapon and I wanted to avoid redraws, and there is another girly-man that simply kicks.

Taking/slotting Kick with +Recharge used to be my default if I was using the Fighting Pool for Tough / Weave, because on low-enough content any potential little bit of +Recharge can help. Now that (in Homecoming) the level requirements at which higher-tier powers become available have been lowered, the first choice of the Fighting pool isn't that important (for me) and truly it is rare that I have enough power choices to take three powers from the Fighting pool as early as I used to (when we had more "dead zones" in builds with old levels of power availabilities).

Unless the character is specifically holding something, I will almost always choose Boxing when going into the Fighting pool.

• Like 1